Other 6th Gen Pokemon OU Candidate Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karxrida

Eventide (art by @kzhjp)
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yes, but The use of Fairy types will increase due to it only being weak to Steel and Poison, and having advantage against Fighting, Dragon, etc., plus I believe that Fairy types are faster.
Is there even a single Fairy that breaks 100 base speed? If not, Mence is going to either speed tie or outspeed you.

Is there even a single Fairy that breaks 100 base speed? If not, Mence is going to either speed tie or outspeed you.
Whimsicott (lel), otherwise only M-Gardevoir speed-ties. Still, at least Togekiss is bulky enough to take anything that's not Stone Miss.

EDIT: I still want my Fairy-type Azelf, and I'll be quite upset if I don't get it.

Karxrida

Eventide (art by @kzhjp)
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yes. Whimsicott, Mega Gardevoir, Dedenne. And Togekiss might outspeed him.
Salamence vs Whimiscott
Salamence used Fire Blast!

Salamence vs Dedenne
Salamence used Earthquake!

Salamence vs Mega Gardevoir
Scarfed Mence gets first move. He might win with Earthquake. Might...

Salamence vs Togekiss
Okay, you've got me there.

Why is Mence staying in on Sylveon or Togekiss? He will get wrecked if he doesn't swap, because he can't OHKO either of them and they can certainly OHKO him.

Salamence vs Whimiscott
Salamence used Fire Blast!

Salamence vs Dedenne
Salamence used Earthquake!

Salamence vs Mega Gardevoir
Scarfed Mence gets first move. He might win with Earthquake. Might...

Salamence vs Togekiss
Okay, you've got me there.
Heeeheeeheeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

Also for the Dedenne thing, Nuzzle.

Why is Mence staying in on Sylveon or Togekiss? He will get wrecked if he doesn't swap, because he can't OHKO either of them and they can certainly OHKO him.
I was about to say Salamence will wreck Sylveon anyway, but...
  • 252 Atk Life Orb Salamence Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 135-160 (34.26 - 40.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
Huh. That changes my whole perception of Sylveon.

EDIT: nevermind, I used Umbreon's stats and didn't change defence. It's a 2HKO.

EDIT the 2nd: On the other hand, Bold Sylveon looks like it takes Sally quite well. To wit:
  • 252 Atk Life Orb Salamence Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 152+ Def Sylveon: 155-182 (39.34 - 46.19%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
So... it really did change my perception on Sylveon.

Last edited:
I was about to say Salamence will wreck Sylveon anyway, but...
  • 252 Atk Life Orb Salamence Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 135-160 (34.26 - 40.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
Huh. That changes my whole perception of Sylveon.

EDIT: nevermind, I used Umbreon's stats and didn't change defence. It's a 2HKO.
I didn't know the calculation off hand, but I'm using Clefable right now who is very similar to Sylveon and I can tell you that despite their appearances, they can take a physical beating. Especially if you run Reflect.

Even if it settles for Dazzling Gleam, it's certainly OU-viable. Forcing dragons that could cover everything before to run different movesets will do that.

Thank you, I just found your thread. I guess no more paraflinching for Togekiss, since he loses coverage against those steel types and more importantly, loses to Flash Cannon Heatran.
Yeah, just because of this statement I can already see Steel types dominating all tiers.

Carbink has a very nice support movepool and typing, Rock/Fairy, and very decent bulk all around. it also has the effect Sturdy which prevents 1hko. It can setup reflect and light screen and as well as stealth rock it can wall most pokemon with +2 swords dance such as Blaziken. It has access to Toxic which can also be ran. besides from that it also has access to the all important calm mind. very viable candidate to go to ou.

Thank you, I just found your thread. I guess no more paraflinching for Togekiss, since he loses coverage against those steel types and more importantly, loses to Flash Cannon Heatran.
Could still be possible with Galvantula's Sticky Web instead of paralysis. The 4-slot move syndrome sucks though :x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)