Non-Pokébank OU A simple team for Singles Battling

Alolan Ninetails(F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Nature: Timid, EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp.Atk, 4 HP
~ Aurora Veil
~ MoonBlast
~ Freeze Dry
~ Encore

Alolan Ninetails is my starter. Being able to T1 set up dual screens for my team is an absolute godsend, and on its own, it's not too terrible either. Freeze Dry is a nice move that hits water types super-effectively, though I'd be remiss if I said I didn't miss the raw power that Blizzard offers, especially with the buff that Hail gives it. While no other 'Mon benefits from hail on my team, they most certainly do benefit from 8 turns of both Reflect AND Light Screen up at once. The over things are for coverage, and Encore can be used to trap and opponent.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
Nature: Bold, EVs: 252 HP, 200 Def, 56 Speed
~ Calm Mind
~ Defog
~ MoonBlast
~ Scald

A fairly standard bulky Fini set. Fini is the team's main way of getting rid of hazards and crippling status ailments with its terrain. Calm Mind is there in case she can set up, which makes her incredibly bulky and hit surprisingly hard for a bulky water type. Otherwise, the set is fairly standard. I alternate between Scald and Surf on the last spot. Scald has some negative synergies with her ability, but it can hit other Tapus and Flying/Floating Mons. Defog is there to get rid of nasty hazards, obviously.

Porygon-Z @ Normalium-Z
Ability: Adaptability
Nature: Timid, EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp.Atk, 4 HP
~ Thunderbolt
~ Ice Beam
~ Shadow Ball
~ Conversion

This set is pretty standard. Either Shadow Ball or Thunderbolt can be in the first spot to get the Conversion type, but it's really up to what I'm up against. Porygon-Z, despite its power, lacks the defenses, which is what makes Alolan Ninetails such a good partner, being able to set up dual screens for it, and thus allowing Z to get a turn to set up itself. Otherwise, this thing hits pretty much everything for neutral damage due to how varied and....adaptable.... its moveset is. I constantly am switching between the Electric and Ghost set, depending on what I feel like my team needs the most.

Alolan Marowak(M) @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
Nature: Adamant, EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Sp.Def
~ Will-o-Wisp
~ Shadow Bone
~ Flare Blitz
~ Earthquake

Everyone has one of these, and I'm no different. The de-facto Ultra Beast slayer, and also checks 2 of the best Tapus in the game. Otherwise, this is literally a standard build for Marowak. I opted for Adamant over Careful since I just like to hit things VERY hard, but I've considered using a Careful natured one and would be open to the idea. Otherwise, I can't really say much else except that I prefer Earthquake over Bonemerang. Bonemerang has missed for me more often than not, and while being able to break subs is nice, I miss the raw power of Earthquake.

Garchomp(M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Nature: Jolly, EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Def
~ Swords Dance
~ Earthquake
~ Dragon Claw
~ Fire Fang

Your standard Garchomp that sets up with Swords Dance and sweeps through its enemies with its powerful STAB moves. Dragon Claw is used over Outrage, due to the prevalence of Fairy types in OU locking us into a move that causes Confusion while they set up on us. Otherwise, Earthquake is a powerful STAB move, while Fire Fang scares off the likes of Ferrothorn and Tapu Bulu, who try to rain on our parade. Otherwise though, it's a typical Garchomp. I sometimes swap out to a Choice Scarf set.

Scizor(M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Nature: Impish, EVs: 248 HP, 44 Atk, 16 Def, 200 Sp.Def
~ Swords Dance
~ Roost
~ Bullet Punch
~ U-Turn

Finally, the team's Mega. Scizor is the Revenge Killer of the Team and is surprisingly bulky. The EVs are the cut and paste Scizor EV spread that everyone knows, so nothing shocking there. With the abundance of fairies, Scizor loves Bullet Punching them in the face, barring Tapu Lele, and puts out a considerable amount of damage due to Technician and Swords Dance making Bullet Punch a touch of death in most situations. Besides that however, it's your typical Scizor build and everyone who has a Scizor, probably uses the exact same build.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)