Mamoswine (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
I like to use him as a wallbreaker. He can come in on an electric attack or ice or something, and hit back really hard. Obligatory choice band for maximum power. Edgequake is amazing, and Ice Shard is a good STAB priority. Icicle Crash is amazing for dragons who try to set up on you or something. When people use Spikes Greninja, I like to switch into Mamoswine and Ice Shard if they stay in.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Hone Claws

I feel like Mega Aerodactyl is really underused, he's pretty cool and insanely fast. I like to bust him out lategame to clean up the opposing team. Aerial Ace is boosted by Tough Claws and hits Grass types insanely hard. Crunch is basically unresisted this gen, and decimates Gengar (who Aerodactyl outspeeds unless Gengar is choiced.) Stone Edge isn't boosted by Tough Claws (unfortunately) but after a Hone Claws boost it will basically never miss. It hits everyone hard, unless they are Steel type. I considered EQ to deal specifically with Heatran, but it isn't boosted by Tough Claws and most Heatran's carry Air Balloon anyways.

Carbink @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast

Carbink has outrageous defenses, and he can come in on alot of attacks and tank them. Setting up Reflect and Light Screen allows Aerodactyl to come in and set up, because Aero isn't super bulky without it. Stealth Rock is an amazing entry hazard, and Moonlight is something to use if you get taunted.

Gourgeist-Super (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Shadow Sneak
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
Super Size Gourgeist is an amazing physical wall. He can come in on almost all physical attackers (unless they have Dark STAB) and just wear them down. Seed Bomb is for Water and Ground types, and since you have a small attack investment you can hit hard. Shadow Sneak is for Aegislash and Gengar, allowing you to potentially catch them by surprise and do some damage. Leech Seed and WoW is core to wearing down a physical attacker. He is especially strong against Mega Scizor and Mega Heracross.

Granbull (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rattled
Adamant Nature
- Heal Bell
- Play Rough
- Close Combat
- Thunder Wave​

Granbull's ability Rattled allows you to come in on a Dark attack and get a speed boost, which you desperately need because your base speed is so low. My team has an especially bad Dark weakness, so Granbull helps a lot. Heal Bell lets me cleric my team a bit and remove status effects. (Gourgeist tends to get poisoned a lot.) Play Rough is strong physical Fairy STAB, and lets you take down Dragons and Fighting types. Close Combat is for Ferrothorn, Tyranitar, and Bisharp. (if you can survive his Sucker Punch) Thunder Wave is good for slowing down enemy sweepers.

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt
Standard Life Orb Gengar. Outspeeds a ton of the meta, and basically OHKOs most people. Shadow Ball is good STAB, and since Steel doesn't resist Ghost anymore it can be used to take down Metagross and Jirachi. Focus Blast is for Tyranitar/Ferrothorn. Sludge Bomb is for Fairies. Thunderbolt is for flying types. His speed investment lets him outspeed Starmie most of the time, and OHKO.

This team is still in beta right now, out of my whole team only Aerodactyl, Gourgeist, and Gengar are trained on cart. My team has a big problem with Dark type attacks, so I thought Granbull would be a good choice to counter that. Let me know what you guys think!​

Last edited by a moderator:

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If I could make some suggestions, Green, I'd say get rid of Carbink and Granbull for Sylveon and Azumarill, respectively. Carbink has literally no offensive presence and lacks recovery, as well as having exploitable weaknesses in Ground-, Water-, and Grass-type moves, and being 4x weak to Steel is never a good thing with Scizor, Bisharp, and Heatran running around. Sylveon can take special attacks better than Carbink, and not only has Dual Screens, but also has recovery in Wish, Heal Bell for status removing, and a beefy base 110 special attack to work with, as well as Pixilate Hyper Voice to put a dent in opponents, but if you go with a Dual Screen set, you have to choose between Heal Bell and Wish. Azumarill is able to hit much harder than Granbull and makes up for low speed with Aqua Jet, but can also use Belly Drum to vaporize most things that lack a lot of defense and/or don't resist it. Mamoswine isn't really a good user of Choice Band imo, so you could make him a Focus Sash lead and replace Stone Edge for Stealth Rock and maybe Icicle Crash for Endeavor, as well as change Thick Fat for Oblivious to protect you from getting Taunted. Also, I'd either change the nature to Adamant or move HP EVs to Speed. As things stand now, at least half of your team is weak to Steel-type moves, so a Steel resisto is a must. Rotom-W is a good Pokemon due to a 4x resistance to Steel, as well as being able to take on Talonflame reliably to boot, and combined with the Chesto/Rest combo, he can certainly tank a few attacks. Rotom-W can replace Gourgeist as a physically defensive teammate. Another candidate is Zapdos, since it not only resists Steel, but also has Roost to reliably regain health, as well as more special attack and slightly more speed, but a big selling point is Defog, which can be a real lifesaver when your team's low on health. For Aerodactyl, this is more of a personal opinion if anything and you can ignore this suggestion, but I'm mixed on Crunch. It's true Steel-types don't resist Dark- and Ghost-type moves anymore, and Crunch does get a Tough Claws boost, but most Steel-types don't particularly fear it. If you had Earthquake, you can nail them where it hurts, as well as Rock- and Electric-types. Tough Claws boosted Crunch reaches 104 power, not much better than Earthquake's 100 power, so you can see how the difference in power is rather minuscule, which means you could make an argument either way, but personally, I'd rather have Earthquake to hit Pokemon that resist your STABs super effectively. With all that said, here are some EV spreads, items, etc... for the following changes I mentioned:

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef OR 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell / Wish
- Light Screen
- Reflect

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SDef / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Discharge / Thunderbolt / Volt Switch
- Defog
- Roost
- Heat Wave

That's all I have to say, so I wish you good luck out there! :D

Mega Aerodactyl is underused for a reason. Other megas are easily better. I'd reccomend you switch out gourgiest for trevenant (Not changing much, except for better stats and more better move pool), aerodactyl for maybe a scizor, possibly a Charizard X, and like Valmanway said carbink for Azumarill, and Granbull..... why did you even pick him? He isn't really legit... unless i'm missing out on some popular trend in PS. I hope I helped man!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)