Ubers ADV Ubers Cup II (Round 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Art by LifeisDANK!
This is actually the Annual ADV Tournament IV, formerly won by Fireburn, 0kay, then Level 56

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • This is a standard ADV Ubers tournament.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
  • Standard clauses apply.
  • All the usual Smogon rules regarding activity, timer, disconnection, and cheating rules apply.
ADV Ubers Clauses / Information
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • Wobbuffet / Wynaut + Leftovers is banned
  • Smeargle + Ingrain is banned

Round 3:

Pohjis vs. (BlueIvy vs. Dominatio)
iry vs. Earthworm
Arifeen vs. March Fires
Highlord vs. (dragonitenb vs. zf)
Ismakhil vs. SoulWind
(dream vs. DMDW) vs. Zesty43
cielbakasan vs. absdaddy
Evuelf vs. Samqian

Deadline:

Sunday, November 11th at 11:59 PM PST

Last edited:
Though dream was the one to contact me first, I'd unfortunately have to call activity on this. From Friday to Sunday, I spent minimum of about 3 hours a day to adjust to the schedule due to the timezone difference and we finally agreed to play around 3PM on Sunday (GMT-8) in PMs in sim site. I waited for about 5 hours in Sunday and dream didn't show up and when I got tagged in this thread for 24 hours warning I PMed dream in Discord... and there was no answer. Sorry :/

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Some people appear to have advanced to R3 without the replays of their R2 games being available. Does this mean the replay rule is not being enforced? Minority
The rule becomes unreasonable to enforce when it's broken by a sizable portion of players going into R3. The consequences of enforcing it (DQ multiple winning players, ruin bracket size, further delaying the tour, etc.) simply aren't worth it in this instance. If you know of a way to enforce this rule going forth without facing the brunt of any such repercussions I am always open to suggestions.

Is there anyone who has a solid argument for being in R3 due to this rule not being enforced in R2? Considering people didn't even bother with activity posts until after the deadline, after being threatened with a coin flip, and after being tagged twice, I imagine the answer is no. But if even through all that there is, I will handle any such disputes on a case-by-case basis. I don't expect any TD support considering they've ignored my last two PMs in regards to this tour.

The rule becomes unreasonable to enforce when it's broken by a sizable portion of players going into R3. The consequences of enforcing it (DQ multiple winning players, ruin bracket size, further delaying the tour, etc.) simply aren't worth it in this instance. If you know of a way to enforce this rule going forth without facing the brunt of any such repercussions I am always open to suggestions.

Is there anyone who has a solid argument for being in R3 due to this rule not being enforced in R2? Considering people didn't even bother with activity posts until after the deadline, after being threatened with a coin flip, and after being tagged twice, I imagine the answer is no. But if even through all that there is, I will handle any such disputes on a case-by-case basis. I don't expect any TD support considering they've ignored my last two PMs in regards to this tour.
There were only 2 players that reported wins whose replays I couldn't find, March Fires and Samqian. For cielbakasan only 1 of 2 replays was available.

Judging by your response it sounds like you are not willing to enforce the rule, so I would advise changing it and not requiring replays at all.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
I'd prefer not to DQ only 3 winning players.

It's silly to DQ both players and give strings of byes and/or ruin the bracket because someone didn't save replays. It's also silly to give the win to the loser because that's the opposite premise of a tournament. So here's a rule that's being used tournament-wide, and that multiple players have refused to follow, despite being so simple. Anyone who has made it to R3 of the tournament should be capable of saving replays, but posts continue to demonstrate that they are not capable.

Because I am unable to enforce the rule in a reasonable manner, and because my good faith on the entrants of this tournament has been continually betrayed, my only alternative is to drop this rule, effective of Round 3.

I will say this though: players should post replays anyway, because you should take pride in your matches and having tournament replays available can only help a tier. To anyone who believes that playing games in the shadows and denying your opponent of scouting material gives you the edge, that's an indication that your teams and play aren't very good to begin with.

won vs earthworm ggs

my only alternative is to drop this rule, effective of Round 3.

I will say this though: players should post replays anyway, because you should take pride in your matches and having tournament replays available can only help a tier. To anyone who believes that playing games in the shadows and denying your opponent of scouting material gives you the edge, that's an indication that your teams and play aren't very good to begin with.
i *hate* posting replays but u got a point.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3ubers-833733343
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3ubers-833738207

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)