Approved Adding permanent weather for the custom rules

There are some mechanics in Pokémon that were taken out as a generation ended. What if there was a way to use these mechanics in the current generation when challenging your own friends? One such mechanic was the permanent weather caused by weather changing abilities like drizzle and sand stream during generation 5 which was taken out during the transition to generation 6. I would like to suggest for the creation of a permanent weather clause in the custom rules when challenging friends or when creating room tours so that it can be experienced in the following generations. This can open up new strategies which can be played with friends and it could be an addition to the rules in a room tour.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I don't see any inherent problems with this. It'd just make Drizzle, Drought, Sand Stream, and Snow Warning last forever; it wouldn't touch other weather effects that have never had that behavior (Desolate Land, Primordial Sea, or Delta Stream). The only complication I can think of is the client being wrong in Gen 6+ with the mod on, but I'm sure that's not a difficult client-side implementation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)