Ability Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magma

Option 2 it is. I'll add the new revamps to the archives as soon as possible. In the meantime, lets move on to the next slate:

Halves the Pokémon's weight

Doubles the Pokémon's weight

When the opponent absorbs Hit Points from this Pokémon, the opponent instead loses Hit Points.

(Be sure to include a short justification paragraph which each submission)

Light Metal
this pokemons steel type moves have +1 priority

If a pokemons metal is light those moves wouldn't take as much effort to execute and therefore would hit faster.

Heavy Metal
this pokemons non-steel type moves do 20 or 30% more damage

If a pokemons metal is heavy it will be used to using more force when using attacks and therefore hit harder with lighter attacks.

Liquid Ooze
if the pokemon is hit the attack has recoil damage added to it(30% of damage done in extra recoil for contact, 10% for non contact and whole field[if contact this is applied to every pokemon other than the contactor and the pokemon if draining move this doesn't hit the whole field], 50% for draining moves)

Basically the same reason the original effect is flavorful. When the pokemon is hit ooze flies out(more hit the attacker if it's contact)(if draining all ooze is absorbed by attacker).

Light Metal
The user's weight is halved and their Speed is doubled, but their Attack and Defense are decreased by 33% each.

Why: Lighter=more maneuverable, but it probably also means less strength of armor and less weight behind physical impacts. I mean, I suppose Game Freak might've been going for a different kind of metal that's lighter but just as strong, but I've never had any reason to suspect it beyond the framing of the name, which is still pretty ambiguous.

Incidentally, this would probably be Mega Metagross' preferred base Ability unless it was concerned about Sticky Web more.

Heavy Metal
The user's weight is doubled and their Attack and Defense are increased by 50% each, but their Speed is halved.

Why: The inverse of Light Metal.

I think Aggron would genuinely have a hard time selecting between this, Sturdy, and Rock Head, while Bronzong might finally run something other than Levitate -particularly Trick Room variants.

Liquid Ooze
When an enemy steals health from the user, they lose the amount of health they would have gained instead. Additionally, the user

Ok yeah I got nothing

Magma

Liquid Ooze
When an enemy steals health from the user, they lose the amount of health they would have gained instead. Additionally, the user

Ok yeah I got nothing
Lol. Allow me to throw you the assist then.

Liquid Ooze
Draining moves used by or against the user are boosted by 50%, HP that would've been recovered by the opponent will be dealt as damage instead.

The user's oozy body makes absorption much easier.

This boost is kind of like a stronger auto-Big Root, but instead of increasing the amount of HP recovered, the initial damage of the draining move itself is increased. From a competitive standpoint, Aqua Ring and Giga Drain become much more viable on Tentacruel.

Liquid Ooze

opponent has a 100% chance of being poisoned if it uses a contact move
Don't forget your short justification/reasoning paragraph.

I messed up anyway

Liquid Ooze

30% chance of badly poisoning on contact

reason: well, better poison point, maybe if you make contact they ooze liquid that bad. poisons you? all pokemon with this are poison type...

canno

formerly The Reptile
Liquid Ooze
Damages opponents using leeching moves for as much as they would heal, and badly poisons them.

The "liquid ooze" (which we can assume is poisonous, since only Poison-types have it and it hurts the foe when they use moves that would heal them) enters the attacker's body, not only making the health they got hurtful, but also practically injecting poison inside them, causing them to become badly poisoned. This gives some interesting options - Swallow can now switch into Ferrothorn using Leech Seed, threatening it with a Fire-type move, and Poison anything coming in baring a Steel- or Poison-type. Tentacruel can't really boast this, as it can't threaten Ferro out unless it runs HP Fire or something, but it can switch into Giga Drains and get poisons on the switch, along with both of them switching into Drain Punch to poison the attacker. It is still situational, but the reward is much greater now, as now you get chip damage and a toxic on anything with a draining move.

I can't think of anything for the metals that hasn't been done already

Light Metal

Steel Type Gale Wings clone (Already suggested).

Heavy Metal

Plays a Heavy Metal solo whenever the user enters the field.

Takes 50% less damage from resisted hits. Basically, an opposite version of Filter. More metal protection lets the user tank resisted hits more.

Liquid Ooze

100% chance to badly poison on Contact. No explanation needed, the name simply asks for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)