ORAS OU Advice needed, please! :(((( :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, guys, this is not supposed to be an RMT, I just need a little advice on teambuilding. My team handles itself very well so far, but gets completely raped by PseudoBatonPass teams (e.g. Latios, Whimsicott, Smeargle, Espeon and so on... you get the deal) I need a full stop to those type of teams, ideally a phazer, while maintaining offensive and defensive synergy within my team. Stealth Rock, Wish and Sleep support are mandatory. I might replace Mega Venusaur with Amoonguss, and toy around with Mega Altaria as a cleric, but then I wouldn't have a Wish passer... you get my dilemma :)

Sylveon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
IVs: 0 Atk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell

Physcally defensive Sylveon is part of my defensive core, Wish passer and cleric at the same time. Protect + Wish is semi-reliable recovery, Pixilate Hyper Voice nails Sub-Keldeo, Sub-Gliscor and Dragons.

Bisharp (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

All-out attacking Bisharp is my Lati@s check and adds general offensive prowess to my team. Sucker Punch is priority, Low Kick kills Heatran and Tyranitar, Iron Head for Fairies, and Knock Off as a spammable STAB move.

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Next up, Gengar, who is my stallbreaker. Even defeats Chansey 1on1 with Taunt. Sludge Wave + Shadow Ball are STABS for Ghost, Psychic and Fairy types, respectively, Focus Blast rounds off my coverage, blasting Tyranitar and Heatran into pieces.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 172 SDef / 88 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Protect
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock

Usually my lead pokemon, in order to get rocks up quickly, Heatran makes sure my team is not destroyed by Talonflame. Toxic + Protect is godlike, while Lava Plume burns incoming Tyranitars and Azumarills.

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SAtk / 252 Spd
IVs: 30 HP / 30 Def
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Not much to say about Thundy, I opted for Knock Off over Taunt for Lati@s. T-Wave stops Mega Charizard X, who is a big concern to the team, while Thunderbolt and HP Ice are coverage moves

Venusaur (F) @ Venusaurite
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

I might replace this one with Amoonguss, though I'm not sure. Sleep Powder for general annoyance, Giga Drain is STAB and heals me, Synthesis provides a more reliable way of doing so, and Sludge Bomb is for Fairies and opposing Venusaurs and random Grass types.

That's it, I'm open and thankful to any sort of advice and contructive criticism! Cheers :)

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi there, unfortunately your descriptions are lacking and not up to the standard required by the RMT rules. You need to provide an in-depth description of each Pokemon to explain your choices and their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at other RMTs and the RMT archive to see the kind of detail and format we require before posting a thread here. PM me with updated descriptions once you review the rules and I'll reopen this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)