National Dex Advice for my rain team

Hi, im relatively new to showdown, as I started around 6 months ago. I have played a variety of formats, however my most used one is National Dex. The team ive used the most is a rain team, and I've had some minor success with it, being able to consistently get to 1300. However, im not able to go past that, and I would like some advice on how to adjust this team to fix some of my issues, here it is below:

https://pokepast.es/8046583df1452fb7

Now let me explain the team and each of my members roles

The lead:
Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Weather Ball

From what ive experienced, this is a pretty standard lead for rain teams, damp rock for the extended rain, hurricane to deal with bug types (like shuckle or galvantula) and u-turn to be switch into other mons after I set the rain. I usually try and keep Pelipper for as long as I can alive.

Bulk:
Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn is a great addition to any rain team, with its main weakness being reduced to 2x, and its ability combined with rhelmet crippling most physical attackers. This thing is a great switch in to grass types which see the other team members as bait, especially if said grass type is physical. It also helps counter any water types if Zapdos is taken out early. Leech + rhlemet lets it outstall pokemon like chansey/blissey, and its an essential part of this team

Sweeper:
Seismitoad @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Weather Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast

Seismitoad is pretty useless when rain isn't active, because for it to have any 2h/ohko potential it needs swift swim + water weather ball. In rain, it's a monster and weather ball hits HARD, and seis doesn't need the other moves often besides maybe earth power.

Utility:
Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Weather Ball
- Thunder
- Roost

Zapdos is an all around solid mon. Being able to kill any water types that threaten my sweepers + hurricane killing any special grass types like tapu bulu, lets zapdos be a great overall switch in, both early and late game. In case ferro is out, Static lets it cripple physicals. It's not viable w/o rain tbh, because thunder and hurricane only do so well in the rain.

Revenge Killer:
Greninja-Ash @ Focus Sash
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse

You could honestly run protean, however I prefer battle bond due to being easily accessible. Greninjas great speed + special attack lets it kill practically anything below 50% hp. Protean has also been tried and it works pretty well, free STAB isn't something to laugh at, its honestly just personal preference. Now, why focus sash, you might be asking? Focus sash, while yes, is crippled by stealth rock, guarantees a battle bond/ko and helps make it a more reliable revenge killer. Rain boosted surf likely could get the job done, but hydro pump basically guarantees 2hko.

Wallbreaker:
Manaphy @ Waterium Z
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Manaphy, while a weaker mon at first glance, is very good at solving large issues. It has the OP tail glow, has physic for coverage, and Hydro Vortex even without tail glow shreds most mons. Even a single tail glow is enough for hydro to KO practically any mon. Plus its ability Hydration, its not even weak to toxic.

Here is an example of a average round:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1582505490

WEAKNESSES:

These weaknesses are what stop me from being able to progress too far into the ladder, and the main reason I made this post today.

FREEZE DRY:
With 5/6 of this team being weak to it, any mon with freeze dry (especially kyurem) is devasting to this team, really just forcing me to use Ferro and pray I can outstall it.

WEATHER TEAMS:
This is fairly self explanatory, but mons like TTar or abomasnow cripple my zapdos and seismitoad, and are a pain to play around.

FAST GRASS/ELECTRIC USERS:
Mostly rillaboom, but other fast pokemon that know moves like grass knot are a pain. Thanks to seismitoad, electric types aren't nearly as bad as they seem, but if seis is out, they can be a pain to deal with

Example of a round where the teams weakness to freeze dry becomes obvious:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1582520330

If anyone has any suggestions below, please let me know, i'd really appreciate it, thanks!
(Finally, sorry if im a bit undescriptive or haven't provided some common information, as this is my first post)

Dead by Daylight

are we the last living souls
is a Pre-Contributor
On Greninja, I'd recommend Spikes over Gunk Shot on non-Choice sets or Ice Beam on Specs. Additionally, Rain-boosted Surf hits quite hard, and I don't know of any KOs that it misses out on.

I prefer focus over specs, but I need gunk shot because without it I don't really got anything to hit fairy's for, but yeah i'll get surf, thanks

Thanks so much, thats great advice. I will replace seismitoad with swampert, and adjust the ev spreads, really, thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)