A RMT.

This team hasn't been tested yet and is something that I've only just thought up.

--------
This team at a glance:

--------

---------------------------------------------

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Relaxed, 252 HP, 152 Attack, 8 Defense, 96 Sp. Defense
Levitate

-Gyro Ball
-Stealth Rock
-Hypnosis
-Reflect

Lead. Gyro Ball hurts more faster opponents while the rest of the moves are for support.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid, 172 HP, 216 Speed, 120 Sp. Attack
Natural Cure

-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Rapid Spin
-Recover

Spinner and Sp. Attacker. Outspeeds everything that is 351 and below. Surf and T-Bolt for coverage, Recover to heal off damage.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Jolly, 224 HP, 12 Attack, 196 Defense, 76 Speed
Intimidate

-Dragon Dance
-Roost
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake

Bulky DD Mence. Outspeeds neutral natured Lucario and hits 420 Speed after a DD. Can continually switch into Hera's CC and will OHKO(before a DD) threats such as Lucario, Garchomp, and Weavile while they can't OHKO back unless they are banded(in Weavile's case, Life Orb + Ice Punch), after Intimidate.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold, 252 Defense, 252 HP, 6 Speed
Natural Cure

-Wish
-Protect
-Toxic
-Flamethrower

Wish support and status inflicter. Protect for scouting, leftovers recovery, racking up Toxic damage, and for use in conjunction with Wish, and flamethrower for what Toxic doesn't affect.

Lucario @ Choice Scarf
Naughty, 216 Speed, 40 HP
Inner Focus

-Close Combat
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-HP Ice

Scarf Lucario. Hits 270 Speed before factoring in Choice Scarf, meaning it outspeeds ScarfHera by a point. Can be quite a surprise since most people will think it's the popular SD variant. Close Combat for STAB, Crunch for ghosts, and Stone Edge for those up in the air. Hidden Power Ice is for Gliscor, Salamence, and other things that would be hurt more by it.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive, 252 Speed, 208 Speed, 48 Attack
Blaze

-Nasty Plot
-Close Combat
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot/HP Ice

Mixape. The Speed EVs are to outspeed max speed Jolly Garchomp, though I'm probably forgetting something else that the standard set outspeeds(besides tying with other Infernapes). Grass Knot is for Swampert and such, but I may consider HP Ice to help with Mence/Chomp, and anything else.

Open to comments and constructive criticism.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The team looks standard, and could cope with almost everything that is thrown against it. However, there are a few weaknesess to see to. It seems that you will be forced into revenge killing alot of threats that can easily confront your Forretress / Blissey, and continue to propose a danger each time.

Infernape is one I'd like to question about: how will you react to the common Life Orb set with Hidden Power [Ice]? Seems like you're going to have to resort to Heracross, because your Zapdos has little special defense. OHKOs Blissey, Forretress, Salamence and Infernape, while it will 2HKO Zapdos and be forced to switych against Heracross, but by the time Heracross comes in, you have lost a Pokemon. Hope you get your Toxic Spikes out soon!

I would say it's going to be the exact same principle when Tyranitar pops in to say hello. Who will come in on Forretress / Blissey, and continue to cause problem, after problem, and the worst part about it is you don't even know what Tyranitar you're facing until you lose a Pokemon! Toxic Spikes and revenge killing is your only answer to Tyranitar (as well as the previously mentioned, Infernape), which I believe needs to be attended to.

Garchomp with Swords Dance, Fire Fang, Dragon Claw and Earthquake with respective Rapid Spin support is another example of the above.

Too many Pokemon to cover, with such little defense.

The dismisal of Heracross would only benifit the team, and the spare slot must be purchased by a Pokemon that will warrant the task of answering to the likes of Infernape, Tyranitar and Garchomp (which I don't think's possible). So, that would leave me no option but to take out Heracross, and maybe another Pokemon to effectively cover the metagame's threats that await. Are you prepared for it? Otherwise, I'll offer you alternative, offensive routes you can follow if your not prepared to sacrafice team members.

Taking out team members is something that I can easily do. This is, after all, a first draft of a team.

Well to cover the Tyranitar and Infernape weaknesses that were already mentioned you can try replacing Foretress and Zapdos with Bronzong and Starmie. That still leaves you with a little fighting weak, but I suggest the Bulky physical DD Salamence http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38444 (I actually like this set quite a bit). It still does a decent job with sweeping and suprise.

Wish on Blissey would be really good to help out the rest of the team.

I'm not a huge fan of ScarfCross really since it gets walled too easy. You can replace it if you want, but something like Scarf Lucario could go in there also. That slot is pretty open though so you can keep Heracross if it works out for you.

I think you need another physical wall because forretress has no recovery move besides rest. Once his hp goes down, boom and no more physical wall. Many team have late game swords dance garchomps or lucarios. I would suggest another or a better physical wall.

If Zapdos is replaced, which pokemon would have better leading potential? I like U-Turn on a lead pokemon, especially in Zapdos' case where they may switch in Swampert expecting the Agilipass set.
Bulky DD Mence sounds interesting and I'll consider it, Wish sounds good, and I may turn Blissey into a Wish/Protect/Toxic variant.
I don't use Scarfcross much either, but I figured I needed something with some speed and good power.

If Zapdos is replaced, which pokemon would have better leading potential? I like U-Turn on a lead pokemon, especially in Zapdos' case where they may switch in Swampert expecting the Agilipass set.
Bulky DD Mence sounds interesting and I'll consider it, Wish sounds good, and I may turn Blissey into a Wish/Protect/Toxic variant.
I don't use Scarfcross much either, but I figured I needed something with some speed and good power.
Well Bronzong is a really good lead right now. You can use that.

Well Bronzong is a really good lead right now. You can use that.
Any moves in specific you'd recommend? Or would standard be the best option here?
Bronzong over Zapdos would leave me somewhat Gyara weak, but Starmie over Forretress would help.

This team needs (1) Another Physical Sweeper and (2) a good lead pokemon other than Zapdos and there are many pokemon that you can replace Zapdos with, but I will leave you to decide that.

Any moves in specific you'd recommend? Or would standard be the best option here?
Bronzong over Zapdos would leave me somewhat Gyara weak, but Starmie over Forretress would help.
Yeah, the standard. Also helps against mamoswine which 1-2HKos everything you have. Its been said that you have to rely on revenge kills too much.

This team needs (1) Another Physical Sweeper and (2) a good lead pokemon other than Zapdos and there are many pokemon that you can replace Zapdos with, but I will leave you to decide that.
No not really.

Considering the suggestions you guys have given me, the current plans of changes are:

Bronzong
Starmie
Bulky/Regular DD Mence
Wish Blissey
Scarf Hera/Lucario
Mixape

Anything in particular that is a problem/could cause a threat?

Considering the suggestions you guys have given me, the current plans of changes are:

Bronzong
Starmie
Bulky/Regular DD Mence
Wish Blissey
Scarf Hera/Lucario
Mixape

Anything in particular that is a problem/could cause a threat?
Yeah, that looks about right. Just play alittle bit smarter around fighting types and thats about it. Reflect would actually be good on bronzong now that I think about it. You probably won't need Earthquake too much.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not too convinced on Bronzong being the answer to Tyranitar.

I'd keep Forretress for Toxic Spikes and the Rapid Spin, while using Vaporeon over Heracross to pass on the Wish support to the Bronzong as well as countering Infernape. Plus the Toxic Spikes will still be out so Vaporeon doesn't even have to attack. Gyarados won't be able to run over you neither with Hidden Power [Electric].

Bronzong will still do fine as a lead like Tsurakawa has advised. With the Wish support from Vaporeon, it will always give have the nescessary recovery to stop Garchomp.

Taylor's advice works too for the team, but I suppose you are trying to go more offensive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)