A bug and slug...

Well hello its me again, and I would just like to say a big thankyou for all the input for my hail team, but it is so difficult to play so I went back to the drawing board. I scraped that the last team altogether and did some research about effective offensive cores, and after doing a lot of reading and research I found an effective core hidden away which is based around heracross and heatran, after looking deeper into it they do have decent type synergy and defences to boot, the only thing really lacking is speed, which is made up for with choice scarfs. Now onto the team

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash

This is the bug, move away scizor this is the top bug, close combat and megahorn are the STAB's of choice which both pack immense power without even taking into account the base attack of 125! Stone edge is to take down flying types, and night slash is more filler, although I am considering aerial ace to take down opposing fighting types, also flying and fighting does have decent synergy aswell.

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

This is special attacking behemoth, with a choice scarf attached he has everything a pokemon needs, power, speed and still respectable bulk. Flamethrower and flash cannon are stabs, hidden power ice and earth power are for coverage, all very simple, my only nip pick is although he is powerful would a choice specs set be better? He does lack wall breaking power as he doesn't have any high powered moves.

Gastrodon (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SAtk / 132 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

The power duo does have a few weaknesses which is patched up by this slug, being immune to both electric and water moves is so helpful for the team as a whole and for the offensive pairing, not much to say about the set really, maximise bulk and power and choice specs to really pack a punch, all the moves are to make rain teams life a living nightmare.

Espeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

At this stage I needed some form of hazard control, after looking at my team so far it is very offensive orientated so left me to a few decisions, either starmie, xatu or espeon, after a quick decision is decided on espeon, its fairly quick has mixed bulk and single handily causes stall teams a lot of grief, sub pass is very useful as it allows all my choice poke's a safeguard to either attacks or status, psyshock is the STAB move of choice and hidden power fire is take down the spike setters.

Garchomp (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Protect

Although I do have espeon I needed a more reliable way to lay down stealth rocks, and I always wanted to use garchomp once I found out he was ou so I thought why not, I decided on a bulkier set as the sword dance set doesn't work as well with all the faster threats out their, but anyways protect is scout stealth rocks is his purpose, dragon tail is very useful to phase and rack up damage, and earthquake is power.

Weavile (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick

I needed a revenge killer, manly for other choice scarf users which my two cannot outspeed, and weavile seems to fit the bill, ice shard is take down pesky dragons, pursuit was the selling point as it can take down to so many pokemon on the switch , and low kick although rarely used can take down pokemon like tyranitar, lastly ice punch....is hardly ever used I mean I may aswell have an empty moveslot.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey man, so I'm actually liking this team, mainly because I'm an offensively minded player. Anyway, I like the core of Heatran and Heracross, and the synergy that Gastrodon shares with Heatran is great.

However, I'm not sure I'm liking to choices you made regarding your items, as I think Heatran isn't the greatest Scarfer, and you already have both Heracross and Weavile to revenge kill stuff. Anyway, I suggest you make Heatran an Air Balloon set. This will allow you to move SR off of Garchomp, and make Chomp a more offensive set, like SD. The reason I suggest this is because I believe the current set is really slowing down your team and your momentum, since it's very offensive at the moment.

Heatran set

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

And here's the Garchomp set that I think would be most suited to your team.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Good luck with the team, I hope I helped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)