XY OU A New Version of an Old Team

This was an old team but I made some changes to it.

-_-
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ariados @ Focus Sash
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Sucker Punch
- Sticky Web
- Toxic Spikes
On the original team, I had Shuclke with Sticky Web, Stealth Rock, Knock Off, and Infestation. The reason i replaced it was because it couldn't do anything to Substitutes, and STAB Megahorn from Ariados actually broke some substitutes, while actually being really powerful. Sucker Punch is a good priority move of course, and the 2 hazards. Sticky Web and Toxic Spikes. Insomnia is also great because you cant be put to sleep by other leads. Really all it does though is lead, set up hazards, and die but sometimes i lead with other pokemon depending on my opponent's team; if they have a setup sweeper i lead with something to deal with that rather than let them set up on my usual lead.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Discharge
- Hydro Pump
Originally a specially defensive dual screens set on the original team, this time, its just a normal Rotom set but with Discharge instead of Thunderbolt (for extra paralysis chance), and Max HP Max Special Attack, something that is quite uncommon. Other than those things though, its a standard Rotom-Wash.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Drain Punch
The old set had Zen Headbutt instead of sub, and ThunderPunch instead of Drain Punch. The old set also had only 28 Speed EVs with 228 in HP (still max attack). The Speed EVs on this set allow it to Outrun Smeargle and Breloom, so I can Sub on the Spore and go from there. Usually going from there is Iron Head Flinching or paralyzing a switch in. Not to mention, i've used this set very successfully in 1v1.

Delphox @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Switcheroo
- Flamethrower
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
The EXACT same st from the old team; except not completely cause the old one had Psychic. But whatever, its still pretty similar. The best thing ever is facing an opponent with Skarmory and Chansey, and Switcheroo-ing when the Skarmory switches into Chansey expecting to eat up a flamethrower or fire blast. Anyways, Shadoow Ball. it hits a lot of stuff. I can revenge kill faster Ghost types with shadow ball (well they would be faster if i wasnt scarf). If Greninja KO'es something with Ice Beam, i go into this and Flamethrower. Psyshock hits the psychical defense which is why i replaced Psychic.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
A Gengar with Substitute and 3 attacks. Whenever i use Gengar, it's probably gonna be this set, so if you find a user named MARCU5BAW5, and he has a Gengar, it's most likely this set here. I can Sub on predicted switches/status moves and stuff, and begin just attacking with the 3 attacks. Originally had Focus Blast, but due to accuracy problems (i already miss a TON of 90-95 accurate moves), i replaced it with Thunderbolt, which may seem like a bad idea but it worked really well in the end.

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
The Mega of the team. Dragon Claw and Earthquake are STAB moves with Stone Edge and Fire Blast as the coverage moves. It's great with Sticky Web Support

eyyyy marcu5! it's ya boi turd Thirdbird

You may wanna make rotom-w a defensive one because I don't see very many checks to talonflame. Also, you have 3 weaknesses to dark, so bisharp's sucker punch could really wreck. For that reason I would suggest substituting either delphox, gengar, or jirachi for a dark resist, such as sylveon. Sylveon is great because you can check greninja, another big threat to your team, as only delphox outspeeds it (delphox still can't do much to greninja anyways). It also serves as a cleric, relieving poison, burn, paralysis, etc. that could really hinder your team's effectiveness. To close, I like how you're using Ariados from the lower tiers in order to fulfill a valuable niche in your team; mega garchomp definitely benefits from sticky web support. Great job!

Sets:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)