A team with a Lucario

Ok so this is my first RMT so excuse the silly mistakes if you find any. On with the team.

I wanted to make a team with a lucario in it because I loved Lucario and it is very good after a sword dance and can take out many Pokemon and thanks to e-speed it has the wonderful +2 priority that I think only Dragonite posses after Lucario which is basically out sped by Lucario. With Life Orb it's very hard to kill off. Slower threats will have to watch out for that powerful +2 Close combat.

Team Overview-
448.gif373.gif251.gif473.gif073.gif596.gif

In depth analysis-

1) Blue Aura Fox (Lucario) - Physical Priority Sweeper

448.gif

Blue Aura Fox (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Bullet Punch

Your typical lucario with SD and CC and e-speed. I chose Bullet Punch for my 4th moveslot as to hit certain ghosts like gengar. Gliscor can be dealt with with either mamoswine or tentacruel. and I don't feel like any other move can deal with other pokemon who are slower better than e-speed and CC. bullet punch can also deal with terrakion which can be dangerous.

2) Rampage Alert (Salamence) - Outrage Sweeper

373.gif

Rampage Alert (Salamence) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Outrage

Salemence is ma choice dragon as the combo of DD outrage with moxie can outright sweep team as I have done so for many times. Lum berry cures any status and allows me to set up on few pokemon's face like blissey or some other wall which relies on burns or statuses to cripple salamence and also gives me the choice of getting off a outrage without worrying of confusion that can really end the sweep. Fire blast is for those pesky ferrothorns and forretresses and it can also be used to hit few pokemon who are quite frail but have levitate and can dodge EQ and force me to go into outrage like gengar.

3) TIME to play (Celebi) - Physically Defensive Wall

251.gif

TIME to play (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Psychic

My physical wall who is quite reliable and can wall many offensive threats like terrakion and bassically anything physical which does not have a bug attack because they hurt. Celebi has proven to be quite a reliable mate and checks many threats as it can resist grass which can threaten tentacruel, ground and fighting which can threaten lucario. It can also counter many pokemon used in rain which is always handy because of the popularity of rain. Similarly it can counter even sandstorm pokemon the bulk of which are ground or rock. paralysis support has it uses too.

4) JumboPork (Mamoswine) - Lead and Revenge killer

473.gif

JumboPork (Mamoswine) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Mamoswine is amazing and solves a leading problem which I usually have and it is a very reliable rock setter because of it's immunity to both sandstorm and hail damage. It can revenge many dragons too exept kyurem-B but as kyurem doesn't have a ice type attack which is strong, celebi can wall it and paralyse it which can let way to a lucario setting up SD and killing it with a simple CC. other than that mamoswine can check dragonite and also posses a very strong move in EQ.endeavor can be very helpfull and the strategy goes like this, if mamo's HP is high then it can switch in on a kill and use endeavor. Hopefully if the opponent is slower then endeavor can bring it to 1 HP or atleast to a range that Ice Shard can kill it. Stealth rock is very usefull......I don't need to tell u about SR do I.

5) Scythe Stigma (Tentacruel) - Mixed wall and Rapid Spin Support

073.gif

Scythe Stigma (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 240 Def / 252 HP / 16 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Toxic

tentacruel is a premier mixed wall as it can resist many moves and burn with scald or toxic the pokemon. Knock off is a very good move as it can deprive many pokemon of items which they would really depend on like choice band on scizor. Rapid spin support is almost critical as SR can potentially break mamo's sash if it's HP is still full and also salamence and galvantula are effected by SR weakness. scald and Toxic are evergreen moves.

6) Electarachne (Galvantula) - Quick Special damager and Possible Sweeper

596.gif

Electarachne (Galvantula) @ Life Orb
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

Galvantula is actually pretty good as it can dent many teams after setting up an agility as not many priorities work on it and it boasts a 100 accuracy Thunder which is very scary. Giga drain is for ground types who I can hit super effectively and potentially kill then if they are weakened. Bug buzz is another STAB which is not that powerful as thunder but has it's times like when facing lati@s whom I can outspeed after getting off a agility. All Galvantula need do is dent the team with it's blistering speed and unpredictability and the other pokemon can sweep off with priorities like lucario and mamo or salamence can easily sweep the remains of the team.

Threats-

Possibly a fast ice type can defeat me like starmie or mamoswine is a big concern as I basically have only lucario to vaguely take care of it as EQ is strong against tentacruel and ice shard is strong against celebii and there really isn't much I can do against it without worst case losing few pokemon.

Conclusion-

I think this is a solid team but it has a lot that it can improve on especially on the pokemon sets because I can't really rate my pokemon sets so well

Import-

Blue Aura Fox (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Bullet Punch

Rampage Alert (Salamence) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Outrage

TIME to play (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Psychic

Scythe Stigma (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 240 Def / 252 HP / 16 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Toxic

JumboPork (Mamoswine) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Electarachne (Galvantula) @ Life Orb
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

Replays-

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-52997624
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-53014519
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-53178990
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-53179282
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-53183006
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-53183571
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-53337276
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-53337276
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-53343004
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-53993415
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-54349136
[url]http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-54348502[/URL]

Last edited:
This definitely has some problems like you said, let me go through the sets 1 by 1 and let other people (or me later) go through what to do to help synergy-wise.

Lucario: Set's fine I guess, I prefer Crunch or Ice Punch but you gave a decent reason to use Bullet Punch, just keep in mind a neutral STAB BP is weaker then a neutral ESpeed, also make him Adamant.

Salamence: Fine.

Celebi: I haven't used Celebi much, but whatever works for you I guess.

Tentacruel: You said Knock Off was an item in your description lol. Otherwise ok I guess.

Mamoswine: Don't use FEAR, not with all the priority going around, you can't set up rocks and Endeavor the same turn so it usually won't work.

Galvantula: Galvantula's one of my favorites but this set needs a ton of help. First, Thunder is 91% accurate, that is no reason to waste your item to make it 100%, give him a Life Orb. Also never use a +speed nature on something boosting it's speed 2 stages. The next thing is Galvantula has no reason to waste time setting up an Agility, it's fast enough and needs the coverage of HP Ice or the utility of Volt Switch more. Using Volt Switch you may want to give it Specs too, but for the most part Galvantula is outclassed sadly, make sure you're not using an inferior version of another Pokemon. Focus on it's strentghs, being it's secondary STAB, great speed tier, and accurate Thunder.

This definitely has some problems like you said, let me go through the sets 1 by 1 and let other people (or me later) go through what to do to help synergy-wise.

Lucario: Set's fine I guess, I prefer Crunch or Ice Punch but you gave a decent reason to use Bullet Punch, just keep in mind a neutral STAB BP is weaker then a neutral ESpeed, also make him Adamant.

Salamence: Fine.

Celebi: I haven't used Celebi much, but whatever works for you I guess.

Tentacruel: You said Knock Off was an item in your description lol. Otherwise ok I guess.

Mamoswine: Don't use FEAR, not with all the priority going around, you can't set up rocks and Endeavor the same turn so it usually won't work.

Galvantula: Galvantula's one of my favorites but this set needs a ton of help. First, Thunder is 91% accurate, that is no reason to waste your item to make it 100%, give him a Life Orb. Also never use a +speed nature on something boosting it's speed 2 stages. The next thing is Galvantula has no reason to waste time setting up an Agility, it's fast enough and needs the coverage of HP Ice or the utility of Volt Switch more. Using Volt Switch you may want to give it Specs too, but for the most part Galvantula is outclassed sadly, make sure you're not using an inferior version of another Pokemon. Focus on it's strentghs, being it's secondary STAB, great speed tier, and accurate Thunder.
Thank you for the reply and if u look at replay 2 which I posted I can tell that I badly need a life orb on galvantula -_- but I think I'll leave it modest though. about HP ice, can you please tell me which pokemon I can use HP ice with good effect please that would help. If I change much on galvantula it might just turn out to be another electric pokemon that could be replaced. About volt switch, to be honest I don't quite know how to use it and my play style doesn't suite it much I guess but I will consider your opinion thank you.

About mamoswine what is FEAR :P sorry that I don't know. Guessing that it's related to focus sash endeavour. If that's the case then actually mamoswine is actually meant to be lead/anti-anti-lead (I honestly made that up right now :P) because if there is an anti lead then it would help me to strategize whether to kill the pokemon with sash-endeavor or is setting rocks more important for me (whether there's a volcarona on the opponents team or not)So it actually works well for me and I managed to set rocks by scaring away a pokemon and making the opponent use a keldeo and killed it, see replay 2.

The jolly nature on Lucario is because of kyurem-B mainly and I like that you can have a peaceful mind regarding speed when you have jolly/modest nature on your pokemon. (most of my sweepers have it if you see carefully or all lol)

FEAR is something like Endeavor with a Sash then a prioity move. Look up FEAR Aron. But you can still use Adamant Lucario since they can (it wouldn't be smart but) run Jolly. Also while very uncommon, a 252 HP Kyurem-B needs Adamant to be OHKOd by a +0 CC. The real reason is just power. Kyurem isn't worth wasting 10% of your attack.

Yeah thanks for the heads up but encountered and he was OHKOed by BP after +2 so sovles that problem as lucario is that much of a revenge killer and he can survive an outrage so I can set up on him and kill him. But about the nature I think I will seriously consider it thanks for the tip.

And apart from Galvantuala I have no defence against a celebi unless salamence is boosted so any tips for that? And is it ok to use voltswitch instead of agility cause I'll try that and post few replays of it here. So you can say whether to go for the volt switch or HP - ice. And can you name the uses of HP Ice apart from dragons and landorus, holy shit this is usefull :P

EDIT - Just used volt switch and it's pretty helpfull so think I'm gonna keep it.

Last edited:
Ok last time I tried voltswitch and really liked it and was thinking if anyone could u-turn so that I could get that volt-turn thing going, any suggestions?

Sorry, I can't help with that, there are no U-Turn users that fit well to your team, unless you want to change 2 of your Pokémons. Scizor and Landrous-T might be good candidates but watch out as they increase the Fire/Ice weakness to half your team. Landrous-T is notable as it can also provide SR support, as Mamoswine is the weakest link on your team.

Do not use any of them until you found a way to fix the problem I mentioned.

And don't think about giving Celebi U-turn, it has a great set, don't bother changing it.

Last edited:
Sorry, I can't help with that, there are no U-Turn users that fit well to your team, unless you want to change 2 of your Pokémons. Scizor and Landrous-T might be good candidates but watch out as they increase the Fire/Ice weakness to half your team. Landrous-T is notable as it can also provide SR support, as Mamoswine is the weakest link on your team.

Do not use any of them until you found a way to fix the problem I mentioned.

And don't think about giving Celebi U-turn, it has a great set, don't bother changing it.
Yeah thanks but the weakness is far too glaring and I think I'm gonna leave it without the u-turners. well nothing you can do about it I guess. landorus gives the team a total weakness to mamoswine which is pretty big of a letdown so yeah thanks for the rate.

And does anyone even watch the replays, just wanted to know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)