SM OU A pretty bad team

Hey, So I've been using this team for a bit and I feel it is has some potential. I've had fair success with this team but I still feel like this team needs a lot of work,So any feedback is appreciated.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off

Every ou team needs a ash-gren check,For us it is Ferro. Ferro can also check non-fightium Z lele and mega zam. Gyro ball is our stab,leech seed is for recovery and knock off is to remove lefties steela,pex,tran on the switch etc. Stealth Rock is essential for any ou team.

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Taunt

Torn is our main defogger . It can switch into scarf kartana's leaf blade or scarf serp's leaf storm. Knock off to remove scarfs and lefties. Defog is essential because we are gonna have a charizard in our team. Taunt is there so that you don't become set up fodder .Plus regenator is broken.

Rotom-Wash @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Defog

Rotom-W is our secondary defogger as well as a counter to physical attackers. Will -O-Wisp is Mega swampert,ferro,lando,etc.
Hydro pump is our neccesary stab. Volt switch is for pivoting and Defog is essential.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Zard is one of the sweepers in the team. Dragon dance to set up, dragon claw is our ddragon stab. I prefer it over outrage cuz outrage locks us into using it for 2-3 turns. By that time the opponent could switch into a fairy.If you are a player that prefer power over accuracy you could use dragon rush ,but I rather not risk it. Fire punch is taken over flare blitz beacause of the recoil damage. Earthquake is for pex, tran etc. You could actually replace fire punch with flare blitz and earthquake with roost for recovery.

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes

Specs ash-gren is a pretty common set. Hydro pump and dark pulse is essential stab. Water Shurikien is priority and Spikes is there cuz gren forces a lot of Mons out .

Magearna @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shift Gear
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Mag is another sweeper for the team and secondary gren counter if need be. Shift gear and calm mind is to set up. I'm still not sure which moves I should put. I choose focus blast cuz it hits Tran, kart etc. Ice beam hits a wide variety of Mons so that was my second choice. U can also use Fleur cannon + fairium Z or t-bolt.or even flash cannon.

So, as a said any feedback is appreciated.

Howdy! I played around with your team a bit, although with some changes. TL;DR will be in bold. (Just in advance, I'm not too skilled in OU, but I do know what Pokemon does what and what some threats are.)

First off, Ferrothorn. You've got yourself a good lead here, annoying the opposing team with Leech Seed, Stealth Rock, and Knock Off. I don't see anything that could be changed here.

Next up is your utility 'mon, Tornadus-T. Since Ferrothorn already carries Knock Off, I decided to use U-Turn > Knock Off. It adds some extra momentum AND forms a VoltTurn core. Now it's both a pivot and bulky support 'mon!

Rotom-Wash. I decided to make this a special sweeper while keeping a good amount of its bulk. I changed its set around a bit, and here it is:
Rotom-W @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 SpA 4 SpD 252 Spe
Timid nature
-Will-O-Wisp
-Hydro Pump
-Volt Switch
-Thunderbolt

Since you wanted to check physical attackers, I added Will-O-Wisp not only because it deals damage, but because it also halves the power of the defending Pokemon's physical moves. Hydro Pump is for STAB. Volt Switch is your pivot move, which gives you momentum, just like the aforementioned U-Turn. Thunderbolt is in the last slot because this team lacked an Electric-type move that doesn't switch you out.

Mega Charizard X: One of my favorite Pokemon. But that's not really important, isn't it?
What I was going to say is: Yes, you are correct about wanting to change its moves. I've had good experiences with the following moveset:

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws (Blaze pre-mega)
EVs: 4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Dragon Claw
-Flare Blitz
-Earthquake
-Roost

I'd have to agree with you: I don't like being locked into Outrage either. Therefore, I picked Dragon Claw instead. Flare Blitz should be used over Fire Punch because of the additional power, plus you can heal the recoil damage off with Roost. Earthquake is used to deal with opposing Fire-types such as Heatran, as well as some Steel-Types. Just some advice: Mega evolve your 'zard as quickly as possible.

Greninja: Another one of my favorite Pokemon. Again, that's not important for this. Anyways, I'd recommend Ice Beam > Spikes. Why? Ice Beam gives you an Ice-type move, which your team is lacking. It surprises Garchomp, Lando, and Grass-types. Spikes might sound good on paper, but you already have Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn. Besides, who likes getting locked into a setup move when you could be attacking instead?

Well, I decided to use Fleur Cannon > Ice Beam. The aforementioned Ash-Greninja moveset has an Ice-type move already. I also decided to use 252 HP over 252 Spe to add some bulk. It's all personal preference tho; if you'd rather have speed, then go right ahead. c:

Good luck!​

Howdy! I played around with your team a bit, although with some changes. TL;DR will be in bold. (Just in advance, I'm not too skilled in OU, but I do know what Pokemon does what and what some threats are.)

First off, Ferrothorn. You've got yourself a good lead here, annoying the opposing team with Leech Seed, Stealth Rock, and Knock Off. I don't see anything that could be changed here.

Next up is your utility 'mon, Tornadus-T. Since Ferrothorn already carries Knock Off, I decided to use U-Turn > Knock Off. It adds some extra momentum AND forms a VoltTurn core. Now it's both a pivot and bulky support 'mon!

Rotom-Wash. I decided to make this a special sweeper while keeping a good amount of its bulk. I changed its set around a bit, and here it is:
Rotom-W @ Iapapa Berry
Timid nature
-Will-O-Wisp
-Hydro Pump
-Volt Switch
-Thunderbolt

Since you wanted to check physical attackers, I added Will-O-Wisp not only because it deals damage, but because it also halves the power of the defending Pokemon's physical moves. Hydro Pump is for STAB. Volt Switch is your pivot move, which gives you momentum, just like the aforementioned U-Turn. Thunderbolt is in the last slot because this team lacked an Electric-type move that doesn't switch you out.

Mega Charizard X: One of my favorite Pokemon. But that's not really important, isn't it?
What I was going to say is: Yes, you are correct about wanting to change its moves. I've had good experiences with the following moveset:

Adamant Nature
-Dragon Claw
-Flare Blitz
-Earthquake
-Roost

I'd have to agree with you: I don't like being locked into Outrage either. Therefore, I picked Dragon Claw instead. Flare Blitz should be used over Fire Punch because of the additional power, plus you can heal the recoil damage off with Roost. Earthquake is used to deal with opposing Fire-types such as Heatran, as well as some Steel-Types. Just some advice: Mega evolve your 'zard as quickly as possible.

Greninja: Another one of my favorite Pokemon. Again, that's not important for this. Anyways, I'd recommend Ice Beam > Spikes. Why? Ice Beam gives you an Ice-type move, which your team is lacking. It surprises Garchomp, Lando, and Grass-types. Spikes might sound good on paper, but you already have Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn. Besides, who likes getting locked into a setup move when you could be attacking instead?

Well, I decided to use Fleur Cannon > Ice Beam. The aforementioned Ash-Greninja moveset has an Ice-type move already. I also decided to use 252 HP over 252 Spe to add some bulk. It's all personal preference tho; if you'd rather have speed, then go right ahead. c:

Good luck!​
I agree with most of this, the only exception being the RW set change. I think the RW set he's using is completely fine, because there isn't much of a motive to use Thunderbolt. On the other hand, by using double defoggers, you can assure that your team isn't extremely vulnerable to hazards.

However, if Thunderbolt works, then it's fine. I just think I personally would go in with double defoggers with this team.

I agree with most of this, the only exception being the RW set change. I think the RW set he's using is completely fine, because there isn't much of a motive to use Thunderbolt. On the other hand, by using double defoggers, you can assure that your team isn't extremely vulnerable to hazards.

However, if Thunderbolt works, then it's fine. I just think I personally would go in with double defoggers with this team.
Thanks I'll definitely try this out
However, I still feel Zard X should have dragon dance. Since it gives it an opportunity to sweep.

Last edited:

Rotom-W @ Iapapa Berry
Timid nature
-Will-O-Wisp
-Hydro Pump
-Volt Switch
-Thunderbolt

Adamant Nature
-Dragon Claw
-Flare Blitz
-Earthquake
-Roost

Good luck!​
Thanks for the advice I'll definitely try the changes you made

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)