A different approach at the VGCs

Hello, I'm here to introduce my new team for the VGC. This is team is doing about half and half, but i feel it lacks bulk, and some common things you have to have at the VGCs. I appreciate all advice.

Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature (+ Sp. Def. -Attack)
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand

Probably the most useful member on my team. He can easily take two HP Ice's or thunderbolts from a Thunderous, and is one hell of a troll. With moves like follow me taking down threats like Follow Me and Helping Hand taking down bulky threats like Cresslia and such just got a lot easier. Thunderwave is also an added boost since slowing down those speedy threats like Thundurus is always VERY useful. I feel he is very annoying to my opponent, and a great addition not only to my team, but any team at all really!

Latios (M) @ White Herb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Dragon Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Protect

The blue jet. While he is a major power house and a very speedy one at that I feel he is the weakest link of the team. The most he can stand is one or two ice beams from even cressilia, however; if he can set up a Surf (especially with gastodon in the field) or even a Draco Meteor he can really destroy a team. Though I'm not sure a dragon like Hydreigon could fulfill his place or not.

Gastrodon @ Rindo Berry
Trait: Storm Drain
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Protect

A very useful member of the team. Not only is he my counter to both rain teams and trick room teams he is able to take down many major threats. Such as T-Tar, Terrakion, and Thundurus. Plus with a storm drain boost he is a monster. My favorite way to use him is to switch him when Latios is about to use Surf. This right off the bat makes him a threat to almost any team.

Virizion @ Grass Gem
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Originally I had Breloom here, but ultimately decided on Virizion because of its higher speed. That extra speed has yet to pay off though. So I feel as if she too is a weaker link in the team. She also has no really strategy. I added her because I needed a grass and fighting type that was fast.

Chandelure @ Master Ball
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Heat Wave
- Dark Pulse

Ah, Chandelure. Orginally he too was added as a glue to help make more of an element based team, but later he became my favoirte member of my team. Not only can that Heatwave screw over a lot of teams see that item of his. Yeah, its a masterball. Why? Because trick that's why. I had noticed many teams are based heavily on items, and giving a master ball to a pokemon that NEEDS its item is a lot of fun, and can help destroy a team as well.

Thundurus (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Probably the second most useful on the team. To sum him up take the roll of Togekiss, but instead of sacrificing itself for another member to get a kill Thundurus does the killing! I say take the role of Togekiss because he causes a lot of status problems, and with Thundurus's ability Prankster it makes that job much easier for him!
- Hidden Power [Ice]

- I'd put Flame orb on Chandelure instead. Fire types are immune to burns so you can give the orb to a physical attacker and make is next to useless. Also try fitting protect on your offensive mons.

Improve more the evs of thundurus and gastrodon
Thundurus with electric gem is better than focus sash
The final move for thundurus can be subtitute or hp ice
Put protect in chandelure over dark pulse and in virision over hp fire
I think that put recover in gastrodon is a good change
Stone edge can be switch to rock slide
Surf in latios to hp fire

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)