Other Features A Look at the Generations: Generation I

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Basically, the premise of this is that this looks at each generation, and what each new gen has brought to the franchise. In this case, it would be the basics: the standard formula of each core series game (battle eight Gym Leaders, E4, Champion), Pokedex, battle party, and trade, and many of the basic ideas that live on in every game since. Of course, this will also talk briefly about many of the Pokemon from this generation, about which ones are quite well-liked and popular among the fanbase (aka Charizard, Mewtwo, etc.) and which ones are somewhat disappointing in terms of pure design (Muk, Weezing, magnemite). This would also talk briefly about the patterns of Pokemon that the first gen brought forth that subsequent games continued (Grass/Fire/Water starters, an early-game bird, early-game rodent, two fossils, pseudo-legendary). Finally, I'd also delve into what some of the moves that this gen introduced that we know and love today (EQ, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Fire Blast, Psychic, and more!)

Assuming this makes it though, this would also be a series article, and I would probably write subsequent articles about subsequent generations (GSC, RSE, DPP, BW, XY) and what each subsequent generation brought to the table that is notable both aesthetically and battle-wise, as well as in-game play.

My answer is no, unless you narrow down the scope significantly. Trying to cover every aspect of each generation is too much writing and too much to digest. Break it down by picking something specific to write about.
  • which ones are quite well-liked and popular among the fanbase (aka Charizard, Mewtwo, etc.) and which ones are somewhat disappointing in terms of pure design (Muk, Weezing, magnemite)
  • the moves that this gen introduced that we know and love today (EQ, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Fire Blast, Psychic, and more!)
For example, I think these two ideas above would each work fine as articles of their own. The Pokemon Gyms have already been analyzed in the Do You Even Lift series, and I'm not sure if you'd want to write something discussing just the Pokemon League of each region.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)