A shedinja team that got me to 1500 rating, but now im stuck there.

Obviously a shedinja team is designed to remove all shedinja counterrs before sending out shedinja and performing a shedinja sweep. So thats what this team does. Common KOers are pretty common in todays metagame like stealth rock, sandstream, and now fire is becoming a popular attack.

Smeargle (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Destiny Bond
- Explosion
- Trick

Great lead. Stops stealth rocks from being set up really well and is only really stoped by ninjask and other faster choice scarf leads who dont trick.
I like to revenge "kill" other threats to shedinja by tricking a scarf on them so they get locked in a non threating move. Destiny bond is for anti lead tyranitar. Explosion is when destiny bond isnt against a rock type or steel type.

Azelf @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 34 HP/224 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Trick
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground]

This thing is ridiclously fast, and can trick to stop another threat to shedinja. HP Ground is for heatran who my team has a massive weakness to. Psychic is there for stab and hits alot for nuetral. May turn this into a physical variant for a good explosion though, although i lose my ground attack.

Electrode @ Focus Sash
Ability: Static
EVs: 52 Atk/228 Spd/28 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Explosion
- Taunt

Removes SandStorm and explodes, i really dont get any benefit from rain dance but its my only way of getting rid of harmful weather. probably the most expendable member of my team.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 160 HP/220 Spd/128 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]

All shedinja teams need a spinner. Now here is my delima, should i run sunny day or rain dance on my Electrode. Sunny day allows me to OHKO scizor with HP fire, rain dance makes it a 3HKO or a 2HKO with life orb damage from scizor accounted for, of course this is only if scizor comes out during weather. Man i wish there was an attack that simply got rid of weather.

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch

Traps and kills tyranitar whos constant switching in and out would destroy my team goal. also has the added bonus of 2HKOing blissey even factoring leftover recovery.

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Dig

Star of the show, i think shedinja was improved in a sense that the better moves such as salamence outrage and scizors bullet punch are so common that allows him to switch in. This thing stops from a scizor sweep but i really dont like to do that and want shedinja for end game but i will if i must. I also like to come in on a outraging salamence who allows me for 1-2 sword dances and also maybe 3 if he switch / hits himself in confusion. Dig has saved me alot because for some reason alot of my matches have ended with my last poek being shedinja and my opponent last poke being heatran.

I think the concept is interesting, but I am not sure how well it works. I do not think Shedinja is powerful enough, and with good enough coverage, to be effective. I am just sitting here wondering what the hell you'll do to flying-types.
Obviously Shedinja has the advantage of being able to set up every now and then because of Wonder Guard, but using an entire team to kill Tyranitar and spinning Stealth Rock, just to be downright walled by every Flying-type seems like a waste to me.
Don't you think someone like Scizor, Weavile or Toxicroak will be better off trying to pull a Swords Dance-sweep?

I agree with Orion, I don't think Shedinja is a good enough Pokemon to go for this kind of thing. However it makes an interesting counter for many top tier threats. You don't need HP Fire on Starmie; Shedinja walls Scizor completely. Even if it is earlier than you'd like, come in anyway. Put T-bolt on it instead; Stone Edge Gyarados isn't really scared of anything on your team otherwise, although you can screw it up with Scarves or Sleep so it's not a huge deal. And if you've got a Rapid Spin Starmie, you should consider Recover especially since Starmie needs longevity.

I'm trying to think of a replacement for Dig. It's a pretty poor move, being telegraphed and all. Trouble is, I can't think of any. You could put Sucker Punch there for a stronger Ghost move, or Toxic/Will-O-Wisp to be annoying with Status.

Yeah, definitely put recover on starmie over HP Fire. Not just because scizor is covered by Shedinja most of the time but and because you need recovery for the constant threat that is heatran. I would also put Hydro Pump over Surf on Starmie to get use out of Rain Dance. It should be doing a lot of damage to Scizor anyway if Rain is successfully up. I love the team idea of SPEED SPEED SPEED which is pretty impressive to me.

One thing I would worry about is bulky sweepers like Machamp though because you can't switch into him and you cant really ohko him (psychic from azelf is your best chance). Other bulky sweepers include Swords Dance / QA / Pursuit / Bullet Punch Scizor and if you face this thing, you are probably definitely going to lose. Have you ever experimented with something such as Bulky Mence or Bulky Zapdos? The Flying-type would really give you a bunch of needed resistances and it could be a pretty good choice over Electrode (you can still run rain dance / thunder / uturn / filler, dont worry lol). Another idea is running Stealth Rock on one of your scarfers (azelf would be my choice) because random focus sashers might mess up Shedinjas plan or even Dugtrios plan (random sashers like lucario or even sash priority users such as weavile.

Looks a little gimicky to me. Starmie doesn't need HP Fire since it is being weakened by rain. Well the biggest problem for this team is rotom. It doesn't care about Smeargle too much. It resists all of Electrodes attacks, Azelf might stand a chance, it prevents Starmie from spinning AND finally it can WoW Sheddy.

I would try a RestTalk Pert or Lanturn in this team just to counter it.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hidden Power Fire works against your team, as in Rain it only has 35 power. I strongly suggest you replace HP Fire on Starmie with perhaps Thunder, and Surf with Hydro Pump, just to get the most out of the rain. Recover would also be extremely useful in that Hp Fire slot, as unless your opponent is using a suicide rock leads, you will want to use Rapid Spin with Starmie more than once.

I think if you remove Fire Blast from Azelf and give it Explosion instead, and turn the nature to Naive, it will benefit your team a lot more. Shedinja walls most Steel types movesets (Scizor, Foretress, Bronzong, Metagross, etc), and Fire Blast isn't gonna be hurting Heatran any time soon either.

Running both Explosion and Destiny Bond on your Smeargle is a bit redundant. I suggest you replace one of them (possibly Explosion, as you already have Electrode and Azelf) for Stealth Rock, just to get as much damage as you can on things like Gyarados and Salamence.

You have Tyranitar really well covered, but how do you fare against Hippowdon and Abomasnow? You might want to pack some specific counters against them if they are giving you trouble - a bulky roost Scizor can usually get the job done against both of them, and it deal with Tyranitar really well as well. It can also be really good for revenge killing things like Salamence if they are being a nuisance.

All in all, I really like your team's concept. It looks really well made, so kudos =).

LR.

Yeah i started to notice a rotom weakness so i began to think that CB snorlax would go over azelf with pursuit, also was thinkign of putting jolteon for electrode with raindance, sub, baton pass, thunderbolt so i can pass a sub to shedinja. I was thinking about it and shedinja behind a sub is just deadly. I do like the idea of scizor though. I wanted a good fighting move anyhow

I like Legacy Raiders idea of Scizor. It can handle all weather-inducers, and it can to another thing; Scizor (obviously) gets U-Turn. I think finding a replaceable team member to fit in Scizor can be tough, but if you remove Azelf and replace it with Scizor, then you can U-Turn on the switch, and trap Heatran with Dugtrio. The problem then becomes scarfed Trans, but if you scarf Dugtrio, that's no longer an issue. With Scarf and Adamant, you still 2HKO 252 HP Tyranitar 100% of the time. The Dugtrio you have right now also cannot OHKO 100% of the time, so the powerdrop might not be all that significant.

I also still think that Flying-types can be a big issue. If you are unlucky and Tyranitar come on to Pursuit your Starmie, someone like Gliscor has a field day. Secondly, what do you do against Zapdos?
What if you replace Electrode with Lanturn? I know you want that fast Rain Dance, but with all of Lanturns resistances and immunities, getting off a RD shouldn't pose too many problems. Lanturn is also good to have against the rest of the fliers, as they all are weak to Water/Ice/Thunder in some way, and if you give it Thunder Wave, it can give Shedinja an easier time sweeping when that time comes.

If you add Lanturn with
@Leftovers/Focus Sash
40 HP / 136 SpA / 252 SpD / 80 Def
- Thunder Wave/Surf
- Rain Dance
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt/Thunder
that might do the trick. Thunder is 100% accurate with rain and has 30% paralyze-rate so TWave isn't that necessary in coalition with that.

Lefties>Focus Sash. Why am I the only person that has realized the Rotom weak xD.

CBSnorlax isn't good... Rotom can just WoW it making it useless. What I would do is 1)Go with Lanturn (recommended for Para support) or Curselax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)