Announcement a fond farewell

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
UU,

It's your neighbourhood kink here. I wanted to let you fine people know that I'm stepping down effective immediately as your forum/tier workhorse.

Although I've been staffing this forum since 2015, I retired in 2017 for a short while before coming back. I'd like to say I came back because I felt the tier needed an extra pair of hands, but the most motivating part was definitely because I missed being a part of the team. This is a great community, and I've gotten to know some really great characters over the years.

Since I came back in 2017, I made an emphasis on making sure we had an appropriate succession plan in place. The entire team has worked really hard in making sure some of the best contributors UU has seen are now in staffing positions ready to help you. Sage, Amane Misa, A Cake Wearing A Hat, Accelgor... I'm really happy to say that I've never felt more confident that I'm leaving UU in the hands of some of the best contributors this site has ever seen. Thank you for giving me the confidence to know that UU will be a dominant tier in Gen 8. To Eyan and Ark, thank you for helping me take logical steps back in order to help the team. Overall, we have thoughtfully implemented a culture of fun and growth and I am so excited to see how far the current staff will take it.

Hogg, working with you over the last few years has been fantastic, dare I even say a dream come true considering what state this community was in 5 short years ago. Thank you for constantly believing in me, giving me the space and authority to handle tier matters the way I saw fit, and for calling me out so when necessary so that my ego remained in check. You have helped me grow as a person, and I love you as a poke-brother. Pearl, thanks for challenging the way I approached difficult situations, and for motivating me to constantly improve. Hikari, thank you for taking zero bullshit from me and making sure I knew how to check my ego when making any type of moderator decision, it was a lesson that I carried into irl and it has served me well. Sam, thank you for the initial guidance when I was first starting out as a mod and for laying the foundation that (hopefully) I and others were able to improve on. kokoloko, thank you for modding me in the first place and for laying the foundation of tiering that we still use to this day - you are a legend. I want to thank all of you, as current and former staff for helping this tier blossom and thrive.

To the CommUUnity, I want to thank you for letting me be a part of this tier and for giving me a chance to grow as an individual throughout these last 5 years. When I first began as King UU, I wanted to create an impact, a legacy. Whether that was first on the ladder or getting into SPL asap or constantly petitioning to be TL, I eventually realized what matters: You guys... All of you are the Kings of UU - you guys made all of this worth it, and you guys are the ones I'll miss the most.

Stay in touch, since I'll still be around here and there, and don't let these Gen 8 young'ins ever forget all the work I did >:(

<3 love u all

Last edited:
Wow.. first Pearl... now Kink..
I'd like to thank you because you have been a tremendously kind person with me and overall a great mod. You helped me a lot to become better, to deal with my impulsivity and overall to be a better smogon's member. From the bottom of my heart : thank you man and take care !

explodingdaisies

What's the point of talking if nobody ever listens
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Kink. Truly I appreciate everything you've done for not only UU in general, but for me personally. You helped me get into UU and helped me grow as a player and for that I'll always be thankful. You will be missed homie

Man, I'll for sure help to make the younglings remember your legacy!

Kink, I wish you all the best luck for whatever you choose to spend the extra time on. It was (and will be) allways fun to challenge you on the ladder!

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
i remember your being moderator from as far back as 2015-16, you've been around a while so it's sad to see you go, thanks for all you've done for this fantastic tier i appreciate it for real, running into you on ladder, watching you do random bo5s with lads in prep for slam, and for all the tour games, its been fun.

have a good one homie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)