ORAS UU A Bad UU Team

Hey, guys. I'm generally new to the forums, and I just made a UU team. So I want you guys to rate it and give me the flaws and that stuff.
im so new to this that i was in the wrong forum

Damage (Darmanitan) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Bulk Up
- U-turn

Darmanitan here is basically my main and favorite Pokemon. Go for a Bulk Up or two since it's sorta frail. I gave it 4 SpD EVs to make it defensive somehow. Flare Blitz is my main move. If I meet an enemy that resists Flare Blitz, or I just don't want recoil, I'll go for Earthquake. U-Turn is to return while doing damage, especially for super effective damage. Life Orb is for that boost that goes along with Sheer Force. With Umbreon (being explained later) supporting it, and Blissey (also being explained later), also supporting it, it's gonna be a practical beast.

John Cena (Machamp) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Def
Careful Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

The idea of No Guard is amazing to me. Machamp's moves will always hit. So I did No Guard. Dynamic Punch is my main move, with 150 power adding up to STAB and confusing instantly. Poison Jab is to deal with fairies and attempt to poison them. Bullet Punch is a priority move that takes down regular Mawile (if they even use that), but Poison Jab is just generally the better option. Earthquake is to deal with Doublade, with as well just being a general hard hitting move.

Rosey Raid (Roserade) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

A spikes setter. If I see Pokemon that're weak to ground, I'm gonna use Spikes first. If not, Toxic Spikes is my option. Either way, if I survive, I'm gonna do both. When I'm done, Sludge Bomb will be my main move to poison. Giga Drain is an option if it's weak to grass, or just an opportunity when it's frail overall. 4 Defense to make sure I can take a physical hit, 252 HP to buff up both special defense and regular, and Specal Attack boost is always nice.

Blessing (Blissey) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
Come on guys. You know I'm gonna use Blissey. Wish is to possibly heal my teammates (preferably Darmanitan). Toxic is to weaken the Pokemon for Darmanitan. Soft-Boiled is to heal off physical hits. Seismic Toss is Blissey's only direct attacking move that's good, and so that's my move choice.

Musketeer (Cobalion) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
Cobalion is the secondary wallbreaker. Swords Dance to get attack to high levels, and Stealth Rock to weaken Pokemon and make Darmanitan's job easier. Sacred Sword is to deal with Mega Aggron and Shuckle's stat boosts. Iron Head will still be my main move, having a chance to flinch.

Umbre (Umbreon) (M) @ Quick Claw
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Work Up
- Baton Pass
- Sucker Punch
Umbreon is the main support of the team. I can use Work Up if I want to just increase attack, or Curse to increase attack and defense at the cost of speed. Sucker Punch is if I'm the last Pokemon, and I need to attack somehow, as well as just being its main move. When I'm ready to give Cobalion or Darmanitan a stat boost, I use Baton Pass and go there.

First of all, your team gets completely dismantled by mega beedrill and flying types, such as mega aerodactyl or specs Zapdos. It also lacks defogger/rapid spinner, although that's acceptable in the current meta.

Darmanitan is an interesting set, but I'm not entirely convinced by the idea of coupling a boosting move in bulk up with u-turn. It also leaves you without a really fast revenge killer and thus vulnerable to getting swept.
Both Machamp and Cobalion are slow attackers, so with life orb they'll be taking a lot of damage each turn. I would recommend lefties on cobalion (especially since you are a setup set) and either lefties or assault vest on machamp (although with blissey around, I'd recommend lefties).
I think the Umbreon set is too gimmicky. Quick claw is way too unreliable, and having sucker punch as your only attack leaves you vulnerable to status. More than 1 setup move is an overkill, and it also leaves you without any form of regeneration; I'd recommend replacing work up with Wish.

Alright, I'll consider this. dear lord im so busy setting up spikes i cant defend myself from them
U-Turn isn't a really good move for Darmanitan I understand now. I'll try to replace it with Rock Slide. I'll try Hitmontop instead of Machamp, is this a good idea? Also, I put all that stuff there.

Hi, Welcome to Smogon I hope you enjoy it here. So a few things that strike me right off the bat are that you team doesn't have an answer for a lot of big threats. Physical Fire Types like Entei, Darmanitan and Arcanine will have a field day wirh your team. You dont have enough bulk or pressure to take on Krookodile, Honchcrow, Mega-Abomasnow or even the newly dropped Crawdaunt.

Blissey does not need Wish and Sof-Boiled on the same set, literally any other move, Protect, Toxic or Thunder Wave are vastly superior. Umbreon is a waste of a pokemon, it will be taken down by any status, hard hitting fighting type or by straight Sheer muscle from pokemon like Aboma or Aero.

Bulk up Darmanitan is intresting, but I would hardly call it viable. Bulk Up takes too many turns to set up as opposed to a move like Swords Dance where you can instantly raise your Attack to +2 in one turn. Darmanitan is way to frail to run Bulk up in the first place however, as it will die to any priority move or get crippled by bulkly mons like FatMence and Snorlax I ran some calcs to show you what I mean.

Calcs (Somebody show me how to name hide folders .3.)
(I made Darm at Plus 2 from Bulk up to be nice, but you will be lucky to get two)

+2 252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Thick Fat Snorlax: 253-298 (48.2 - 56.8%) -- 41% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

(If you get Para by Snorlax Body Slam your screwed)

+1 252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 236+ Def Salamence: 169-200 (43 - 50.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

(Darm will be at +1 after intimidate and will get Dragon Tailed out by mence)

Look, on paper bulk up Darmanitan looks amazing, but most people will tell you it's much harder to accomplish in an actual battle. Darmanitan isn't the fastest thing ever, not bulky and just will be torn apart without a scarf. There is a good reason why Choice Band Darmanitans are rather rare.

Another thing is that the only pokemon that do not run any setup moves on your team are Roserade, Blissey and Machamp, which is perfectly fine if you were running an Hyper Offensive team, but this team looks like a mix of Balance and Bulky Offense.

Not to be mean, but I can't really suggest anything that won't change what the essence of this team is; this is Rate my Team, not Build my Team. I could recommend that you go to UU Resources Compenduim,
here

Without changing your team too much, I can see that without Cobalion you get destroyed by things that outspeed Darm, notably Mienshao and other Cobalion. I could suggest you change your Darmanitan to be Rock Slide over Bulk Up and Choice Scarf over Life Orb. That would give you a nice way to handle some threats to your team which get hurt pretty bad by a Flare Blitz, as well as any other coverage.

Another thing would be to change Quick Claw on Umbreon > Leftovers. Quick Claw is entirely useless, and your only attacking move is Sucker Punch, which already has priority. Also, I'd suggest changing Sucker Punch > Foul Play, so you can hit setup sweepers with enough potential to simply OHKO them by their own means. Also, Curse + Work Up is pretty redundant, I'd suggest Moonlight over Work Up. This allows you to stay healthy enough to accumulate boosts, though passing a speed drop can be pretty hindering, so maybe you should rethink the baton passing on that.

One other thing is Blissey. Although it has monstrous amounts of special defense, I'd suggest changing Blissey > Florges, so that you have a general dragon check, a special sponge, and you can pass wishes to your sweepers to put them back in a good spot. Alternatively, you can run Cress if you need that status support, but it might not be needed.

Finally, your Roserade set is a bit... wonky. Sash is generally a bad idea, so I'd suggest something like a more defensive spread with Sleep Powder so that something like Cobalion can set up and try for a sweep.

Hopefully these edits should help. c:

Darmanitan @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Curse
- Moonlight
- Baton Pass
- Foul Play
Roserade @ Black Sludge
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Synthesis
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

I dunno about Choice Scarf, but I replaced Bulk Up with Rock Slide. I'll do everything with Umbreon 'cept the Curse thing. I'll think about replacing Blissey with Florges. I'll put Sleep Powder on Roserade and give it something like Leftovers or something.
These seem like good ideas imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)