ORAS UU A Different Dimension - UU Semi-Trick Room

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion

"smh pdt stop bothering the forums with ur bad gimmicks." Sorry, no can do. ;)
Yo guys, It's PDT back with yet another RMT. This time I'm going to bring you a team that's been hovering around the high 1500s and it's a lot of fun so I decided to post it here. Semi-Trick Room may sound like a pretty dumb gimmick, but it isn't, which I'll get to later. The name of this team was chosen because I'm about to graduate from middle school(lol yes im in 8th grade), and high school is lookin' kinda scary right now so I hope it works out. Enjoy! :)

"smh pdt all ur teams look the same"
So what if it has 3 of the same members ;~;
No but seriously, the teams may look similar but they have different playstyles, also some of the sets are different on the Pokemon, causing them to have different roles. A little bit about the teambuilding process. I started off with the defensive core of Slowking | Escavalier | Salamence. I then added Sylveon and Mega-Beedrill as an offensive core, then added Krookodile to round off some of the teams missing parts and complement the offensive core. Onward! (that was really lame lol)

"smh pdt...I got nothing I'm your biggest fan." That is the only correct thing you've said all year ;)

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 12 Spe
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Trick Room

Gotta love this set. Slowking is a really reliable fat water that is common in Scald: The Tier. Regnerator, Leftovers, and Slack Off give it fantastic longevity. The EVs are max-max in HP and Defense to give it considerable physical bulk. Scald and Psyshock are for STAB, and Scald burns are always cool. Now, onto the fun part. Trick Room was chosen as the last moveslot to exploit faster teams for mid-game wallbreaking with Sylveon and Escavalier. Trick Room can be used as a last ditch effort to stop set-up sweepers that boost speed, although the idea is not to let them set up. It's also useful for late-game sweeps by Sylveon, which lacks the speed to sweep more offensive teams. Also, wtf 12 Speed EVs? This IV spread creeps uninvested base 20s like Escav that I won't be setting up Trick Room against and with minimum speed, I don't want to be slower outside of Trick Room.

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 56 Def / 148 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
This is an awesome set I created by basically meshing two of the Smogon sets. I wanted a Specially Defensive Tank that could switch in to Sylveon and force it out. The spread was designed to take on most special attackers while hitting a few key benchmarks(i don't even remember lol). The 56 Attack EVs and an Adamant Nature lets Escavalier have a really nice offensive presence. Swords Dance makes Escavalier a potent Trick Room attacker. The rest of the EVs were dumped into Defense to allow Escavalier to switch in to the like of Mega Beedrill. Knock Off provides great utility and a way to neutrally hit Steel Types. I really like this Escav set because it functions as both a tank and a (fast sometimes) attacker that can clean late game.

Salamence @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog
Salamence completes the defensive core by filling in any weaknesses that the other two have. Also provides Defog support and a secondary Fire and Fighting check. Salamence takes on things like Conkeldurr and Mienshao that have the ability to hit Slowking super effectively through Knock Off. 96 Speed creeps Max Speed Modest Nidoqueen so I can kill it / Defog before it hits me with an Ice Beam. I don't really like speedy FatMence because it forfeits a lot of bulk imo. The rest of the set is pretty standard, Draco Meteor still has decent power even though its uninvested. Not really much else to say.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Baton Pass
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Sylveon is one of the newer additions to the tier, but I feel the meta has settled a bit since then. Sylveon has almost no switch ins, which makes it a huge threat and an amazing wallbreaker. Virtually all of the switch ins to this monster are hard walled by the defensive core. Salamence and Slowking handle Fire and Steel types, while Escavalier can deal with Poisons. Sylveon functions well in and out of Trick Room, so the spread gives it ample bulk while creeping Florges. HP Fire and Psyshock are good coverage, while Baton Pass can grab momentum. I've really enjoyed using as a special wallbreaker so far. Try to use this to punch holes in the opposing team and sweep with Trick Room.

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
Mega Beedrill was chosen to give the team some speed, and was an optimal choice for a fast Pokemon under Trick Room because of Protect. Protect provides amazing utility for the team because it can stall out a unneeded Trick Room. U-turn and Poison Jab are obligatory STABs. I've taken a liking to Pursuit Mega Beedrill because of its tendency to trap and KO key threats for the team. It provides a reliable way to get rid of Alakazam, which is a major threat to any team. U-turn provides good momentum for easily bringing in other team members that don't want to switch into an attack. Beedrill provides an alternative late-game sweeper if Trick Room is not necessarily an option. EV spread is standard with max/max Speed and Attack.

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
I really wanted to try out a cool set in stallbreaker Krookodile. I feel like nobody really utilizes its access to Taunt, and because I already had a Pursuit trapper, I decided to go with this. Taunt Krookodile helps stop hazards from opposing Stealth Rocks setters, and it can also shut down CurseLax and other bulky set up sweepers. Knock Off and EQ provide strong STAB moves, while Stealth Rock is mandatory for almost every team. Dread Plate gives Knock Off a boost while minimizing side effects from other potential items like Life Orb. Double Intimidate with Salamence and Krookodile can really help shut down some threatening physical attackers. EV spread is pretty standard as well, max Speed and Attack to maximize power and quickness. Although Krookodile is max speed, against faster teams, it can still function under Trick Room as 92 Base Speed is not an amazing speed tier.

CroCune - Pretty threatening if it is able to set up, so try and apply enough pressure with Mega Beedrill and Sylveon to prevent it from doing so.

Fat Steels that aren't passive - the team has a bit of trouble breaking through steels, but passive Pokemon like Forretress are easily shut down. One of the major threats is Mega-Steelix, because it is usually played on stall and hard to break through.

Sylveon - if Escav gets worn down enough to be KO'd, and the opponent still has a Mega-Beedrill check, you're pretty much done :(

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-374011330 vs. Bouki

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-374448428 vs. Poodler

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-373988968 vs. whitevansdan

Overall I've had a lot of fun with this team and even peaked at my highest ever at 1594! I hope you guys will enjoy the team as I transition into a new world(both irl and Pokemon). Feel free to give me all the answers to my HW and tests thanks. Thanks for reading! -PDT ;)

Importable : http://pastebin.com/0J7K7R1N

Last edited:
Ok, did you need some suggestions? FatMence hates drop it's SpAttack Stat, so I recommend you to use Dragon Breath over Draco Meteor, since it doesn't drop your SpAttack and has a big chance to Paralyze your Opponent. My other suggestion is change Krook's EV Spread from 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252+ Spe to 252 Atk / 16 Def / 240+ Spe, it looks like nothing, but with this spread you can still outspeed 90' Base Speed Pokémon, like Roserade, and you have a high chance to survive a Jolly Mamo's Icicle Crash

-1 252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 16 Def Krookodile: 283-338 (85.4 - 102.1%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

I did this simple post because I'm on phone, gl with the team :)

hey bro cool team u have
im not a usual team rater but i have some a suggestion for u that might help

ik you probably designed this team to make good use of Trick Room, but I think it would be more useful to run Thunder Wave > Trick Room on Slowking. Trick Room doesn't give you enough turns for Escavalier or Sylveon to abuse, but Thunder Wave gives you a better speed control while supporting all your teammates, including Krookodile and Beedrill.

Life Orb > Dread Plate on Krook is also helpful, as I find a strong Earthquake as useful as a strong Knock Off.

Gl!

Just wanted to say I saw the replays with Specs Analytic Magneton, I was feeling the hype. That set punishes switches so much and has some real surprise value. That thing does damage and takes advantage of it's decent typing and boosts so well once grounds are eliminated. I understand why Sylveon is a trade-up (less pressure from Fighting types and Mega Houndoom), but I also can't deny my Magneboner.

Hey! Give that Escavalier is your main (and really, only) Sylveon switch in, I suggest changing him to an Assault Vest set. That would mean replacing Swords Dance with Drill Run for coverage. You would lose Swords Dance, but Swords Dance tends to waste away precious limited Trick Room turns, and with no priority, Escavalier can't really take advantage of the boosts outside of Trick Room. You would also lose lefty recovery, but you will be able to take Hyper Voices so much better, and perhaps even invest a bit in Defense.

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Yo Punxsutawney Phil thanks for the suggestions.

Losing out on swords dance is actually a huge loss because it doesn't allow me to apply pressure to fat walls such as Suicune.

Also losing out on all forms of recovery doesn't let Escav repeatedly switch into attacks, and it easily gets worn down.

I think I'm going to stick with Lefties, but thanks for the suggestion man :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)