Aerodactyl & frens -----20-0 with this

Intro's

I built this team purely on the fact I have yet to see many Aerodactyl teams if any at all.. So with that being said here is my version of a "decent," Aero team. In the past I feel like Aero really still has that label as the frail semi-glass cannon from last gen... but now with it's mega I feel like you are able to get things accomplished in a higher level of play with a mix of its new speed boost and it's ability Tough Claws which boosts all contacts moves on impact by 33%.

p.s. this is my first RMT ever so I welcome all critques on what I could do in the future to better my RMT abilities.

Okay so here we go with a more in-depth look on why and what I placed on this team.

Aerodactyl:
Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Aqua Tail/Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Okay so I went with a little bulkier spread because I found even with 140 speed ev's I outspeed everything unboosted baring Mega-Zam and other dactyls.. But the 112 hp allows me to surive 3 Mach punchs and also 2 drain punchs from a strong Conk.
The move sets:
Aqua tail : I chose Aqua Tail over Aerial ace for a few different reasons. One I would rather deal with stuff like land lando-i & or T with Aero and leave the fighting types to Clefable which can easily switch into Mon's like Conk and Terrakion's CC.

Stone Edge: Really just hits anything hard and paired with Hone Claws it allows you to spam it freely with a high Crit ratio.. & after a plus 2 it basically is OHKO'ing
+2 252 Atk Mega Aerodactyl Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 216 Def Rotom-W: 261-307 (85.8 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Earthquake: kind of self explanatory, really hates steel types & Heatran which allows it to ohko no problem.
LASTLY

Hone Claws: Allows you to spam Stone Edge freely and really late to mid late game nothing is really going to appreciate a boosted Stone Edge.. especially after alleviating stuff like pesky steel types and or electric stuff (aka Rotom-W) that gives Aero the problems.

Scizor:
Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 218 Spd / 40 HP
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off/Pursuit
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
Really plays a large part in this team. From soaking up opposing bullet punches and hitting stuff like CB Azumarill and belly jet very hard. I also found that I didn't want to run max speed because I couldn't find much that max out sped there for needing to run it. (If you guys do know please comment below.)
The move sets:
Knock Off/Pursuit: Knock off really helps with breaking down stall as well as stuff like Blissey/Porygon2. Notable as well hitting other things like Aegislash hard which would otherwise sort of wall scizor.

Superpower: Is really key when running both Scizor and Aero..for the soul purpose of getting rid of Heatran. This speed number allows you to out speed Heatran that are speed creeping with 36 speed Ev's.

Bulletpunch: First and foremost this is much needed priority Attk that this team is sort of lacking.
Especially since the Fairy typing is quite popular this gen . Here are a few calcs to give you an idea of the power.

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 140 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 195-229 (51.8 - 60.9%)

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 244-288 (93.1 - 109.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latias: 177-208 (58.6 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
ETC.. I think you get the point it hits quite hard.

Uturn Really more to hit opposing Venusaurs and to keep momentum in my favor.
252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor U-turn vs. 252 HP / 216 Def Rotom-W: 147-174 (48.3 - 57.2%) -- 41% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor U-turn vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 159-187 (43.6 - 51.3%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO

Manaphy:
Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

Plain and simple I use Manaphy as a wall breaker and a sort of lure to faint stuff like rotom-W and unwanted mons that I don't want around late game for Aerodactyl to clean up.
The move sets:
Tailglow: To boost quickly. I think we all sort of understand what it does to help break walls and really just put dents into Mons.
Surf: I chose surf over scald on the fact that surf has the higher base power and really didn't want to sacrafice that for the burn hax. Really a well rounded Stab attack for manaphy that'll hit even resisted mons very well.
Energy Ball: I went with Energy ball over Psychic only because I do already have coverage to take out stuff like Mega-venu and conk. Plus I mainly use him like I said up top to lure and wall break.. especially since Aero is gonna hve some trouble with bulky waters and what have you.
Ice Beam: Absolutely destroys dragons and other ground types which is essential to break down Sub/stall Gliscor which can really give most teams problems.

Latias:
Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 72 HP / 184 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Defog

In my opinion probably the best defogger in the game at the moment. Allows with some bulk and to retaliate with a hard hitting Draco .
Really serves his purpse on this team as a lure for opposing Scizors with hp Fire and bulky defoger.
The Ev's allow it to have the Life orb number and give it some necessary bulk & allow me to sort of pivot in and out when needed and still be able to revenge mons like Garchomp

The move sets:

Draco Meteor:We all have felt the wrath of this attack at one point or another, really very powerful stab attack to get very well off chip damage on most mons baring Fairy types.

Hidden Power Fire;Ferrothorn can really wall Aero, scizor, Manaphy and basically this whole team along with scizor. So really I found it very necessary to carry this over roost as a lure. & since I have I really don't find myself missing roost as like I said I use Lati as a pivot and really don't need to worry about rocks late game after their rocker is gone.
(notable as well... when you do run hidden fire you do lose one IV in speed so you are at 349 instead of 350... just keep that in mind..& if you are having trouble you can always switch knock off on scizor to pursuit and trap)

184 SpA Life Orb Latias Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 255-302 (72.4 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

184 SpA Life Orb Latias Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor: 291-343 (84.5 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Psyshock: Takes out stuff like conk and also hits opposing fairy types decently like Togekiss and Azumarill.
184 SpA Life Orb Latias Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Togekiss: 149-177 (39.8 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
which may not seem like a lot, but you have to remember the whole point of this team is to get chip damage for Aero to come in and finish the game off.
Defog:What can I say, probably one of the best Gen VI moves we had gotten thus far. Really allows me to not have to void a spot for a spinner & still allows me not have to worry about the ghosts who resist the Rapid Spin.

Clefable:
Fren (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Spd / 236 Def
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Really a fun pokemon and probably my most favorite to use so far this gen.
Really helps take out stuff like T-tar,Conk, etc... And after a boost with unaware it's really quite hard to get rid of this thing unless the opponent is carrying Roar.
252 hp to max him out 234 to give it needed Def bulk and 22 speed to creep.

The move sets:
Moonblast:Decently well rounded attack that hits with stab bonus and after a CM or two really starts adding up.
Healbell:Heal Bell is such a wonderful move really is essential if you are status'd or any of your mons are. Especially being Unaware I really find it's definitely a staple in this set to help boost and or status absorb.
Calm Mind: Fills in the needed Special D hole after investing in the physical Defense. Also allows me to sort of start building up to potentially sweep & apply pressure especially if your Oppo isn't prepared for such.
Moonlight: With all of the Charizard-Y Moonlight enjoys the sun being out and is key to help boost up and plays a major part in longevity even with the Lefties recovery.

Garchomp:

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

As you can see I'm running the lead Sash set. Allows me to get rocks up 100%.. But I really cannot tell you how many times I've led and Sd boosted and proceeded to take out half of the oppos team as well. I really enjoy the versatility of this set and the Stab Eq. I went with Stone edge over Outrage only because I don't have to worry about the Fairy Switch ins and birds that are ohko'd by SE.
The move sets:

Stealth Rock: Probably the best move in the game, chip damage, hits Talon/birds amazing well and nerfs them on switch in.
Earthquake:Really good coverage move to beat opposing leads like Infernape, excadrill... etc.. also after a SD it is taking chunks of lead Ferro as well.

Stone Edge:Hits opposing levitate-rs and or flying types very well even Rotom-w doesn't appreciate a Stone Edge to the washing machine.
Swords Dance: Really self explanatory. Is here to really boost up and get a quick last hit in after getting the Rocks up.
Chomps attack is already something to respect and after a SD it's very exceptional and can be a monster.

I did go 20-2 with this team, only two loss were because of lag .-.
For proof rank "the w0lf"

Special thanks to McBarrett/Toxzn for giving me suggestions and needed help.
This is my first RMT, I'm sure it's not perfect but I really would appreciate any feed back and or ideas for this team. Anyway, this is my rendition of this team & hope I portrayed the idea of the team well enough for you to understand how it works :}
- cheers.
Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Aqua Tail
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 218 Spd / 40 HP
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 72 HP / 184 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Defog

Fren (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 22 Spd / 234 Def
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Last edited:
Really solid team, Fingers me boy. I like Aerial Ace because it's respectable after Tough Claws. I assume it's boosted by it? On Scizor, Pursuit vs Knock Off is tough. Personally, I like Pursuit because I am all about Trapping, as you well know, but Knock Off is better vs Stall, and Chansey in Particular. I'd say Knock Off is overall better for your needs. I would consider Psychic over Energy Ball or Ice Beam on Manaphy, as Aerodactyl will often have problems muscling it's way through MegaSaur. I prefer Latios as a Defogger because of Fire Power, but Latias does have that sexy bulk that brings all the boys to the yard XD.

I prefer Cosmic Power over Calm Mind on Clefable, if not for the fact that it's, simply put, way more ANNOYING! Chomp looks solid though as is.

Nice team, Fingers, it's great to see a good Aerodactyl team! Much Ludvisc.

Hey Fingers, Pretty neat team you got there. I haven't really seen mega aero put to much use at all, the fact that most people don't prepare/consider probably helps you a lot.

So few changes I would suggest :

I would suggest trying either Waccan/Habban berry on Manaphy as it tends to pull either revenge killers in fast electrics - Raikou/Thundurus etc, where waccan will not only save you but net you a ko as well. I dont know if Habban can work but Manaphy generally pulls in Lati@s which if manaphy is healthy will drop a Draco Meteor. Since your use is to weaken things and prepare for other things to roll through, I think those will be better over say, Leftovers.

I like the addition of HP Fire since Ferrothorn is just a massive obstacle to any team tbh..

I personally would still use Outrage just because of how hard it hits those Levitaters + it provides Stab. But I can understand if you dont want to be locked in/ fairy fear.

Also you say you chose aqua tail, but you seem to have Aerial Ace listed. I can see both of them having uses. Aerial Ace may help a bit more with venu though.

Pretty neat team though, make that dactyl work <3

Hey Fingers, Pretty neat team you got there. I haven't really seen mega aero put to much use at all, the fact that most people don't prepare/consider probably helps you a lot.

So few changes I would suggest :

I would suggest trying either Waccan/Habban berry on Manaphy as it tends to pull either revenge killers in fast electrics - Raikou/Thundurus etc, where waccan will not only save you but net you a ko as well. I dont know if Habban can work but Manaphy generally pulls in Lati@s which if manaphy is healthy will drop a Draco Meteor. Since your use is to weaken things and prepare for other things to roll through, I think those will be better over say, Leftovers.

I like the addition of HP Fire since Ferrothorn is just a massive obstacle to any team tbh..

I personally would still use Outrage just because of how hard it hits those Levitaters + it provides Stab. But I can understand if you dont want to be locked in/ fairy fear.

Also you say you chose aqua tail, but you seem to have Aerial Ace listed. I can see both of them having uses. Aerial Ace may help a bit more with venu though.

Pretty neat team though, make that dactyl work <3

Lol, total nub mistake. Anyway, I think I'll give Outrage a try and maybe see how it fairs over SE.
Also as far as wacan is a great suggestion i'll probably have to give that a go as well. ty :3

This is a decent team. That being said, this team is ABSURDLY weak to Double Dance Thundurus, who after an agility outspeeds every mon on your team, and after a Nasty Plot, 2HKO's your entire team bar none. Between Thunderbolt and Hidden Power Ice, it's coverage simply blows through your team with ease. Another major threat I see is opposing Scizor, who when equipped with a choice band 2HKO's every mon on your team, and with proper prediction becomes a major nuisance to you.

I think the easiest way to eliminate both of these major threats is to run Offensive Gastrodon over manaphy. By virtue of it's typing, it can beat both of the aforementioned threats, and it can 2HKO either one at will. It also does not lose any offensive pressure Manaphy had, but gives you a bulky pivot to beat many threats and patch up your team's weaknesses. Use Toxic over Ice Beam if you are using Leftovers and want a Gastrodon on the more bulky pivot end, or use Ice Beam if utilizing a Life Orb to hit hard.

Run Magic Guard on Clefable as you will lose your win condition to taunt + toxic stallbreakers otherwise. The main selling point of Clefable is that you have no need to spam heal bell absurdly. For this reason you can open up a spot to use Flamethrower which acts as amazing coverage, having 100% perfect neutral coverage in tandem with Moonblast!

With such a bulky offensive team, I do not feel that Garchomp fits the bill. It simply dies too quickly, and afterwards if you choose to defog, you risk losing your rocks permanantly. Not a pleasant thought at all. Looking over your team, Landorus T fits perfectly, bringing you offensive momentum against Scizor, Conkeldurr, etc. And yet carrying Stealth Rock utility throughout a match!

Hope I helped!

Gastrodon @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 SAtk / 172 HP / 84 Def
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam / Toxic
- Recover

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

This is a decent team. That being said, this team is ABSURDLY weak to Double Dance Thundurus, who after an agility outspeeds every mon on your team, and after a Nasty Plot, 2HKO's your entire team bar none. Between Thunderbolt and Hidden Power Ice, it's coverage simply blows through your team with ease. Another major threat I see is opposing Scizor, who when equipped with a choice band 2HKO's every mon on your team, and with proper prediction becomes a major nuisance to you.

I think the easiest way to eliminate both of these major threats is to run Offensive Gastrodon over manaphy. By virtue of it's typing, it can beat both of the aforementioned threats, and it can 2HKO either one at will. It also does not lose any offensive pressure Manaphy had, but gives you a bulky pivot to beat many threats and patch up your team's weaknesses. Use Toxic over Ice Beam if you are using Leftovers and want a Gastrodon on the more bulky pivot end, or use Ice Beam if utilizing a Life Orb to hit hard.

Run Magic Guard on Clefable as you will lose your win condition to taunt + toxic stallbreakers otherwise. The main selling point of Clefable is that you have no need to spam heal bell absurdly. For this reason you can open up a spot to use Flamethrower which acts as amazing coverage, having 100% perfect neutral coverage in tandem with Moonblast!

With such a bulky offensive team, I do not feel that Garchomp fits the bill. It simply dies too quickly, and afterwards if you choose to defog, you risk losing your rocks permanantly. Not a pleasant thought at all. Looking over your team, Landorus T fits perfectly, bringing you offensive momentum against Scizor, Conkeldurr, etc. And yet carrying Stealth Rock utility throughout a match!

Hope I helped!

Modest Nature
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam / Toxic
- Recover

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

HI, thank you for all of your suggestions.. I think I might try switching Chomp out for Lando. As far as the Thundy goes, I was running unaware in which tbolt is only doing 33.5% at most.. which makes his boosts and what not really pointless. But I think I may change healbell and try that set just to see how it fairs against what I was using. I tried it prior and I really just was to lazy to change it back so I've stuck with unaware.
Thanks again for your suggestions :3
-cheers

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader
Looking really good fingers, I personally think that while M-Aero isnt top tier but it is certainly a good mon that has nice added bulk on top of extremely fast speed. I dont so much as have a suggestion just that I noticed outside of 2 resists to ice, your team has a pretty large ice vulnerbility and in particular to mamoswine who could deal a massive amount of damage to your team if it has dealt with scizor and manaphy both of which dont like switching into eq (both) or freeze dry (manaphy). Honestly, think it a fairly nice and well thought out team and while I could nitpick at various elements however, I think as a whole it looks great especially since it is using an under-used mon and mega that is better then many assume.

Hiya Fingers,

The team works fairly well on its own, I playtested it a bit and it worked great for me.

Something that I know a lot of players (in both singles and vgc) do overseas is put the actual stat numbers in addition to the evs, but that might be overkill.

Now for the rate:

Sets:
I don't think I'd run that much speed on scizor tbh, since usually heatran is something you'd hit on the switch because you have a fairly safe switchin to tran with manaphy. I'd prolly run enough spe evs to creep mega mawile and call it quits there. Also, the Clefable ev spread wants numbers all divisible by 4.

Threats:
Defensive threats: tbh there's not a whole lot here since after wearing stuff down with rocks, manaphy will usually clean out anything defensive.
Chesnaught, Skarm, Quagsire: They handle most of the attackers on your team fairly well. However scizor u-turn -> manaphy = win against a lot of defensive teams.
Mega venus is kinda annoying as well (walling manaphy and clefable) but it can be worn down a bit easier thanks to u-turns, chomp, latias, and if your desperate enough dactyl.

Offensive threats: I'm a bit more familiar with offensive threats than defensive threats so this section will probly be a bit longer than the previous one :P
Bisharp: If you let it get to +2 it takes out almost everything with sucker punch, usually i try to hit it on the switchin with latias, preserve clefable and hope iron head doesn't flinch, he doesn't get too many set up opportunites, just be cautious when using bullet punch on scizor.
Thundurus: I mention him mostly because while aero can kill it, he sort of ties dactyl's fate to his own, clefable needs to be kept healthy to deal with him as well if he's a np set.
Mawile Mega: Sub Punch sets up on clefable and destroys lives - definitely a problematic poke for the team. The best way to beat it is to bp sub with scizor and save chomp to finish it off.
CB scizor: switches in on clefable and with proper prediction 2hko's
Excadrill: switches in on clefable 2hko's most of your team with proper prediction. But it can be revenge killed by multiple threats (i'm assuming not scarf since scarf is stupid imo). Landorus-t over garchomp might help here.
Charizard-Mega-X: sets up on scizor locked into anything other than u-turn. It's a bit scary tbh, sacking a healthy clefable can sorta help deal with it. And if they're outrage then try to lock them into it. Again Lando-t over chomp might help here.

I'd definitely agree with what most everyone else is saying: lando-t over chomp is definitely worth looking into, it's just a question of what the moveset/evs would be. Something like sr, stone edge, eq, sd would do what chomp did and possibly even a bit better, however, running knock off over sd could be cool as well since getting rid of skarm's rocky helmet is a big help to scizor and removing lefties from walls that like to switch into aero would be helpful as well. Finally, I'm not sure i'm all that keen on clefable since its prone to losing the offensive tempo, but I'm not quite sure what would fill its slot.

Hoped this helped and nice rmt,
~tst

Last edited:
Yo fingers,
Much respect for running mega Aero. Depending on the moveset your opponent is running, LO Greninja could do huge damage to this team. Clefable walls it nicely as well as manaphy as long as it doesn't carry grass knot. That's all I can really see so far besides Thundy, and that was already pointed out :)

I'd switch Leftovers -> Wacan Berry on Manaphy, seeing as I don't think Manaphy needs Leftovers on this team. This allows Manaphy to lure and remove Thundurus, which can give your team problems with the Mixed set.

Yo fingers,
Much respect for running mega Aero. Depending on the moveset your opponent is running, LO Greninja could do huge damage to this team. Clefable walls it nicely as well as manaphy as long as it doesn't carry grass knot. That's all I can really see so far besides Thundy, and that was already pointed out :)
Aero actually ohkos ninja after rocks damage and nearly ohkos without it and that's unbooosted. and as far as thundy goes really with Unaware Clefable it is doing like 31% at most with thunder bolts :}
Thank you for your post ! :3
-cheers bud

I'd switch Leftovers -> Wacan Berry on Manaphy, seeing as I don't think Manaphy needs Leftovers on this team. This allows Manaphy to lure and remove Thundurus, which can give your team problems with the Mixed set.
Thank you, seeing as like 4 of you have suggested this I think I'll give in and give it a shot.
:3
ty
-cheers miss

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
Brawlfest You rarely can stop a Double Dance Thundurus-T without very specific mons. On the other hand, Thundurus-T has no way of getting both boosters off, as pretty much everything except maybe Scizor can at least 2HKO it (and Scizor can simply U-turn out). tl;dr, don't take Sweepercalc so literally =P.
Anyways I'll rate this in the morning man, but the team seems pretty legit at a glance. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head, which has been mentioned earlier, is using Magic Guard Clefable instead of Unaware. While Unaware is a bitch to beat, it tends to do better on slow teams with Will-O-Wisp or Scald support.
EDIT: SD Mega Mawile absolutely smashes you if Garchomp's Sash gets broken. You've also got some problems with DD Char X after Sash is broken, and Tflame is going to get a couple kills on you almost every time you face it. To solve all of these, I would advise switching Garchomp > Landorus-T. Lando provides a more survivalist lead, as well as giving some much-needed physical bulk. As an added bonus, it resists all of Clefable's weaknesses, making it have some nice defensive synergy.
Set:
Landorus-T @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Last edited:
Hiya Fingers,

The team works fairly well on its own, I playtested it a bit and it worked great for me.

Something that I know a lot of players (in both singles and vgc) do overseas is put the actual stat numbers in addition to the evs, but that might be overkill.

Now for the rate:

Sets:
I don't think I'd run that much speed on scizor tbh, since usually heatran is something you'd hit on the switch because you have a fairly safe switchin to tran with manaphy. I'd prolly run enough spe evs to creep mega mawile and call it quits there. Also, the Clefable ev spread wants numbers all divisible by 4.

Threats:
Defensive threats: tbh there's not a whole lot here since after wearing stuff down with rocks, manaphy will usually clean out anything defensive.
Chesnaught, Skarm, Quagsire: They handle most of the attackers on your team fairly well. However scizor u-turn -> manaphy = win against a lot of defensive teams.
Mega venus is kinda annoying as well (walling manaphy and clefable) but it can be worn down a bit easier thanks to u-turns, chomp, latias, and if your desperate enough dactyl.

Offensive threats: I'm a bit more familiar with offensive threats than defensive threats so this section will probly be a bit longer than the previous one :P
Bisharp: If you let it get to +2 it takes out almost everything with sucker punch, usually i try to hit it on the switchin with latias, preserve clefable and hope iron head doesn't flinch, he doesn't get too many set up opportunites, just be cautious when using bullet punch on scizor.
Thundurus: I mention him mostly because while aero can kill it, he sort of ties dactyl's fate to his own, clefable needs to be kept healthy to deal with him as well if he's a np set.
Mawile Mega: Sub Punch sets up on clefable and destroys lives - definitely a problematic poke for the team. The best way to beat it is to bp sub with scizor and save chomp to finish it off.
CB scizor: switches in on clefable and with proper prediction 2hko's
Excadrill: switches in on clefable 2hko's most of your team with proper prediction. But it can be revenge killed by multiple threats (i'm assuming not scarf since scarf is stupid imo). Landorus-t over garchomp might help here.
Charizard-Mega-X: sets up on scizor locked into anything other than u-turn. It's a bit scary tbh, sacking a healthy clefable can sorta help deal with it. And if they're outrage then try to lock them into it. Again Lando-t over chomp might help here.

I'd definitely agree with what most everyone else is saying: lando-t over chomp is definitely worth looking into, it's just a question of what the moveset/evs would be. Something like sr, stone edge, eq, sd would do what chomp did and possibly even a bit better, however, running knock off over sd could be cool as well since getting rid of skarm's rocky helmet is a big help to scizor and removing lefties from walls that like to switch into aero would be helpful as well. Finally, I'm not sure i'm all that keen on clefable since its prone to losing the offensive tempo, but I'm not quite sure what would fill its slot.

Hoped this helped and nice rmt,
~tst
all valid points, but let me explain my thought process on the mons.
I switched Chomp to Lando just to test for now and see how it goes.
Bisharp is ohko by aero, in which really not much is stopping bisharp at plus 2. also scizor can handle bisharp pretty well usually.
excadrill is also rekt by aero zard x is probably going to be handled by lando now also prob could take care of excadrill.
People keep sayn Thundy is a problem, but really it's the least of my problems tbh with Unaware Clefable it really can boost all it wants and still wont be doing more than 31%.
I'm happy you actually tried this team and liked it. anda ll your points are very valid. hopefully this sort of helped explain some concerns you had :3

Hope I helped!

Modest Nature
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam / Toxic
- Recover

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
what is the 88 speed for on lando ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)