SV Ubers A New Dawn: An Anti-Meta Trick Room

Introduction
This is my first RMT in the Ubers tier, which is not that new to me, although I usually do either National Dex or Anything Goes. However, after playing a couple(by a couple, I mean 30) matches, I kept noticing that I lost to things such as:
E-Killer
:arceus:
E-Killer Arceus is just amazing, and after my Normal resists have been removed, it just ends the game. If only I had a bulky mon that was immune to E-Speed...
Koraidon and Miraidon
:koraidon: :miraidon:
These two need no introduction. They have been defining forces in all their tiers. Whether its Koraidon with its Band, Scarf or Loaded Dice sets, or Miraidon with its Double Dance, Specs, Scarf, and Life Orb builds, these two are forces that have always managed to get a speed boost, making my usual checks to them invalid. If only I had a reliable Trick Room mon...
Trick Room
:necrozma-dusk-mane: :calyrex-ice:
This core is just so hard to beat, especially in Trick Room. If you just try and spam Sucker Punch with a Kingambit or Chien-Pao, they'll just read it with either spamming Dragon Dance/Swords Dance respectively, or they'll just tera. If only I had a good Ghost type with a Strong Stab that wasn't physically frail or Steel-weak...
Sticky Web
:ribombee: :smeargle:
Most of my teams are Hyper Offense, and they just loathe Sticky Web. I can't go into a match without bringing something like an Iron Treads, or a Glimmora, and the only thing I have them to do is spin, and they never really bring value to my team. If only I had a mon that didn't care about Webs...
Stall
:gliscor: :skeledirge: :ting-lu: :blissey: :toxapex: :clodsire: :ho-oh: :glimmora:
I just hate stall, and I always lose due to not dealing enough immediate damage, since my best choice was always E-Killer Arceus(which, thanks to my luck, has a 100% chance to get burned by a Sacred Fire). If only I had a mon that could stay long and deal powerful damage...

And after looking at every resource I could find, I was unable to find a way to beat all these strategies consistently. So I took a break from Singles and watched some VGC videos, and I then watched the 2019 Masters Division World Championships. In the first game, the leads were Lunala and Salamence, and Groudon-Primal and Dusk Mane Necrozma. This gave me the solution to my problems.
:sm/necrozma-dawn-wings:
This had everything I wanted. A ghost type to dodge extreme speed, a pokemon with just enough Defense to shrug off an Koriadon Outrage, and definitely enough bulk to laugh at Miraidon's Electro Drift. It thrives in Trick Room, and its STAB Moongeist Beam to hit Calyrex-Ice and Dusk Mane's lower Special Defense stat. It doesn't care about Webs, and it loves them in fact. And, on top of that, it can take on every staple on Stall in Ubers(minus Ting-Lu of course, but we probably would swap in front of it). So, I used my knowledge of VGC to create an optimal Trick Room team.
(Also, if you give Basculegion Swift Swim in exchange for Agility, and change the item to Clear Amulet, along with putting a different mon in the Arceus slot, you have yourself a Doubles Ubers team)
Teambuilding Process

:necrozma-dawn-wings: :hatterene:
Obviously, we have to start with Necrozma. Its strengths lie in its ability to sweep in Trick Room, so I decided to add a pokemon that could reliably set Trick Room, before getting knocked out and giving a switch opportunity. So I paired it with Hatterene, a Fairy type that could sponge almost any special attack, and could take a hit with Focus Sash, if need be.
:necrozma-dawn-wings: :hatterene: :calyrex-ice:
If you can't beat em, join em. Calyrex is a powerful Trick Room physical attacker, which I appreciated.
:necrozma-dawn-wings: :hatterene: :calyrex-ice: :arceus: :basculegion:
Arceus and Basculegion provide a back-up plan when Trick Room is up, and both are powerful in their own right.
:necrozma-dawn-wings: :hatterene: :calyrex-ice: :arceus: :basculegion: :kyogre:
Kyogre gives us another special attacker, that can work both in and out of Trick Room.

Team Breakdown
:ss/necrozma-dawn-wings:
Necrozma-Dawn-Wings @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Trick Room
- Photon Geyser
- Moongeist Beam

That's right, the pokemon that's D Rank in the Viability, that's always been overshadowed by Dusk Mane and Lunala, is starting us off. It has the fourth highest Special Attack stat in the game, only behind Calyrex Shadow(3rd), Kyurem-White and Hoopa-Unbound(2nd), and Deoxys Attack(1st). It is very bulky, especially on the special side. To set up, we have Trick Room, to set up Trick Room when available, and Calm Mind, in order to take full advantage of Trick Room's limited amount of turns. Photon Geyser + Moongeist Beam form a powerful STAB combination that, after a boost, can 2HKO right through resistances. Tera Fairy is to avoid Dark types, when they show up, and the EV spread is meant to give it maximum damage output under Trick Room. 0 Speed IVs allows it to take full advantage of Trick Room, as most commonly used pokemon in the Ubers tier lack the ability to outspeed(or underspeed, rather) Dawn Wings in Trick Room. Weakness Policy allows it to further boost its stats, mainly when it's terastallized, since it only has 4x weaknesses and won't be surviving any Wicked Blows or Flutter Mane Shadow Balls.

:ss/hatterene:

Hatterene (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Trick Room
- Mystical Fire
- Dazzling Gleam

Next up, we have Hatterene. I have learned through my VGC experience that Hatterne is amazing at setting up Trick Room. It is immune to Taunt(thanks to Magic Bounce) and, with enough defensive investment, is nigh impossible to KO in one shot. Just in case, I gave it Focus Sash to be able to always take one hit, and then proceed to set up Trick Room. Psyshock and Dazzling Gleam give it STAB coverage, along with Mystical Fire, which makes switching in with either Calyrex or Necrozma easier. It also allows it to make dents in the opposing team, and soften up the opposition for the switching-in teammate. That is what the EV spread is for.

:ss/calyrex-ice:

Calyrex-Ice @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: As One (Glastrier)
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Glacial Lance
- Swords Dance
- High Horsepower

What would Trick Room be without this tiny man on an ice horse? Calyrex-Ice has been one of the main pillars of Trick Room since Gen 8, and has proved this through Gen 9. Calyrex serves as the team's main source of physical damage, at least in Trick Room. It used to hold Weakness Policy, but I decided to instead give it Heavy-Duty Boots, which serve as a way to ignore entry hazards. Besides, it doesn't really need it, as it struggles with certain moves like Offensive Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire, or Zacian's Behemoth Blade. Trick Room allows it to give itself an advantage after reading something like a switch or a set-up move. For example, a Zacian will most likely Swords Dance in front of Calyrex, since it would most likely swap out. This can be used as a Trick Room opportunity, and then can follow up with an aggressive Swords Dance after a Tera Water to dodge a potential Behemoth Blade, or go for a High Horsepower, its main source of coverage. Obviously, Glacial Lance is used for a strong and spammable STAB option.

:sm/arceus:

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Multitype
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Taunt

There is not a single human being on this planet that can convince me not to put an Arceus form on an Ubers team. This thing has bulk, speed, and power. This specific build is meant for maximum damage output, and is the normal(and probably the most offensive) Arceus form, base Arceus. It serves as a way to counter other Trick Room teams that have been softened up, as it can just go first with Extreme Speed. Swords Dance is standard on E-Killer Arceus, and Shadow Claw serves as a way to hit Ghost types, which are one of the only ways to stop E-Killer. Taunt is used to shut down opposing Arceus and other set-up/stall pokemon. Silk Scarf boosts Extreme Speed even further, and Tera Normal takes it to a whole other level.
:ss/basculegion:

Basculegion (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Adaptability
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wave Crash
- Agility
- Last Respects
- Tera Blast

This next mon is a funny choice on this sort of team, but is still a good pokemon in its own right, along with a powerful force when in the right position. Basculegion Last Respects is a very powerful endgame closer, especially after getting an Agility boost. Adaptability boosts Last Respects to even more absurd levels, and gives Wave Crash a nice boost as well. Tera Fighting + Tera Blast allows Basculegion to dodge Dark types moves, and hit back super-effectively, and then spam Last Respects. Heavy Duty Boots is to dodge Sticky Web, and allows it not to take chip damage from Spikes and Stealth Rock, making it even harder to bring down after an Agility.

:ss/kyogre:

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Finally, we have what I believe to be the single best Water type in all of existence, hands down. Kyogre can function as a fast Choice Scarf Attacker, or in this case, a bulky Trick Room attacker. It doesn't have 0 Speed IVs, as I wanted it to work both in and outside of Trick Room. Water Spout + Origin Pulse are almost mandatory with Kyogre, and Thunder and Ice Beam are its coverage moves of choice, as Thunder helps it beat other Kyogre, and Ice Beam gives it better Dragon coverage. The EV spread and the Leftovers, as said before, is to give it a role of a multi-purpose attacker.

Game Plan
Usually, we will lead either :hatterene:, :arceus:, or :kyogre:, as these are reliable pokemon that can anti-lead threats, or set up5 an endgame. If we lead :hatterene:, we will then purposefully kill it, as to get either :necrozma-dawn-wings: or :calyrex-ice: on the field and get a KO. If we lead :arceus:, we will usually go for a Taunt/Swords Dance, and we would follow up the Taunt with a Swords Dance, and then get a hopeful E-Speed kill. If we lead :kyogre:, we would most likely start clicking Origin Pulse. If it's a Koraidon, then we would just click Ice Beam. From there, we mixed and matched the uses. It's a team with a dynamic strategy, though the main ways to win a game are
A. :arceus:: E-Killer go brrr. End of story.
B. :basculegion:: When there are two pokemon(counting Baculegion) left, this can serve as a clean up mon.
C. :necrozma-dawn-wings: and :calyrex-ice:: During Trick Room, these two can set-up and overpower their checks to lead to a sweep.
But if we fail to set-up Trick Room when Hatterene is led, the game is usually harder. So the aim when using this team is to set-up Trick Room in the first 1-15 turns of the game.

If you want to use this team, use the pokepaste link below:
https://pokepast.es/40c8dfe296957a1e

Forgot to do a threats list, so here it is:
Threats
:calyrex-ice: Funnily enough, the thing I tried to counter has a decent matchup against this team, especially if we don't have Kyogre and Trick Room is up.
:miraidon: No matter how hard I try, Endgame Miraidon is just a menace to this team. Only smart Basculegion plays have been able to barely get around this stupid Tesla bike. Can't wait till it gets banned
:kyogre: This god fish makes it hard to win, especially after I lose my trick room mode, leaving just my Kyogre praying its not specs, and Basculegion praying for the lowest Thunder damage roll possible

Wouldn't Tera Ground :basculegion: help against :miraidon:? I know Tera Fighting is for Dark Types but you have answers to :ting-lu: and :chi-yu: in Wave Crash and :kyogre:.
I forgot about that while building. I was scared that Basculegion, after a Agility, would just get Sucker Punched and lack a way to hit Arceus. The new basculegion set:

:ss/basculegion:
Basculegion @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Adaptability
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wave Crash
- Agility
- Last Respects
- Substitute

Since we no longer need Tera Blast in order to hit Dark types, Substitute can replace it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)