8-1 OU Team.

So yeah, this team is 8-1, but that might be (and probably is) due to the fact that I'm probably playing sub par opponents. So yeah, insight into how to make this team better would be nice. Thanks.

Deoxys-e @ Light Clay
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

DS Deoxys-e. This thing really supports the team.
1) SR support = win.
2) Keeps the opponent from getting SR up early.
3) Sets up screens, which are useful.

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 184 HP/176 Def/148 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- Bullet Punch
- X-Scissor

HUGE part of this team. His main purpose is to Agility, and then pass to an appropriate poke. He has also been known to sweep Bug-weak teams once he gets an agility. XD

Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Flamethrower
- Tri Attack

This guy is usually the first one to receive the agility-pass. He usually takes out 2-3 of the opponents Pokemon. Sometimes more. He is just so powerful after receiving an agility. Air Slash + Serene Grace = win. Tri Attack + Serene Grace has also fucked people up.

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 120 HP/252 Atk/136 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This guy is basically a filler. He doesn't get much out of the agilities normally. He's sort of stand-alone. Standard DDMence, I think.

Tyranitar (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Substitute

Epic win with an agility. Substitute is good on the switch, since I can attack a possible counter that may be sent in without worry. And, he's a crazy fast Subber after an agility.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Extremespeed
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Thunderpunch

Another filler, basically. Although Extremespeed has come in handy, and a fast Lucario (after getting passed an agility) is a scary thing. >=)

You have a huge scarftran weakness. Put in some kind of special wall. Cress maybe.

A side note: don't say win ever sentence, you sound like an idiot.

You have a huge scarftran weakness. Put in some kind of special wall. Cress maybe.

A side note: don't say win ever sentence, you sound like an idiot.
I hate walls. They're not win. I haven't had any trouble with any Tran so far. Maybe because I'm made of win.

And don't tell me what words to use.

Thanks for the help, anyhow.

regardless of him not being able to tell you what you can say, you look like a dumb ass saying Epic win, win win win. There isn't a scarf tran weakness until ttar is at 45%

Whats the point of TPunch and stone edge on lucario.

Ice Punch is better than tpunch

Kinda tired so pretty short rate...
But in Lucario... Thunderpunch is a waste of a Moveslot. It doesn't offer any good coverage that is already there. I'd replace it for Swords Dance. And on Tyranitar, try to find a spot for Dragon Dance, and possibly Ice Beam for additional coverage.

Eh, yache is not all too important anymore. I'm not saying it's obsolete, but ever since chomp got banned, it's been decreasing in use. Life orb is a ferfectly fine option.

I hate walls. They're not win. I haven't had any trouble with any Tran so far. Maybe because I'm made of win.

And don't tell me what words to use.

Thanks for the help, anyhow.
Hey, I get it!

You said win even more times after I said not to! You are a rebel, dude. No one tells you what to do!

Swampert annihilates both Lucario and and Tyranitar with Earthquake, but Lucario can probably OHKO after a Swords Dance with Close Combat and Tyranitar 3HkO with Crunch after setting up a substitute. Salamence can switch easily in an Earthquake and intimidate Swampert, but mixed versions have Ice Beam, which is usually good enough to score an OHKO if Salamence doesn't kill first (I'm not sure if STAB Outrage OHkOs though, and if SR is laid out, Mence doesn't really survive that Ice Beam without a Yache). Similarly, Gyarados deals quite the destructive amount of damage to the team. If he taunts Deoxys-S first, he can Dragon Dance the next turn and EQ/Waterfall the team (which means Lucario doesn't outspeed and OHKO with Thunderpunch). So unless you Reflect upon Gyara leads, Gyara can deal massive damge to your team (with the exception of maybe Salamence).

Generally, the team is decent. It lacks revenge killers, since Deoxys-S has no offensive attacks whatever, but maybe Scizor's boosted first priority comes in handy when revenge killing ever comes into a problem. You could always put Choice Scarf on Togekiss ya know...

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Swampert annihilates both Lucario and and Tyranitar with Earthquake, but Lucario can probably OHKO after a Swords Dance with Close Combat.
Salamence can switch easily in an Earthquake and intimidate Swampert, but mixed versions have Ice Beam, which is usually good enough to score an OHKO if Salamence doesn't kill first (I'm not sure if STAB Outrage OHkOs though, and if SR is laid out, Mence doesn't really survive that Ice Beam without a Yache).
Similarly, Gyarados deals quite the destructive amount of damage to the team. If he taunts Deoxys-S first, he can Dragon Dance the next turn and EQ/Waterfall the team (which means Lucario doesn't outspeed and OHKO with Thunderpunch). So unless you Reflect upon Gyara leads, Gyara can deal massive damge to your team (with the exception of maybe Salamence).
Lucario doesn't have SD, it should have it instead of Stone Edge ot Thunderpunch (preferably the latter) as Lucario wouldn't dare swap in on many of the common flying pkmn e.g. Gyara, Salamance, Zapdos due to taking too much damage (generally, I would have Crunch instead of both SE and Tpunch, for Cresselia and Ghosts that wall Extremespeed and Close Combat, Rotom and Gengar are very common). SD also works better with BPing agility.

STAB LO Outrage does not OHKO Mixpert, even after a DD (assuming the standard spread).

And the only way Gyara can taunt Deoxys if Gyaras taunts on the switch. But yes, Gyara can mess up this team; have thunderbolt on togekiss instead of Trick Attack.

I strongly question the use of Bullet Punch on an Impish Scizor with no Att EVs or Item boost. Its too weak and doesnt revenge kill well. Replace it with Roost and Technican with Swarm. Lucario has a strong enough priority move.

Finally, Salamance gets walled by Skarm, Forry and Zong too easily, replace SE with Overheat, Tyranitar already has STAB SE. And he OHKOs Zapdos after a DD Outrage, Outrage does 90% of the damage of a super effective SE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)