Rejected Add All Unown Forms

Pokémon Showdown! only has the Unown-A which limits people in the forms of Unown that they can use.

This has gameplay significance in Gen Ⅱ. In Gen Ⅱ Unown's form and shininess are dependent on it's DVs and therefore the form and shininess gives information about Unown's DVs. This in turn gives information about Unown's Hidden Power due to Hidden Power also depending on DVs.

I like buffing Unown but I do not think that Pokémon Showdown should buff Pokémon by implementing them incorrectly as it is doing now. Besides that, the people of the Help room deserve Unown-? and the people of the Ruins of Alph room deserve every Unown!

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
it was implemented but got removed because people like to misbehave and spell out slurs with unown formes; and who uses unown in gen 2 anyways?

the people of the Ruins of Alph room deserve every Unown
honestly i dont think the roa room would bat an eye if they were added; i personally wouldnt and im a room driver. this in itself also isnt a really good supporting reason nonetheless.

it was implemented but got removed because people like to misbehave and spell out slurs with unown formes;
Is that not what the report button is for? It's pretty easy to get around the nickname filter and use slurs in nicknames or just behave in appropriately in chat. People who want to behave inappropriately can do so even with the current faulty implementation of Unown.

and who uses unown in gen 2 anyways?
Me.

Yesterday I found out that this change had been implemented. Thanks!

However, the Gen Ⅱ implementation is still glitched because it allows some formes of Unown to use Hidden Power types that they cannot use in-game. I confirmed this by using Hidden Power [Dark] with Unown-A in Gen Ⅱ.

Regardless, I appreciate the great work that has been done on Unown. And I think other Unown fans will as well!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)