Ability Shift

I'm not sure that detail really means anything. Defeatist cuts both the user's attack and special attack.

But meh, I'm conflicted about this banning thing.
Indeed. That makes Yveltal's life harder since the power of its recovery move is halved too. That means Yveltal can be crippled fairly easily.

It's kinda funny with ORAS now, no one gets protean anymore, but all of those pressure mons get primordial sea instead. Primordial Sea suicune lmao.

And Delta Stream, too. Delta stream Thundurus, Tornadus and Braviary can all have no weaknesses lol.

Sorry for the bump, but since this meta is being played in the veto minitour, I think some rules need clarification. Are all useless abilities being skipped over? Is Kecleon being banned as well, along with Greninja?

Also, are shadow tag, imposter, wonder guard (torkoal is banned so just heatmor), pure power (or just kecleon), and parental bond banned? Arena trap looks ok because most of the things that get it are bad, but it might have to be banned too. For anyone else reading, contrary, speed boost, and huge power don't have any good abusers so they aren't broken. Also Uselesscrab greninja is banned already in OP.

Last edited:

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
- When choosing your abilities, you skip over flower gift, forecast, stance change, zen mode, shadow tag, moody,
http://www.psypokes.com/lab/abilities.php
Judging by this I think most of those abilities are allowed except for Shadow Tag, which you skip over. So Serene Grace gets Shed Skin.

Also, this thread is so old it was approved by treecko o.o

Edit: I believe the last time this meta was played was all the way back in XY. What do you guys think has changed, if anything, with the coming of ORAS? The only new abilities are Delta Stream, Desolate Land, and Primordial Sea (Desolate Land cannot be accessed by any pokemon though). Braviary seems like an interesting user of Delta Stream, as it has no weaknesses and has access to Roost. A huge amount of pokemon have access to Primordial Sea, as it comes from Pressure, which is very common. I wonder if there are any viable users? wailord confirmed god

Last edited:
Primsea Suicune seems better to me. With access to calm mind and boosted STAB hopefully we'll see more offensive suicunes instead of all those godawful crocunes >_>

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Okay, why the FUCK is dusclops still here? This thing is so disgustingly bulky it can literally switch into any physical attack, standard to BH, and tank it easily. EASILY.

252 Atk Life Orb Pure Power Greninja Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Dusclops: 55-65 (19.3 - 22.8%) -- possible 5HKO
252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Shadow Force vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Dusclops: 96-114 (33.8 - 40.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Groudon-Primal V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Dusclops: 123-146 (43.3 - 51.4%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO

Sure, it has no reliable recovery, but its so bulky it can pain split / night shade anything to death because all it needs is about a 20% difference in its and the opponents HP in order to recover more than the opponent deals. Then it just night shades them to death when they are at low enough health. Literally, a Huge Power base 93 mon with a life orb has its primary stab as a 5hko. Knock off weak? It doesn't even need its eviolite to be so bulky, it still walls basically everything physical in the tier.

+2 252+ Atk Archeops Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Dusclops: 114-134 (40.1 - 47.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Nice damage nerd.

Just putting it out there that if there were an Ubers Ability Shift, M Rayquayquay would get Desolate Land combined with V-Create. While its water resist becoming an immunity isn't anything notable, the boosted V-Create is. Well, assuming loss of Delta Stream would be enough to unban it.

Okay, why the FUCK is dusclops still here? This thing is so disgustingly bulky it can literally switch into any physical attack, standard to BH, and tank it easily. EASILY.

252 Atk Life Orb Pure Power Greninja Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Dusclops: 55-65 (19.3 - 22.8%) -- possible 5HKO
252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Shadow Force vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Dusclops: 96-114 (33.8 - 40.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Groudon-Primal V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Dusclops: 123-146 (43.3 - 51.4%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO

Sure, it has no reliable recovery, but its so bulky it can pain split / night shade anything to death because all it needs is about a 20% difference in its and the opponents HP in order to recover more than the opponent deals. Then it just night shades them to death when they are at low enough health. Literally, a Huge Power base 93 mon with a life orb has its primary stab as a 5hko. Knock off weak? It doesn't even need its eviolite to be so bulky, it still walls basically everything physical in the tier.

+2 252+ Atk Archeops Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Dusclops: 114-134 (40.1 - 47.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Nice damage nerd.
Well if Dusclops does get banned, Dusknoir still has ridiculous defenses (slightly higher than 'clops b4 Eviolite) and a decent attack to Pursuit Trap or whatever, and can still use lefties, so we have an interesting wall that won't be overpowered outclassed anymore.

Last edited:

xJownage

Just putting it out there that if there were an Ubers Ability Shift, M Rayquayquay would get Desolate Land combined with V-Create. While its water resist becoming an immunity isn't anything notable, the boosted V-Create is. Well, assuming loss of Delta Stream would be enough to unban it.

Well if Dusclops does get banned, Dusknoir still has ridiculous defenses (slightly higher than 'clops b4 Eviolite) and a decent attack to Pursuit Trap or whatever, and can still use lefties, so we have an interesting wall that won't be overpowered outclassed anymore.
Fur coat in general invalidates offense in this meta. I mean, sub-leech gourgeist? Dusknoir? How do you use offense besides luring the universe?

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Fur coat in general invalidates offense in this meta. I mean, sub-leech gourgeist? Dusknoir? How do you use offense besides luring the universe?
Special attacks maybe? Dusclops and gourgeist are incredibly passive anyways, it's pretty easy to set up on them.

xJownage

Special attacks maybe? Dusclops and gourgeist are incredibly passive anyways, it's pretty easy to set up on them.
Special attacks are sponged by chansey and other walls. Even boosted attacks don't break it, you saw +2 archeops' damage output with head smash. I know they are incredibly passive, but it doesn't even matter in this meta; even boosted moves can't get past them, not to mention you have to carry sub if you aren't a fire type because both get wisp.

Okay so this only works in Doubles but this would be really derp.

Seismetoad@Choice Scarf
Ability: Poison Touch-->Prankster
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spd
Nature: Jolly/Timid
-After You

Just spam Prankster After You on Seismetoad's partner and laugh maniacally as you watch the world burn.

Dude you seriously do not know how happy you have made me :o :0 :O :( )
How do specific abilities for specific mons work? For example: Stance Change and Zen mode?

Illusion Starmie/Lanturn and huge power Combee :I
Huge Power Teddiursa is better, with 160 base attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)