A Light Touch of Rain

A Light Touch of Rain

Hello fellow Smogonites and welcome

This is by far my best and favorite team I have ever made and the only team I am truly proud of making, I actually started this team way back in BW days but did make a few changes from then of course, but only recently did I actually try to climb the ladder where I peaked #1. This has been my signature team ever sense I made it and all my friends on PS know and fear this team; alot of them try to make counter teams just to beat this team and battle with me, it's alot of fun.

So lets start of with a good ol team building process.

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS
Warning: It's quite long.

Well back when Politoed came out and I learnt about drizzle now being in OU I of course jumped on the band wagon and made my self a team. I of course started of with a Politoed like any Rain Team.

I then Wanted to make a Defensive core so I added the amazing ferrothorn and his partner in crime Jellicent.

From there I needed a Powerful Attacker/Wall Smasher and what better on a rain team than tornadus.

Now I was thinking I need a sweeper and sense I already had Tornadus lets make him physical. I finally decided on dragonite with his amazing new Multiscale

Now to round of this Team I needed a good glue pokemon with priority maybe. First thing to come to mind was of course Scizor.

Now Seeing my team I relised I missed a VERY important thing... a spinner. so a dumped jellicent for Tentacruel.

Now time went by and this team was basically my signature until BW2 came out and of course Tornadus-T appeared, so I kicked Tornadus out a graped the far superior Tornadus-T.

After some more time I relised that Dragonite was just feeling a little redundent in most games so I searched for a new Physical sweeper and came across Toxicroak who just screamed rain sweeper to me.

Now for the last time I felt tentacruel was making the team feel to stally and wanted a more offensive spinner but with hopefully the same resistences and thank you arceus theres Starmie to the Rescue.

And thats that my finished team the one that got me to the top of the ladder.

Now that you have or have not read through all that lets get on to the more detailed version of this RMT

IN DETAIL

Poliswag @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 12 Hp / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Perish Song

Politoed is of course here to bring that endless rain but I really didn't want him to be a wasted spot on my team so I tried multiple sets until I came across scarf. Scarfed Politoed is actually a great and surprisingly powerful revenge killer that greatly helps out my team. Hydro Pump in the rain is nothing to scoff at even when coming from a politoed this can do some severve damn and finish of or even clean 1HKO pokemon that don't resist it. Ice Beam is for all them dragons running around OU and it cleanly 1-2HKO's all of them from full Hp apart bulky Latias. Hidden Power [Grass] rounds of the coverage and lets Politoed kill of the likes of Gastrodon. I changed his last move to Perish Song curtsy of Clail, it bluffs a bulkytoed just like Scald did but it also lets me force switchs on set up sweepers and things my Politoed normally couldn't do anything to. The EV spread is fairly standard except I took 8 Spe EVs and added to his bulk, this still lets me outspeed adamant dragonite after a boost while giving a little extra bulk that is always nice.

HURRICANE!!! @ Choice Specs
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-Turn
- Sleep Talk

Tornadus-T the terror of the rain, smashes through anything that doesn't resist his Flying STAB and even a few that do. Hurricane is obvious choice as it destroys the likes of Ferrothorn, Scizor and Even Skarmory. Focus Blast rounds of the coverage punishing those Rock/Steel types that resist his STAB. U-Turn is for keeping up the momentum of the team and pairs well with Scizors own U-turn to create constant momentum for my side. Sleep Talk is to handle breloom as nothing else on my team wants to take his Spore and it sure is funny when the breloom thinks it's safe then I pull out a Hurricane while asleep. The EVs on this set are comepletly standard the only thing different about this Tornadus-T is that I chose timid over Hasty/Naive for the soul reason that I would rather my Tornadus-T take hits better than do slightly more damage with an attack that is just for momentum perposes.

Cool Whip @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Nature: Careful
- Stealth Rocks
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

My Ferrothorn is probably the most important pokemon on my team because he is my only real switch pivet and wall. Stealth Rocks is very important on this team for breaking sashes and Dnites scale which could spell doom for my team. Leech Seed is for recovery because without leech seed Ferrothorn jsut can't hang around as long and it comes with the added bonus of damaging the opponent. Thunder Wave is incredibly helpful for cripling sweepers that could hurt my team and lets Toxciroak set up substitute on pokemon he counldn't because of Parahax. Power Whip rounds of the set with great power and lets me smash through water types that that are hard for the rest of my team. The EVs spread is this way because ferrothorn is always taking special hits more than any other and is my only resistence against electric attacks, it also lets him stay in on Tornadus-T if he has to and punish him with a Thunder Wave.

Rick Roll @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder

The greatest offensive spinner in the whole metagame, Starmie is incredibly helpful for this team and I am so glad I changed it for Tentacruel. Rapid Spin is of course the most important move on Starmie and gets rid of those pesky hazards that plague my team. Recover is on this set because Starmies survivability is very important for this teams success and lets starmie stay in on silly walls that only have status and get back to full or near full Hp before switching. Hydro Pump in the rain coming of Life Orb starmie is actually my most powerful attack 1HKO Garchomp, Scizor and many others with it's imense power. Thunder Rounds of this set letting Starmie punish Bulky water types that think they can stay in on starmie, well thank again because life orb Thunder is going to hurt ALOT. The EVs on Starmie are comepletly standard with nothing out of the ordinary on this starmie apart from his movepool.

Toxic Frog @ Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 244 Hp / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Toxicroak is my Sweeper on this team and oh does he pull his weight and more. Substitute is the most important move on this Toxicroak shielding him from status and damage while pretty much losing no Hp because of his 18.75% recovery from Dry Skin and Black Sludge. Bulk Up is the set up move of choice because it not only raises Toxicroaks attack to dangerous levels it also increases his defense to rival the likes of Defensive behemoths like Skarmory and Hippowdon. Drain Punch is a no brainer on this set with it's boost from DPP days it's a very powerful move even without boosts and heals Toxicroak so much that it makes him effectively immortal. Sucker Punch rounds of this set with the much needed priority and coverage, Sucker punch lets Toxicroak outspeed and kill every psychic and ghost type that comes in trying to kill him. The EV spread is fairly standard expect I took the useless Def EVs and added them to Spe letting him outspeed non investended Rotom-W and use Substitute before he can burn me with Will-O-Wisp everything else is comepletly normal.

S.I.D @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 Hp / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Scizor is the glue that holds this team together and oh boy is he some kind of Gorilla glue at that. Bullet Punch is Scizors best move on this set letting him destroy weakened Pokemon that are faster than him as well as 1HKO the pesky Terrakion and Mamoswine as well as Kyurem-B with a bit of prior damage. U-Turn is a very helpful more that lets Scizor keep momentum while damaging the opponent as well, U-Turn is also my answer to bulky physic types like Latias and Deoxys-D who take enormous Damage from it and then can be taken out by any one of my team mates bar. Superpower lets scizor punish the likes of Heatran that love to switch in on Scizor cleanly 1HKO Heatran with no prior damage needed. Pursuit is the least used move on this set but defiently comes in handing against pokemon on low health that fear scizor's bullet punch like Tornadus-T and Latios. The EVs are fairly straight forward with the only exception being the 8 Spe EVs that let me outspeed 44 Spe Jellicent and U-turn out or even finish it of with a pursuit if it's been weakened before it can burn me.

Well thats my Team please post your Rates down below and help me make this team as good as it can be.

Threat List
Minimul Threat
Average Threat
Great Threat

Standard OU Offensive Threats
Abomasnow:
  • Mixed Attacker -
  • Choice Scarf -
Alakazam:
  • Focus Sash -
  • Offensive Calm Mind -
Azelf:
  • Lead -
  • Dual Screens -
  • Nasty Plot -
  • Choice Band -
Azumarill:
  • Choice Band -
Breloom:
  • Physical Attacker -
  • Choice Band / Choice Scarf -
  • Bulk Up -
  • Sub Punch -
Celebi:
  • Tinkerbell -
  • Nasty Plot Sweeper -
  • Choice Specs / Choice Scarf -
Cloyster:
  • Shell Smash -
Conkeldurr:
  • Bulk Up -
  • Flame Orb + 3 Attacks -
Darmanitan:
  • Choice Scarf / Band -
  • Life Orb -
Deoxys-D:
  • Fast Spiker -
Dragonite:
  • Dragon Dance -
  • Choice Band -
  • Mixed -
  • Parashuffler -
  • Rain Abuse -
Dugtrio:
  • Focus Sash -
  • Choice Band -
Empoleon:
  • Agility -
  • Choice Specs -
Espeon:
  • Baton Pass -
  • Dual Screens -
Garchomp:
  • Swords Dance -
  • Choice Band
  • Choice Scarf -
Gengar:
  • Substitute + Disable / Pain Split -
Gorebyss:
  • SmashPass -
  • Shell Smash Sweeper -
Gothitelle:
  • Choice Scarf / Specs -
Gyarados:
  • Offensive / Bulky Dragon Dance -
  • Choice Band
  • Choice Scarf -
Haxorus:
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band -
  • Dragon Dance -
  • Swords Dance -
Heatran:
  • Choice Scarf / Specs -
  • Air Balloon -
Hydreigon:
  • Mixed Attacker -
  • Choice Specs / Scarf -
  • Substitute -
  • Expert Belt -
Infernape:
  • Choice Band / Choice Scarf -
  • Mixed Attacker -
  • Nasty Plot / Swords Dance booster -
Jirachi:
  • Substitute + Calm Mind / Substitute + 3 Attacks -
  • Wish + Calm Mind -
  • Expert Belt -
  • Choice Scarf -
Keldeo:
  • Choice Scarf / Specs -
  • Calm Mind -
Kingdra:
  • Choice Specs -
  • Rain Dance -
  • Dragon Dance -
Kyurem:
  • Choice -
  • Substitute + 3 Attacks -
  • Substitute + Roost -
Kyurem-B:
  • Substitute
  • Substitute + Dragon Tail
  • Choice Band
  • Mixed
  • Choice Scarf
Landorus:

• Rock Polish / Swords Dance -
  • Special Attacker-
  • Choice Scarf -
  • Substitute + 3 Attacks -
Landorus-T:
  • Stealth Rock -
  • Swords Dance / Rock Polish -
  • Substitute + 3 Attacks
  • Gravity -
  • Choice Scarf -
Latias:

• Life Orb -
  • Choice Specs / Scarf -
  • Calm Mind -
Latios:
  • Life Orb / Expert Belt -
  • Choice Scarf / Specs -
  • Calm Mind -
Lucario:

• Swords Dance -
Magnezone:

• Substitute -
  • Choice Scarf / Specs -
Mamoswine:

• Physical Attacker -
  • Focus Sash + Endeavor -
Meloetta:
  • Relic Song Mixed Attacker -
  • Calm Mind + 3 Attacks / Substitute -
Metagross:

• Stealth Rock -
  • Choice Scarf / Band -
  • Agility -
Mew:
  • Stealth Rock
  • Baton Pass
  • Nasty Plot
Mienshao:

• All-Out Attacker -
  • Choice Scarf / Band -
Ninetales:
  • Special Attacker -
Politoed:
  • Choice Specs / Scarf -
  • 3 Attacks -
Reuniclus:
  • Offensive Trick Room-
  • Calm Mind -
Rotom-C:
  • Support -
  • Choice Scarf / Specs -
Rotom-W:
  • Support -
  • Choice Scarf / Specs -
Salamence:

• Dragon Dance -
  • Mixed -
  • Choice Scarf / Band -
Scizor:

• Choice Band -
  • Swords Dance -
  • Bulky Swords Dance -
Scrafty:

• Dragon Dance -
  • Bulk Up -
Sharpedo:
  • Speed Boost -
Smeargle:
  • Hazard Lead -
  • Baton Pass -
Starmie:
  • Life Orb -
  • Choice Specs -
Stoutland:

• Choice Band -
  • Non Choice -
Terrakion:
  • Substitute + Swords Dance / Salac Berry -
  • Choice Band / Choice Scarf-
  • Double Dance -
Thundurus-T:

• Nasty Plot -
  • Agility -
  • Choice Scarf -
Tornadus:
  • Tailwind
Tornadus-T:
  • Standard -
  • Choice Specs -
Toxicroak:
  • Swords Dance -
  • Bulk Up -
  • SubPunch -
Tyranitar:
  • Choice Band -
  • Choice Scarf -
  • MixTar -
Venusaur:
  • Growth -
Victini:

• Choice Band / Scarf -
  • Special Attacker -
Virizion:

• Calm Mind -
  • Swords Dance -
Volcarona:
  • Offensive Quiver Dance -
  • Bulky Quiver Dance / Roost -
  • Chesto Rest -
  • Substitute -

Standard OU Defensive Threats

Amoonguss:
  • Standard -
Blissey:
  • Support -
Bronzong:
  • Tank -
Celebi:

• Physically Defensive -
  • Specially Defensive -
Chansey:
  • Support -
Cloyster:
  • Utility -
Cresselia:
  • Support -
  • Calm Mind -
Empoleon:

• Specially Defensive -
Espeon:
  • Calm Mind -
Ferrothorn:
  • Standard -
Forretress:
  • Physically Defensive -
  • Specially Defensive -
Gastrodon:
  • Tank -
Gliscor:
  • Substitute + Protect -
  • Britscor Stallbreaker -
  • Swords Dance
Gyarados:
  • Bulky Support -
  • Resttalk -
Heatran:

• Specially Defensive -
Hippowdon:
  • Physical Tank -
  • Specially Defensive -
Jellicent:
  • Utility Counter -
Jirachi:
  • Specially Defensive -
Latias:
  • Support -
  • Reflect / Refresh + Calm Mind
Mew:
  • Stallbreaker -
Ninetales:
  • Specially Defensive -
Politoed:

• Defensive -
Porygon2:
  • Defensive -
Quagsire:
  • Physically Defensive -
-Rotom-H:
  • Support -
  • Choice Scarf -
Rotom-W:
  • Support -
Sableye:

• Prankster -
Skarmory:

• Physically Defensive -
  • Specially Defensive -
Slowbro:
  • Tank -
Starmie:
  • Rapid Spin -
Tangrowth:
  • Defensive -
Tentacruel:
  • Substitute + Toxic -
  • Protect -
Tyranitar:
  • Specially Defensive -
Vaporeon:
  • Rest Hydration -
  • Wish Support -
Venusaur:
  • SubSeed -
Wobbuffet:
  • Max Speed -
  • Bulky -
Xatu:
  • Standard -

Importable
Poliswag (Politoed) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 244 Spd / 12 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Scald

HURRICANE!!! (Tornadus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 6 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

Cool Whip (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

Rick Roll (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder

Toxic Frog (Toxicroak) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

S.I.D (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

great team. well built.
i would add the 8 hp on politoed back to his speed.
this lets you speed tie with other base 70's, but it also lets you outspeed +1 adamant gyrados. you can't do much to it anyway though. (maybe hp electric)
also perish song can always be looked into on politoed. easy way to take out a last pokemon and mess up baton pass. (and stop gyrados if necessary)

as I'm sure you know this team is very dependent on rain so winning the weather war is key

great team though!

could honestly be slightly troublesome to your team. taunt d dance sets up on ferro and can put a hurting on most of your pokemon.

Hello there,

A nice rain offense team you have there. Hopefully with this rate, it can become even better! First off, to take care of your weaknesses to Tornadus-T, Thundurus-T, and Volcarona, I recommend a Choice Scarf Terrakion over your Toxicroak. With that set, you gain a strong revenge killer to add to your already offensive team and Scarf Terrakion is good at cleaning up late-game. As for my next change, a mere nitpick. I recommend Perish Song on your Choice Scarf Politoed, preferably over Scald. This change allows you to have a better chance against Baton Pass teams and simply it helps remove stat boosts, which is always helpful. Lastly, I recommend using Life Orb Latias > Starmie. Latias is better at taking on Thundurus-T, especially if it has an Agility set up, which is quite troublesome for you.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Surf

Other than that, I have nothing else. Great team. Good luck.

great team. well built.
i would add the 8 hp on politoed back to his speed.
this lets you speed tie with other base 70's, but it also lets you outspeed +1 adamant gyrados. you can't do much to it anyway though. (maybe hp electric)
also perish song can always be looked into on politoed. easy way to take out a last pokemon and mess up baton pass. (and stop gyrados if necessary)

as I'm sure you know this team is very dependent on rain so winning the weather war is key

great team though!

could honestly be slightly troublesome to your team. taunt d dance sets up on ferro and can put a hurting on most of your pokemon.
Thank you for the rate, Perish Song is actually a very good Idea thanks, it stil bluffs Bulkytoed and lets me force out set up sweepers. I will defiently give it a try. On the 8 EVs there aren't any 70 base Pokemon apart from Politoed that Run scarf and I generally wouldn't be staying in against Gyarados because Ferrothorn handles him, so the 8 Hp EVs seem to be more beneficial than the Spe EVs

Hello there,

A nice rain offense team you have there. Hopefully with this rate, it can become even better! First off, to take care of your weaknesses to Tornadus-T, Thundurus-T, and Volcarona, I recommend a Choice Scarf Terrakion over your Toxicroak. With that set, you gain a strong revenge killer to add to your already offensive team and Scarf Terrakion is good at cleaning up late-game. As for my next change, a mere nitpick. I recommend Perish Song on your Choice Scarf Politoed, preferably over Scald. This change allows you to have a better chance against Baton Pass teams and simply it helps remove stat boosts, which is always helpful. Lastly, I recommend using Life Orb Latias > Starmie. Latias is better at taking on Thundurus-T, especially if it has an Agility set up, which is quite troublesome for you.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Surf

Other than that, I have nothing else. Great team. Good luck.
Thank you for the rate. Scarf Terrakion seems like a good idea until you see I already have 3 other choiced Pokemon which could be very problematic when Terrakion doesn't even have U-Turn, also Politoed pretty much does the same thing as Scarf Terrakion and can Revenge kill with Hydro Pump or even Ice beam if there low on health and I don't want to miss, I will try him out though but I don't feel like he would fit. Latios would seem nice if it had rapid spin but sense it doesn't it's gonna have a hard time replacing Starmie my spinner who is pretty much invaluable because I do switch alot.

And like I said to Clail I will try perish song because I think it will work very well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)