SS OU A Threats Stacking HO featuring Screens Regieleki! PEAKED 2010 and going

Niko

Sun God
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender

CREDITS TO FILO GANG FOR HELPING ME WITH RESOURCES FOR THIS RMT
Hi everyone, I would like to share a team I used during 2 of my SPL games and in other tour and non-tour games with satisfying results.
I made many versions of the team, but I will mainly talk about the one I consider being the best.
The idea was to build something that could break basically everything in the metagame, with Screens Regieleki as a backdoor to deal with opposing offensive threats.
The reason I like this team to the point of making a RMT about it is that it adapts perfectly with my playstyle based on long term planning.
Also, keeping in mind that this is an Hyper Offense, you will probably switch out your Pokémon more often than with similar archetypes, because the team gives you the chance to do it thanks to its offensive pressure, forcing the opponent to click the recovery move.

Sets & Explanations:

il vento d'oro (Regieleki) @ Light Clay
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 HP / 168 SpA / 88 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Cage
- Rapid Spin
- Reflect
- Light Screen

nickname lore

This boy is the reason the team has so many good matchups.
Regieleki gives a huge support against bad matchups for the team, such as opposing HOs and Toxic Spikes Toxapex.
I preferred Thunder Cage>Volt Switch/Thunderbolt to punish setters that might want to setup and then switch out, and to keep momentum high.
This spread makes Eleki able to setup Screens or to Spin against +1 Speed Garchomp and Volcarona.

mamma non mi parla (Garchomp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake

nickname lore

This Garchomp set is probably the best non-suicide-setter in the entire tier, talking of keeping 'em up.
Only Mandibuzz can Defog on this, but Bisharp's Defiant prevents it to happen.
There's little to say, this set synergizes very well with the team and opens up holes for its mates.

ferma a guardare (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

nickname lore

Standard drummer Azu.
Particularly helpful against Weavile matchup and vs balanced without Tapu Lele/UnaClef.
The fairy you always need in a SS OU team.

073C172B-18FB-439F-9914-48F636E2064D.png

bottiglie privè (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Soft Sand
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish

nickname lore

Oh boy, this shit is so powerful.
Definitely my win condition against Lele Matchups and Sand archetypes.
His Earthquakes are the strongest in the game and once he's in with Screens, there's little your opponent can do to stop this.
The spread outspeeds Adamant Rillaboom and Modest Nidoking.

READING STEINER (Bisharp) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

nickname lore

Once Urshifu-S and CinderMage were banned, I knew this guy would have raised in usage, but I didn't think he would have been SO good.

The fact that there are 0 Fighting-type Pokémons higher than B Rank in the viability rankings makes its resists non-existent.
Bisharp has a powerful priority, has Swords Dance and one of the most powerful Knock Offs in the tier.
This makes it one of the best cleaners in the actual metagame.

lelouch lamperouge (Volcarona) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz

nickname lore

Everyone knows what Volcarona can do with a good matchup and a good setup prep.
What I can say is only that I wanted Fire Blast to 2HKO Unaware Clef and Timid Nature to outspeed Specs Lele and Hydreigon.

Threatlist:

Dragapult and Urshifu are able to break Screens, while Tapu Lele blocks the priorities with Psychic Terrain and can basically kill/revengekill everything.
Usually if you face one of them it's not gonna be a big problem, but if they are paired you can have some difficulties in dealing with them. I can only suggest to plan carefully if you find them, it's not so rare to find a way to still win the game.

/
+

Against the wrestler, you def want to have Azumarill healthy and/or Screens up for the majority of the game. It's everything but impossible to deal with it, but since after a Swords Dance Hawlucha kills everything, I absolutely had to add it to the threatlist. Anyways, it only does setup on unboosted Bisharp and unboosted Lando.

This...thing is a problem for the majority of the HOs so it's unsurprising to see it in this threatlist, but I think the team decently deals with it.
The annoying part is that Melmetal switchins on Bisharp and can deal with it easily even at +3.

This one is self-explanatory.
You just want to force him in against Garchomp or to prep the sweep with Lando, who's able to 2HKO Quagsire with Earthquake.
Volcarona also has a shot with some luck.

Replays:

vs Garay Oak (SPL Week 6)
vs John W (SPL Week 7)

vs afakedugong (OU Majors R1)
vs sand
vs ladder guy
vs Storm Zone
Importable (click on the sprites):

Proofs of Peak:
peaks.PNG

Last edited:
sick post, love the eleki spread!
I do as well, although I find that the niche of outspeeding Modest Nido as a stretch for how uncommon that is. I prefer to outspeed the timid nature Nido when using the team, I chose to run the Jolly nature which imo has worked as well if not better as Lando isn't immeadiately outsped by common scarfers rn like Kyurem, Kartana, etc. Melmetal is of course an issue for the team, but I love that the Landorus set is calculated to only have a 6.3% chance of being OHKOed by Ice Punch from AV Melmetal, very useful in most matchups VS the uncommon scrap heap. Eleki is also a way of dealing with Scarf-tana when it is weakened without a sac, so I run VS / Cage as well but with the 160 speed investment.

Not too much else to say about the sets, but I like the team.

P.S I tried out Lum on Landorus with a Dragonite sub for Garchomp since it wasn't working out, does great.

Last edited:
sorry, what does the lando-t spread do? i been using my own double dance lando-t very similar to urs (lefties over soft sand) but i been running 252 speed adamant so i was curious abt urs?

Niko

Sun God
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
sorry, what does the lando-t spread do? i been using my own double dance lando-t very similar to urs (lefties over soft sand) but i been running 252 speed adamant so i was curious abt urs?
Actually it does outspeed Adamant Rillaboom and Modest Nidoking, so I put the EVs I didn't need in HP. Those EVs turned out to be useful in many situation, even if they're not about a specific calc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)