Accelgor (Analysis)

[Overview]

<p>Accelgor is a Pokemon that has many characteristics that set it apart from others. First of all, it's a ninja bug! That alone would make it cool, but it also has some competitive advantages to go with its look. It's the second fastest Pokemon with access to Spikes - base 145 Speed - outsped only by Deoxys-S. It also has a respectable base 100 Special Attack which, when coupled with STAB Bug-type attacks, lets it make a significant dent in the plethora of Psychic- and Dark-type Pokemon in OU. It also has some good coverage moves which make a sweeper set viable.</p>

<p>However, Accelgor also has some flaws that need to be considered. It has poor base defenses - 80 HP / 40 Def / 60 SpD - meaning it will often be KOed in one or two hits. This, coupled with a Stealth Rock weakness due to its Bug typing and vulnerability to Spikes and Toxic Spikes, means that if one wants it to stay around for more than one or two turns, support from its teammates is a must. But what really matters is that it has more advantages than flaws; so, if you need a Spikes user or a special sweeper, you should definitely consider the ninja bug Accelgor!</p>
Insert an 'a' in the overview.

Hey everyone, I've brought you a new set for Accelgor.(Sorry if i sound all high and mighty but that's how I talk and type).
Ok then, here's my Accelgor set that I created. It's a god when there was no Tiers.
Anyways I believe it can work in OU. Here it is:

Accelgor@LifeOrb
Modest
Ev's SpA252/S252/HP4
Bug Buzz
Focus Blast
Giga Drain/Energy Ball
Hidden Power Rock/Ice

Same as any other Accelgor sweep but mine has Hidden Power Rock with being the 4th fastest pokemon in the game. Hidden Power Rock is for covering it's bug type weakness'. With life orb it can deal a lot of damage, more than timid can. For example I've used it as an Anti-Lead destroying Tyranitar and Feerothorn with ease. And finding out sweeping most pokemon if there not prepared. Unless there Scarfed.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey everyone, I've brought you a new set for Accelgor.(Sorry if i sound all high and mighty but that's how I talk and type).
Ok then, here's my Accelgor set that I created. It's a god when there was no Tiers.
Anyways I believe it can work in OU. Here it is:

Accelgor@LifeOrb
Modest
Ev's SpA252/S252/HP4
Bug Buzz
Focus Blast
Giga Drain/Energy Ball
Hidden Power Rock/Ice

Same as any other Accelgor sweep but mine has Hidden Power Rock with being the 4th fastest pokemon in the game. Hidden Power Rock is for covering it's bug type weakness'. With life orb it can deal a lot of damage, more than timid can. For example I've used it as an Anti-Lead destroying Tyranitar and Feerothorn with ease. And finding out sweeping most pokemon if there not prepared. Unless there Scarfed.
[SET]
name: Ninja Sweeper
move 1: Bug Buzz
move 2: Focus Blast
move 3: Giga Drain
move 4: Hidden Power Ice / Recover
nature: Timid
item: Life Orb
ability: Sticky Hold
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Yeah. Same set, but zdrup's has a Timid nature, which is better, considering that Modest Accelgor loses to Aerodactyl and Scarfed Heatran and you didn't even list an ability. You might want to lose the arrogant attitude.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)