Other 7 Deadly Sins - Reincarnated [SIGNUPS]

parts of OP borrowed from hal’s original post

Seven Deadly Sins is a Genius Game/Survivor/Big Brother hybrid designed by apricity (aka hal), who hosted the first edition of this game earlier in the year (thread link here). Every round, players participate in a main match, in which there are some amount of winners (who cannot be chosen for elimination) and some amount of elimination candidates. One of the elimination candidates will always be the worst scoring player in the main match, while the other elimination candidate can be chosen from various methods, but usually it is by nomination from the person who came in last in the challenge. Players who rank the lowest in a Main Match may also receive some other type of 'punishment', such as a penalty vote at the next Elimination Ceremony (it will be specified if this is ever the case). After the selection of the elimination candidates, the rest of the players vote for one of these candidates to be eliminated from the game. You may survive in this game with excellent challenge performance or with excellent social performance, but a dearth of both will put you in grave danger. This game will be primarily hosted and played through a Discord server that I've made, but I will also be using the thread to make announcements, and some of the challenges may be hosted through the thread.

Through this method, players are eliminated by a series of challenges and tribal councils until there are only 2 players left. The main difference between this re-edition of 7DS and hal’s original 7DS is that the winner is no longer decided by a final challenge, but rather will be decided by the votes of the jury, similar to Survivor and Big Brother, with a ‘final tribal council’ being hosted at the end of the game. Additionally, ECs always have their votes taken away while they are ECs (similar to Big Brother where nominees can’t vote).

I’ll post a formal ruleset somewhere in the Discord channel eventually, but basically don’t be an asshole to other players, and don’t talk to people that aren’t in the game about the game. No outside help at all, ESPECIALLY from spectators. You also cannot talk to other players about the game once they (or you) have been eliminated.

This game is designed for 13 players, which is my ideal size for this game. I would prefer not to go over 13 but if there’s enough demand I’ll increase the playerlist to 15. I can also cut down the game to 11 players (or less, but ideally not below 10) if needed.

This game will move quickly. Most of the challenges have short deadlines, usually either 24 hours or 12 hours. I don’t want challenges to drag on which is why I’m having short deadlines. Please ONLY SIGN UP IF YOU HAVE ENOUGH FREE TIME TO COMMIT TO THIS GAME. This isn’t like Survivor where you can AFK for 2 weeks and get carried by an alliance without having to do anything. Is that possible in this format? Maybe, but it’s a pain in the ass as a host to constantly ping people to do stuff, and it makes it boring for spectators to watch. Challenges are an essential part of this format and the whole thing will flop if people are constantly missing deadlines, not submitting actions, forgetting to vote, etc. I will say this again: please only sign up if you are actually going to put in time to play.

Signups will be open for about 48 hours; simply post 'in' or shoot me a PM on Discord to join (Waffles#8780, I'm also in the Circus Discord as Whydon). Anyone is welcome to join as long as they have a Smogon account in order to properly follow along with posts in the thread. Expect this game to begin sometime in the afternoon (EST) this Friday, with Discord invites going out no later than Thursday. If you are accepted to play I will send you a few questions on Discord asking some stuff about you and your playstyle, as I plan on making little player summaries to post in the spectator chat on Discord so it's easier for spectators to follow along. Speaking of spectators, if you’d like to be one feel free to PM me.

Another disclaimer: I am giving priority to people who did not already play in the last 7DS. If you played in Hal’s game and want to play, please don’t hesitate to signup, but just know that I am giving preference to new players. I would still like to have a few players from last season be in this game, so again, don't hesitate to signup if you played last season.

Players:

1. Inferno
2. Energy
3. Jalmont
4. Aaronboyer
5. MathTurtle
6. Yellow Pizza (off-site)
7. Shmegg (off-site)
8. Duskfall
9. Hal
10. Drookez
11. xRaphx (off-site)
12. Flyhn
13. Texas Cloverleaf

Last edited:
Still need a few more people (somewhere between 3-5 would be ideal since I have you 5 + 2 non-Smogon people). I'll likely start sending out Discord invites sometime tomorrow while keeping sign-ups open for a little longer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)