Gen 1 Aerodactyl (UU) [QC 2/2] [GP 2/2] [DONE]

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
aerodactyl.png

AeroBuzz Propaganda!
Now with proper apostrophes! :psynervous:

[OVERVIEW]

Aerodactyl is able to find a niche on anti-Wrap cores thanks to its exceptionally high Speed, which allows it to check and revenge kill even some of the fastest Pokemon in the tier, like Dugtrio and Persian. This Speed gives it an incredible 25.39% critical hit rate while also making it difficult to pin down with Wrap. Aerodactyl also has an amazing defensive typing that provides it with immunity to Earthquake and resistance to Normal-type attacks, granting it great synergy with physically frail Pokemon like Electabuzz and Raichu. Finally, Aerodactyl's Normal resistance allows it to PP stall Wrap, dissuade Explosion, and force recharges from Hyper Beam.

However, Aerodactyl comes with a slew of problems. It's hindered severely by a lack of STAB options, with its sole semi-functional one being the mediocre Sky Attack. This extends to the rest of its offensive movepool, often leading Aerodactyl to use Fire Blast. Overall, these movepool issues limit Aerodactyl's damage output by quite a bit. Furthermore, its reliance on Double-Edge forces it to take heavy recoil and leaves it susceptible to knocking itself into KO range, severely limiting its defensive use throughout a game. Defensively, Aerodactyl is very frail specially, taking massive damage from Surf and Blizzard, both very common attacks in the tier. As a result, it will struggle against threats like its extinct brethren Omastar and often get forced out. Aerodactyl is extremely reliant on its Speed as well, making paralysis a near-death sentence, once again forcing it out if it can't KO the user before it gets paralyzed. This is further amplified by the risk of Body Slam paralyzing it, which makes what would otherwise be a switch-in opportunity a dangerous game to play.

[SET]
name: Speed Utility
move 1: Double-Edge
move 2: Hyper Beam
move 3: Fire Blast
move 4: Toxic / Agility

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Description
=========

Double-Edge acts as Aerodactyl's main attacking move, allowing it to deal significant damage to physically weak Pokemon. Double-Edge notably 2HKOes Kadabra and puts Dugtrio into range for Hyper Beam. Hyper Beam allows Aerodactyl to revenge kill opposing Pokemon very effectively, KOing Tentacruel from 40.2% onwards. Fire Blast is most useful for the significant burn chance, which can incapacitate physical attackers and cause Wrap users to take more damage than they can deal when using it. Toxic can be used to prevent a Wrap sweep from Agility + Wrap Dragonite, but Agility is helpful for ignoring the Speed drop from paralysis. Fire Blast works well with Toxic, as burning Haunter and Tentacruel—which are immune to it—allows your own Tentacruel to further chip them using Wrap.

Aerodactyl's main purpose during a game is to revenge kill Pokemon and prevent Wrap cores from making progress, all while providing defensive support through its typing. This is best facilitated by the use of partners that, like Aerodactyl, take minimal damage from Wrap, such as Haunter, Omastar, and Vaporeon. Alternatively, Aerodactyl can be fit onto teams with offensive Pokemon that can give it openings to sweep like Persian, Kangaskhan, and Dragonite. Overall, this culminates into a hit-and-run playstyle that makes it work well, be it early- or late-game.

Aerodactyl's resistance to Normal-type attacks and high Speed mean it can switch in on Wrap with near-impunity, taking minimal damage while guaranteeing damage on the opposing Wrap user should Aerodactyl stay in. Aerodactyl also happens to switch in well against Pokemon that use their teammate's Wrap to switch in freely, such as Dugtrio and Persian. This makes it a good response to these switch-ins with good prediction, especially if it comes in the same turn as them. Overall, Aerodactyl serves as very effective means to check these fast threats, dictating the game state efficiently by denying the opposing team momentum.

Aerodactyl's Ground immunity makes it well equipped for double switching, allowing it to ease in Electric-types like Electabuzz, as well as Haunter and Tentacruel, through deterring the use of Earthquake. This makes Aerodactyl suitable for teams that lead with Electabuzz, as Dugtrio is fairly likely to switch in immediately, and Aerodactyl can KO Dugtrio with Double-Edge + Hyper Beam. Since Aerodactyl is thoroughly debilitated by paralysis, it appreciates having a Ground-type teammate like Dugtrio or Golem to switch in on Thunder Wave and maintain momentum.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Aerodactyl's fourth move slot is the most expendable, and while its movepool is very limited, this isn't to say there aren't options. Rest is the most relevant option, allowing Aerodactyl to serve a more defensive role while removing paralysis, ensuring it can maintain a defensive presence throughout a game. Considering Wrap deducts sleep turns, Rest plays well into Aerodactyl's playstyle. However, Rest also makes it easy setup fodder for Dragonite. Alternatively, Sky Attack can be used to hit Haunter and OHKO Kadabra, which isn't unfeasible if it's charged during a Recover turn in Kadabra's case, but its two-turn nature and shaky accuracy make it unreliable and specific.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Rock-types**: Aerodactyl can't scratch Rock-types at all—especially Omastar and Golem—and is weak to almost every attack they commonly use. As a result, Aerodactyl invites these threats in just by existing and will be subsequently forced out.

**Haunter**: Haunter is immune to Aerodactyl's main attacking options and takes minimal damage from Fire Blast. As if this weren't enough, it 2HKOes Aerodactyl with Thunderbolt. The best Aerodactyl can offer against it is a potential burn, which makes its Explosion pitifully weak. However, Haunter must be wary of Sky Attack.

**Water-types**: Aerodactyl takes heavy damage from any viable Water-type's STAB Surf. While it can survive Surf from Vaporeon at full HP, Double-Edge's recoil means it will almost never be in a situation where it can make use of it. This also makes Tentacruel's 28.2% chance to OHKO Aerodactyl with Surf much more imposing. Gyarados can 2HKO Aerodactyl with Surf or Thunderbolt or even OHKO it with Hydro Pump 89.7% of the time. However, Aerodactyl is very capable of revenge killing Water-types not named Omastar through Hyper Beam.

**Paralysis**: Aerodactyl's main strength in RBY UU is its Speed, so paralysis is the bane of its existence. It will force Aerodactyl to use Agility to remain in control, assuming it is running it, which can be very difficult to set up reliably and leaves it open to exploitation from Pokemon like Dragonite. Unless Aerodactyl can take out opposing paralysis inducers like Electabuzz and Hypno, it's forced to switch out. It should be noted that they're KOed by Hyper Beam from 47.1% and 37.5% onwards, respectively. Raichu can notably use Agility to outspeed Aerodactyl and 2HKO it with Thunderbolt. Electrode can do the same, and its naturally higher Speed makes matters worse. Body Slam's paralysis chance can also make checking Pokemon like Kangaskhan and Dodrio much riskier than it should be, making what would normally be a valid point of entry a potential death sentence.

**Articuno**: Articuno takes middling damage from Aerodactyl's options outside of Fire Blast, can boost itself to become faster than it through Agility, and OHKOes it with Blizzard. If Articuno has used Agility, Aerodactyl can't do anything.

**Dragonite**: While a Toxic or even burn from Aerodactyl will completely stuff its chances of a Wrap sweep, Dragonite is more than capable of beating Aerodactyl. It can use Agility to outspeed and 2HKO Aerodactyl with Blizzard or Thunderbolt, and it doesn't take much damage from its attacks. It also has access to Thunder Wave, which incapacitates Aerodactyl and makes it much more vulnerable to Wrap.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Plague von Karma, 236353]]
- Quality checked by: [[phoopes, 96315], [EB0LA, 423005]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429], [The Dutch Plumberjack, 232216]]

Last edited:

Volk

Demonstrably alive.
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
This isn't really a QC because I haven't experimented with this Pokemon to say anything for certain, but I have some opinions to share.

Aerodactyl has a small niche in RBY UU as a check to Dugtrio, Kadabra and other fast and frail threats in the tier.
In my opinion, the most notable aspect of Aerodactyl is its speed. This should be addressed before anything else. Start off with something like "Aerodactyl is able to find a niche in RBY UU thanks to its exceptionally high speed, which allows it to check and revenge kill even some of the fastest Pokemon in the tier like Dugtrio." From here, you can discuss things like the critical hit rate and the ability to pivot into Wrap. Then finally transition into the typing, and how that makes it even better as a anti-Dugtrio, anti-Wrap, etc. Pokemon. The information is fine, but I think the order could be reworked.

Being faster than the entire unboosted metagame,
Electrode? Not saying Electrode is super common, but this claim is way too sweeping as written that it makes it seem like you forgot about Electrode. Maybe just chuck in "aside from Electrode" somewhere in the sentence.

It also has problems with coverage that lead it to use Fire Blast due to a lack of better options.
"It's lack of options for coverage often lead Aerodactyl to use Fire Blast." Or something like that, this sentence as written is really choppy and repetitive.

Furthermore, it relies on Double-Edge as a staple offensive option, forcing it to take heavy recoil and leaving it vulnerable to being stalled out.
"Furthermore, its reliance on Double-Edge forces it to take heavy recoil and leaves it susceptible to being stalled out." Though I'd consider revising this sentence all together because taking recoil from Double-Edge doesn't have too much to do with being stalled out. Any Pokemon that can "stall it out" will probably just KO it, as virtually all of Aerodactyl's best answers have super effective STAB attacks.

Double-Edge acts as Aerodactyl's main form of STAB, allowing it to deal significant damage to physically weak threats, 2HKOing Kadabra and putting Dugtrio into Hyper Beam range.
Few issues with this sentence.
1) The grammar doesn't check out. "Main form of STAB" doesn't really make sense when you mentally replace STAB with same-type attack bonus.
2) Double-Edge isn't STAB? I think I know what you meant: Aerodactyl uses Double-Edge as other Pokemon use their STAB moves. But if that's what you meant, just write "Double-Edge is Aerodactyl's main attacking move." Much less confusing.
3) End the sentence after "threats." Then state, "Double-Edge notably 2HKOes Kadabra and puts Dugtrio into range for Hyper Beam" as the next sentence.
4) There is no need to write "threats." They're not threatening anything in this sentence. Just write "Pokemon." You do this a lot in your analyses and it gets pretty confusing.

Fire Blast carries a helpful 30% Burn chance, which can be utilized to scout for switches, as well as neuter Wrap's chip damage; it should be noted that burns have the added bonus of causing Wrap users to take more damage than they deal with it.
"Fire Blast is most useful for the 30% Burn chance, which can cripple physical attackers and cause Wrap users to take more damage than they can deal with Wrap." The sentence as written is just kind of confusing and overly lengthy.

Agility is helpful for ignoring the Speed drop from paralysis, but Toxic can be used to prevent a Wrap sweep from Agility + Wrap Dragonite.
Is Agility that good? I can't imagine too many scenarios where it would help, as you already outspeed everything and if you take paralysis, you'll have to use the move every time you switch in, which just isn't really practical. If you have evidence to the contrary, just ignore this comment.

Aerodactyl's main purpose during a game is to prevent Wrap cores from making progress while providing defensive support through its typing.
I thought Aerodactyl was more principally offensive, no? Isn't revenge killing more its speed? Like if you are using this thing to burn Wrap PP, you are going to find yourself in trouble, as you'll be taking unnecessary damage and be vulnerable to be taking Surf or Blizzard from Tentacruel or Dragonite. I think anti-Wrap is more a last resort, like when Tentacruel is already in Hyper Beam range or if you need to survive Dragonite's Agility onslaught.

Aerodactyl is also effective at coming in on Wrap pivots because of its Speed, taking advantage of frailer or chipped threats that attempt to make use of a safe switch-in.
I literally have no idea what this sentence means. Also, use "Pokemon" in place of "threats" please.

As a result, Aerodactyl serves as very effective Speed control in these situations, dictating the game state efficiently.
Cut the "dictating the game state efficiently." It is kind of just vague filler.

This resistance also allows Aerodactyl to find points of entry against Normal-type attackers like Kangaskhan, which have a lot of trouble hurting it without specific coverage options.
I'm not sure "this resistance" makes sense here. You just talked about the Ground "resistance" with respect to Dugtrio (which originates from Aerdactyl's Flying type) and now you are talking about the Normal "resistance" (which originates from the Rock type). These are two different resistances here. You can probably just say, "Aerodactyl's Rock typing also allows..." and so on.

Aerodactyl's Ground immunity makes it well-equipped for double switching too, allowing it to ease in Electric-types like Electabuzz through deterring the use of moves like Earthquake.
I'd probably mention Poison Types here too, namely Haunter, who benefit from the same thing. Raichu and Tentacruel also benefit.

This makes Aerodactyl suitable for teams that lead with Electabuzz, as its Thunder Wave opening is commonly counterplayed through switching in Dugtrio.
Just say "...as Dugtrio is fairly likely to switch in immediately." The reasoning is self-explanatory and "Thunder Wave opening" doesn't really mean anything.

Aerodactyl's main purpose during a game is to prevent Wrap cores from making progress while providing defensive support through its typing. This makes it work best early to mid-game, overall. Aerodactyl Normal resistance means it can switch in on Wrap with near-impunity, taking minimal damage while guaranteeing damage on the opposing Wrap user unless it switches out. Aerodactyl is also effective at coming in on Wrap pivots because of its Speed, taking advantage of frailer or chipped threats that attempt to make use of a safe switch-in. This especially to applies Dugtrio, considering that Aerodactyl is faster, survives two hits from Rock Slide, and can 2HKO it with Double-Edge + Hyper Beam. As a result, Aerodactyl serves as very effective Speed control in these situations, dictating the game state efficiently. This resistance also allows Aerodactyl to find points of entry against Normal-type attackers like Kangaskhan, which have a lot of trouble hurting it without specific coverage options. Aerodactyl's Ground immunity makes it well-equipped for double switching too, allowing it to ease in Electric-types like Electabuzz through deterring the use of moves like Earthquake. This makes Aerodactyl suitable for teams that lead with Electabuzz, as its Thunder Wave opening is commonly counterplayed through switching in Dugtrio.
I'd consider rewriting or reorganizing this paragraph to some extent. The sentences have little flow in there current order, so it kind of just seems like a list of facts about Aerodactyl instead of a logical sequences of events. Breaking it up into two paragraphs may also be worthwhile, so you can express what Aerodactyl checks in the first paragraph and what it pairs well with in the second.

Rest is the most relevant option, allowing Aerodactyl to serve a more defensive role while removing paralysis, ensuring it can maintain a defensive presence throughout a game. Considering Wrap deducts Sleep turns, it plays well into Aerodactyl's playstyle.
Note that using Rest runs the risk of Aerodactyl being Dragonite set-up fodder.

Alternatively, Sky Attack can be used as a method for OHKOing Kadabra, which isn't unfeasible if charged during a Recover turn, but its 2-turn nature and shaky accuracy make it unreliable and specific.
This is stated oddly. This makes it seem like Sky Attack is literally only usable against Kadabra and there is literally no other reason to use it. Doesn't it deal additional damage just in general? You can probably say something like that, and just mention Kadabra as a specific notable case. Hitting Haunter for real damage is also nice.

Aerodactyl can't scratch Rock-types at all—especially Omastar—while having weaknesses to almost every attack they commonly use. As a result, Aerodactyl invites these threats in just by existing and will be subsequently forced out.
While Omastar is probably Aerodactyl's worst matchup, Golem is barely any better. Golem still snags a 2HKO with a super effective STAB move and takes even less from Aerodactyl's physical moves. Golem should be mentioned by name.

**Water-types**
Gyarados should be mentioned by name and discussed in this section. Blizzard, Surf/Hydro Pump, and Thunderbolt all 2HKO and Aerodactyl can get a 4HKO at best without critical hits. Poliwrath and Dewgong could be named as well, but they are less important.

Checks and Counters
You missed a few checks/counters.
  • Dragonite beats Aerodactyl for the exact same reasons as Gyarados, with the added bonuses of access to Thunder Wave and Agility.
  • Haunter completely blanks Aerodactyl that aren't running Sky Attack, as Fire Blast is a possible 5HKO while Haunter's Thundrbolt is a clean 2HKO.
  • Articuno threatens a clean OHKO with Blizzard and is 4HKOed by Fire Blast (if you use Hyper Beam at then end, you get a negligible chance to 3HKO). And you can forget about doing anything if Articuno has used Agility already.
  • Electric-type Pokemon carry super effective STAB to pick off Aerodactyl. Raichu is especially notable as it can use Agility to outspeed Aerodactyl. The rare Electrode also just outspeeds it naturally and scores a clean 2HKO.
You can distribute these Pokemon into categories as you see fit, but I think they should all be mentioned.

That's all I have for now. I'll definitely be back with more comments in the future. I still need to work with this Pokemon more before I make any big judgement calls. Cheers!

Last edited:

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Implemented most of this stuff. A lot of this was stuff that should have been obvious but I just didn't write it in, hahaha...
1) The grammar doesn't check out. "Main form of STAB" doesn't really make sense when you mentally replace STAB with same-type attack bonus.
That's...embarrassing. I don't know why I wrote that :psycry:

Anyway, my main point of contention, as I believe there's a misunderstanding.
Cut the "dictating the game state efficiently." It is kind of just vague filler.
"Game state" is the situation you're in, during any given period during a game. I don't see how this is vague or even filler when applying it to Wrap, as everything beforehand is written to describe the game state at hand. It's a basic concept that everyone unconsciously thinks about. Game state can be anything from an advantageous to a disadvantageous situation, and this influences every option that a player does. If you're in an advantageous game state, you take fewer risks to maintain it. Would this not apply to Aerodactyl during Wrap? It's efficient because it doesn't require any setup to manipulate the game state that Wrap forces upon you.

I could rewrite the sentence to explain this, but it would be way more verbose than necessary. What do you think?

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd kind of like to keep the ball rolling on this by posing a question since I don't really have a lot of experience with Aerodactyl either, just watching some replays/playing against it a few times. Basically, I'm unsure about Aero's effectiveness in PP Stalling Wrap/being a good Pokemon for early/mid-game like you claim.

While I agree that it's nice to be able to switch in on Wrap, after that what happens? The two most common Wrap users in the meta are Tentacruel and Dragonite. Tent can potentially OHKO with Surf (and that's before Wrap/Double Edge recoil) and Dragonite does massive damage with Blizzard. So in the early/midgame, when Tent/Dragonite are near full health, what can Aero really do? It can't threaten a revenge kill with Hyper Beam, it can really only hope to take Wrap and then switch out. Maybe as part of an anti-Wrap core with Haunter (who you mention as a good partner due to the EQ immnity) I could see it, so I think you should emphasize that pairing if you're going to say it can PP stall Wrap. And I'd argue that because it can't really threaten Tent/Dragonite unless they're low on health, that makes Aero better in the late game. Like I said though, you're more experienced with Aero so I'd like to hear your response to that.

Also one other tiny thing, when you say Aero can KO *insert Pokemon* "from xx.x% onwards" I think it would be better to say that you mean from a max roll Hyper Beam. That wasn't 100% clear to me and personally I think including the calc for min roll Hyper Beam is better because you'd know it's a guaranteed KO rather than relying on a max roll.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
While I agree that it's nice to be able to switch in on Wrap, after that what happens? The two most common Wrap users in the meta are Tentacruel and Dragonite. Tent can potentially OHKO with Surf (and that's before Wrap/Double Edge recoil) and Dragonite does massive damage with Blizzard. So in the early/midgame, when Tent/Dragonite are near full health, what can Aero really do? It can't threaten a revenge kill with Hyper Beam, it can really only hope to take Wrap and then switch out. Maybe as part of an anti-Wrap core with Haunter (who you mention as a good partner due to the EQ immnity) I could see it, so I think you should emphasize that pairing if you're going to say it can PP stall Wrap. And I'd argue that because it can't really threaten Tent/Dragonite unless they're low on health, that makes Aero better in the late game. Like I said though, you're more experienced with Aero so I'd like to hear your response to that.
Effectively PP stalling Wrap has you switching between two Pokemon. As a result, Aerodactyl's resistance makes it effective. In this situation, the Wrap user has to switch out or they're forced into using Wrap again more often than not. I don't see how Tentacruel's threatened OHKO is relevant in this context until Aerodactyl goes in for the actual kill later in the game. I edited the text to emphasize that Aerodactyl requires a partner for this though, as I didn't preface the niche properly. This is generally the same concept as Omastar + Haunter/whatever, only you have a Pokemon that's fast enough to threaten past Wrap.

Also one other tiny thing, when you say Aero can KO *insert Pokemon* "from xx.x% onwards" I think it would be better to say that you mean from a max roll Hyper Beam. That wasn't 100% clear to me and personally I think including the calc for min roll Hyper Beam is better because you'd know it's a guaranteed KO rather than relying on a max roll.
I found it difficult to word the min+max roll without it being awkward to read, and ideally, I would want that. I'll do some thinking on how to do it, but if you have some kind of wording that can work, I'll definitely implement it. If I can't think anything up, I'll replace it with min roll.

Last edited:

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Effectively PP stalling Wrap has you switching between two Pokemon. As a result, Aerodactyl's resistance makes it effective. In this situation, the Wrap user has to switch out or they're forced into using Wrap again more often than not. I don't see how Tentacruel's threatened OHKO is relevant in this context until Aerodactyl goes in for the actual kill later in the game. I edited the text to emphasize that Aerodactyl requires a partner for this though, as I didn't preface the niche properly. This is generally the same concept as Omastar + Haunter/whatever, only you have a Pokemon that's fast enough to threaten past Wrap.
I think I understand more of what you mean now, gotcha. And I think it'll be easier for the reader to tell as well now that you've made the edit to say it requires Oma/Haunter/Vap.

I found it difficult to word the min+max roll without it being awkward to read, and ideally, I would want that. I'll do some thinking on how to do it, but if you have some kind of wording that can work, I'll definitely implement it. If I can't think anything up, I'll replace it with min roll.
Honestly I've been staring at it for awhile too and have been trying to word something good to come up with and I just can't at the moment lol. I guess just replace with the min roll.

QC 1/2

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
I think I understand more of what you mean now, gotcha. And I think it'll be easier for the reader to tell as well now that you've made the edit to say it requires Oma/Haunter/Vap.

Honestly I've been staring at it for awhile too and have been trying to word something good to come up with and I just can't at the moment lol. I guess just replace with the min roll.

QC 1/2
Implemented!

Volk

Demonstrably alive.
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Howdy all, I am alive. Demonstrably so. Let's see if we can get this QCed.

Aerodactyl is able to find a niche on anti-Wrap teams thanks to its exceptionally high speed, which allows it to check and revenge kill even some of the fastest Pokemon in the tier, like Dugtrio and Persian.
What is an "anti-Wrap team?" Is it a specific archetype that uses Pokemon resistant to Wrap, like Haunter and Omastar? If so, does Aerodactyl really fit on a team like that? If not, what is an "anti-Wrap team?" Is it any team designed to in some way circumvent Wrap? Because if that's the case, you kind of just described 99% of viable UU teams, as a team unequipped to handle Wrap (Tentacruel) is pretty much bad by default. I don't think we can expect new players to know what this means, especially if I am not sure. Either specify this, or just remove "on anti-Wrap teams" from the sentence.

This speed gives it an incredible 25.39% critical hit rate while making it difficult to pin down with Wrap.
Chuck in the word "also" after the word "while."

The utility this brings cannot be understated: the Normal resistance provides it with the ability to PP stall Wrap, dissuade Explosion and force recharges from Hyper Beam.
I think you can cut "The utility this brings cannot be understated" from this sentence. It isn't really doing anything and makes Aerodactyl sound a lot better than he is. Aerodactyl is good for sure, but that is the kind of wording I'd use to describe something like Tentacruel's Wrap, Hypno's Hypnosis, or Dragonite's Agility.

These two traits limit Aerodactyl's damage output by quite a bit.
What are "these two traits?" Is the first the lack of STAB options and the second a small move pool? Aren't those kind of the same thing?

Aerodactyl is extremely reliant on its Speed as well, making paralysis a near-death sentence, once again forcing it out if it can't KO the user first.
I'm a little confused by the last part of this sentence. Are you saying Aerodactyl will switch out once it is paralyzed? If so, I'm not even really sure if that's true. Once Aerodactyl is paralyzed, it loses a lot of utility, and I mean a lot. You probably are not going to be able to get Aerodactyl back in safely, so I think a paralyzed Aerodactyl is more likely to be death fodder for a switch in, maybe throwing out a Hail Mary Hyper Beam on the way out. Additionally, it may be worth noting Aerodactyl's vulnerability to Body Slam Paralysis. I figured Aerodactyl would check Kangaskhan pretty well, but it kind of doesn't just because the risk of Paralysis really discourages Aerodactyl from participating in such an interaction. Basically, the best attribute of Aerodactyl is speed and everything else is secondary.

name: Offensive Speed Control (It's an odd name, but not much else accurately describes its purpose...)
move 4: Agility / Toxic
I think Toxic should be discussed before Agility.

Agility is helpful for ignoring the Speed drop from paralysis, but Toxic can be used to prevent a Wrap sweep from Agility + Wrap Dragonite.
Break this into two sentences. This wording is just kind of odd.

Aerodactyl's main purpose during a game is to revenge kill Pokemon and prevent Wrap cores from making progress, all while providing defensive support through its typing. This is best facilitated by the use of partners that resist Wrap, such as Haunter, Vaporeon, and Omastar. Overall, this culminates into a hit-and-run playstyle that makes it work best early to mid-game. Aerodactyl's resistance to Normal-type attacks and high Speed means it can switch in on Wrap with near-impunity, taking minimal damage while guaranteeing damage on the opposing Wrap user should Aerodactyl stay in. Aerodactyl also happens to switch in well against Pokemon that use their teammate's Wrap to switch in freely, such as Dugtrio and Persian. This makes it a good response to these switch-ins, coming in during the same turn as them. Overall, Aerodactyl serves as very effective Speed control in these situations, dictating the game state efficiently by denying the opposing team's momentum.
Okay, I have a lot to say about this paragraph. This might be a case of two players using the same Pokemon differently, but this paragraph doesn't describe the way I use Aerodactyl. I think throwing Aerodactyl on dedicated defense teams is kind of a misuse of its talents. Aerodactyl, as you said, is a revenge killer, first and foremost. I think Aerodactyl pairs much better with fast attackers, wall breakers, and pivots. Pokemon like these are helpful for making openings for Aerodactyl so it can hit and switch out throughout the entire match. As such, I find Aerodactyl to be quite a lot more useful in the mid-to-late game, not the early game. Everything after the sentence that talks about the early to mid-game is fine.
Also, I want to note that anti-Wrap cores, like Haunter + Omastar teams, really just aren't that popular. Those teams are just too slow and way too vulnerable to teams with one wall breaker or two or more sweepers. Defensive teams aren't all that common, and the few that work tend to focus more on stuff like Agility users (namely Articuno) or more status-oriented Pokemon like Tangela.
Finally, Vaporeon does not resist Wrap.

This makes it a good response to these switch-ins, coming in during the same turn as them.
Okay, so I wasn't done with this paragraph yet. This line doesn't make sense as it is worded. Try "This makes it a good response to these switch-ins, especially if it comes in the same turn as them." It may also be worth noting that some form of prediction is taking place here, i.e. you need to guess when the opposing Wrapper will decide to switch.

Aerodactyl's Ground immunity makes it well-equipped for double switching, allowing it to ease in Electric-types like Electabuzz, as well as Haunter, through deterring the use of moves like Earthquake.
It can help Tentacruel in as well, to some extent.

However, Haunter is severely damaged by Sky Attack and will be forced out if it can't put Aerodactyl to sleep —or otherwise KO it— during the charge turn.
I think this can be simplified a bit. You can probably just say, "Haunter must be wary of Sky Attack, however."

While it can survive Surf from Vaporeon and Tentacruel from full HP, Double-Edge's recoil means it will almost never be in a situation where it can make use of it.
This sentence falsely implies that Aerodactyl is 2HKOed by Tentacruel; Tentacruel can OHKO 28.2% of the time.

Gyarados can also 2HKO Aerodactyl with Surf or Thunderbolt.
Gyarados seldom runs Surf, usually preferring Blizzard or Hydro Pump. Blizzard 2HKOes like Surf and Thunderbolt. Hydro Pump, however, is quite notable as it sports a 89.7% chance to just OHKO Aerodactyl. This all being said, I would probably still mention Surf (and Thunderbolt obviously), but Hydro Pump and Blizzard should be mentioned as well.

It should be noted that Aerodactyl can greatly hinder Tentacruel's Wrap spam through its resistance and Speed though, which can often be taken advantage of by using the situation to bring in Aerodactyl's own Water-type teammates.
This sentence can just be cut. You have already mentioned how Aerodactyl can come in on Wrap from time to time. Moreover, in a vacuum, this is a losing situation for Aerodactyl. Even if Aerodactyl gets a critical hit Hyper Beam, an Aerodactyl that switches into full health Tentacruel using Wrap will almost certainly faint.

Aerodactyl's main strength in RBY UU is its Speed, and as a result, paralysis is the bane of its existence.
"Aerodactyl's main strength in RBY UU is its Speed so paralysis is the bane of its existence."

Due to this, unless Aerodactyl can take out an opposing paralysis inducer—like Electabuzz or Hypno—it's forced to switch out.
Get rid of "Due to this."

**Paralysis Inducers**
Mention Body Slam Paralysis (namely from Kangaskhan and Dodrio) somewhere in this paragraph.

Articuno takes middling damage from Aerodactyl's options outside of Fire Blast, can boost itself to become faster through Agility, OHKOes it with Blizzard.
Add the word "and" before "OHKOes."

It can use Agility to outspeed and 2HKO Aerodactyl with Blizzard, and doesn't take much damage from its attacks.
Thunderbolt also 2HKOes Aerodactyl. Add the word "it" before the word "doesn't."

That is all for now. Let me know when these changes are implemented and you can expect a QC soon. Cheers!

Last edited:

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
What is an "anti-Wrap team?" Is it a specific archetype that uses Pokemon resistant to Wrap, like Haunter and Omastar? If so, does Aerodactyl really fit on a team like that? If not, what is an "anti-Wrap team?" Is it any team designed to in some way circumvent Wrap? Because if that's the case, you kind of just described 99% of viable UU teams, as a team unequipped to handle Wrap (Tentacruel) is pretty much bad by default. I don't think we can expect new players to know what this means, especially if I am not sure. Either specify this, or just remove "on anti-Wrap teams" from the sentence.
This was horrible wording on my part. I meant "cores" rather than teams. I've changed it to that.

I'm a little confused by the last part of this sentence. Are you saying Aerodactyl will switch out once it is paralyzed? If so, I'm not even really sure if that's true. Once Aerodactyl is paralyzed, it loses a lot of utility, and I mean a lot. You probably are not going to be able to get Aerodactyl back in safely, so I think a paralyzed Aerodactyl is more likely to be death fodder for a switch in, maybe throwing out a Hail Mary Hyper Beam on the way out. Additionally, it may be worth noting Aerodactyl's vulnerability to Body Slam Paralysis. I figured Aerodactyl would check Kangaskhan pretty well, but it kind of doesn't just because the risk of Paralysis really discourages Aerodactyl from participating in such an interaction. Basically, the best attribute of Aerodactyl is speed and everything else is secondary.
It's exactly what it says on the tin: when faced with a paralysis inducer, Aerodactyl is forced out unless it can KO the user before they get the chance to do the deed. I've increased the clarity, though.

On the note of vulnerability to Body Slam paralysis, I've chucked that in too.

Okay, I have a lot to say about this paragraph. This might be a case of two players using the same Pokemon differently, but this paragraph doesn't describe the way I use Aerodactyl. I think throwing Aerodactyl on dedicated defense teams is kind of a misuse of its talents. Aerodactyl, as you said, is a revenge killer, first and foremost. I think Aerodactyl pairs much better with fast attackers, wall breakers, and pivots. Pokemon like these are helpful for making openings for Aerodactyl so it can hit and switch out throughout the entire match. As such, I find Aerodactyl to be quite a lot more useful in the mid-to-late game, not the early game. Everything after the sentence that talks about the early to mid-game is fine.
It absolutely can be used in this way! I've implemented the idea of using more offensive threats to support it.

Also, I want to not that anti-Wrap cores, like Haunter + Omastar teams, really just aren't that popular. Those teams are just too slow and way to vulnerable to teams with one wall breaker or two or more sweepers. Defensive teams aren't all that common, and the few that work tend to focus more on stuff like Agility users (namely Articuno) or more status-oriented Pokemon like Tangela.
Aerodactyl can outright replace either Pokemon in that example - at least on teams that call for it - and greatly speed up the core, which is partly what drew me to it. It's definitely something that needs developing in the tier though, it's mostly theorymon. While Haunter + Omastar isn't popular, it's far from bad. I'd argue people have been underselling it as of late.

Finally, Vaporeon does not resist Wrap.
Poor wording again on my part again, thanks for catching that. :facepalm:

In my head, I was trying to say Vaporeon is an excellent absorber of Wrap because of its bulk. It kind of acts as a pseudo-resist for many teams, if you catch my drift? Think like Chansey being used as a pseudo-resist for special moves in OU. With that said, I've added clarity to this through some rewording.

--

The rest has been implemented.

EB0LA

Banned deucer.
Add somewhere its fire blast can be good to better assist cruel by burning things that can't get poisoned. Such as Cruel or Haunter (works cool on the switch in), or just how Brn is good in general to assist Cruel. It's prob the best Brn spreader around. **QC 2/2 (3/2?) :)**

Last edited:

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Add somewhere its fire blast can be good to better assist cruel by burning things that can't get poisoned. Such as Cruel or Haunter (works cool on the switch in), or just how Brn is good in general to assist Cruel. It's prob the best Brn spreader around. **QC 2/2 (3/2?) :)**
Implemented, chucking into the GP queue once I've got round to Venomoth.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC)/(RC): Add/Remove Comma

[OVERVIEW]

Aerodactyl is able to find a niche on anti-Wrap cores thanks to its exceptionally high Speed, which allows it to check and revenge kill even some of the fastest Pokemon in the tier, like Dugtrio and Persian. This Speed gives it an incredible 25.39% critical hit rate while also making it difficult to pin down with Wrap. Aerodactyl also has an amazing defensive typing, which provides it with immunity to Earthquake and resistance to Normal-type attacks, granting it great synergy with physically frail Pokemon like Electabuzz and Raichu. Finally, Aerodactyl's Normal resistance provides it with the ability allows it to PP stall Wrap, dissuade Explosion, (AC) and force recharges from Hyper Beam.

However, Aerodactyl comes with a slew of problems. It's hindered severely by a lack of STAB options, with its sole effective semi-functional (nitpicky/subjective but idk that id call sky attack effective. Feel free to use another word) one being the mediocre Sky Attack. This extends to the rest of its offensive movepool, often leading Aerodactyl to use Fire Blast. Overall, these movepool issues limit Aerodactyl's damage output by quite a bit. Furthermore, its reliance on Double-Edge forces it to take heavy recoil and leaves it susceptible to knocking itself into KO range, severely limiting its defensive use throughout a game. Defensively, Aerodactyl is very frail on the special side specially, taking massive damage from Surf and Blizzard, both very common attacks in the tier. As a result, Aerodactyl it will struggle against threats like its extinct brethren Omastar (RC) and often get forced out. Aerodactyl is extremely reliant on its Speed as well, making paralysis a near death (removed hyphen) sentence, once again forcing it out if it can't KO the user before it gets paralyzed. This is further amplified by the risk of Body Slam paralyzing it, (semicolon -> comma) this which makes what would otherwise be a switch-in opportunity a dangerous game to play.

[SET]
name: Offensive Speed Control Speed Utility (talked about on disc)

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Description
=========

Double-Edge acts as Aerodactyl's main attacking move, allowing it to deal significant damage to physically weak Pokemon. Double-Edge notably 2HKOes Kadabra and puts Dugtrio into range for Hyper Beam. Hyper Beam allows Aerodactyl to revenge kill opposing Pokemon very effectively, KOing Tentacruel from 40.2% onwards. Fire Blast is most useful for the 30% burn chance, which can incapacitate physical attackers and cause Wrap users to take more damage than they can deal when using it. Toxic can be used to prevent a Wrap sweep from Agility + Wrap Dragonite, but Agility is helpful for ignoring the Speed drop from paralysis. Fire Blast works well with this Toxic, (if you meant smth else, pls clarify) as burning Haunter and Tentacruel—which are immune to Toxic—allows your own Tentacruel to further chip them using Wrap.

Aerodactyl's main purpose during a game is to revenge kill Pokemon and prevent Wrap cores from making progress, all while providing defensive support through its typing. This is best facilitated by the use of partners that, (AC) like Aerodactyl, (all that = subjective package deal) take minimal damage from Wrap, such as Haunter, Omastar, (AC) and Vaporeon. Alternatively, Aerodactyl can be fit onto teams with offensive Pokemon that can give it openings to sweep like Persian, Kangaskhan, (AC) and Dragonite. Overall, this culminates into a hit-and-run playstyle that makes it work best early to early- or mid-game.

Aerodactyl's resistance to Normal-type attacks and high Speed means it can switch in on Wrap with near-impunity, taking minimal damage while guaranteeing damage on the opposing Wrap user should Aerodactyl stay in. Aerodactyl also happens to switch in well against Pokemon that use their teammate's Wrap to switch in freely, such as Dugtrio and Persian. This makes it a good response to these switch-ins with good prediction, especially if it comes in the same turn as them. Overall, Aerodactyl serves as very effective Speed control in these situations, means to check these fast threats, ("in these situations" made this clause a bit redundant. If it doesn't make sense with my change, we can work smth out) dictating the game state efficiently by denying the opposing team's momentum.

Aerodactyl's Ground immunity makes it well-equipped for double switching, allowing it to ease in Electric-types like Electabuzz, as well as Haunter and Tentacruel, through deterring the use of moves like Earthquake. This makes Aerodactyl suitable for teams that lead with Electabuzz, as Dugtrio is fairly likely to switch in immediately, and Aerodactyl can KO Dugtrio with Double-Edge + Hyper Beam. Since Aerodactyl is thoroughly debilitated by paralysis, it appreciates having a Ground-type teammate like Dugtrio or Golem to switch in on Thunder Wave and maintain momentum.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Aerodactyl's 4th fourth move slot is the most expendable, and while its movepool is very limited, this isn't to say there aren't options. Rest is the most relevant option, allowing Aerodactyl to serve a more defensive role while removing paralysis, ensuring it can maintain a defensive presence throughout a game. Considering Wrap deducts sleep turns, it Rest plays well into Aerodactyl's playstyle. However, this Rest also makes it easy setup fodder for Dragonite. Alternatively, Sky Attack can be used to hit Haunter and OHKO Kadabra, which isn't unfeasible if it's charged during a Recover turn in Kadabra's case, but its 2-turn two turn nature and shaky accuracy make it unreliable and specific.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Rock-types**: Aerodactyl can't scratch Rock-types at all—especially Omastar and Golem—while having weaknesses Golem—and is weak to almost every attack they commonly use. As a result, Aerodactyl invites these threats in just by existing and will be subsequently forced out.

**Haunter**: Haunter is immune to Aerodactyl's main attacking options and takes minimal damage from Fire Blast. As if this wasn't enough, it 2HKOes Aerodactyl with Thunderbolt. The best Aerodactyl can offer against it is a potential burn, which makes its Explosion pitifully weak. However, Haunter must be wary of Sky Attack.

**Water-types**: Aerodactyl takes heavy damage from any viable Water-type's STAB Surf. While it can survive Surf from Vaporeon at full HP, Double-Edge's recoil means it will almost never be in a situation where it can make use of it. This also makes Tentacruel's 28.2% chance to OHKO Aerodactyl with Surf much more imposing. Gyarados can 2HKO Aerodactyl with Surf or Thunderbolt, or even OHKO with Hydro Pump 89.7% of the time. However, Aerodactyl is very capable of revenge killing Water-types not named Omastar through Hyper Beam.

**Paralysis Inducers**: Aerodactyl's main strength in RBY UU is its Speed, so paralysis is the bane of its existence. This It will force Aerodactyl to use Agility to remain in control, assuming it is running it, which can be very difficult to set up reliably and leaves it open to exploitation from Pokemon like Dragonite. Unless Aerodactyl can take out an opposing paralysis inducer—like Electabuzz or Hypno—it's opposing paralysis inducers like Electabuzz and Hypno, it's (making sure it isn't read as "buzz and hypno are the paralysis inducers you are capable of taking out. If you did mean that, you should say it a bit more explicitly that aero can take these particular inducers out) forced to switch out. It should be noted that they're KOed by Hyper Beam from 47.1% and 37.5% onwards, respectively. Raichu can notably use Agility to outspeed Aerodactyl and 2HKO it with Thunderbolt. Electrode can do the same, only it's naturally faster, making matters worse. Body Slam's paralysis chance can also make checking Pokemon like Kangaskhan and Dodrio much riskier than it should be, making what would normally be a valid point of entry a potential death sentence.

**Articuno**: Articuno takes middling damage from Aerodactyl's options outside of Fire Blast, can boost itself to become faster than it through Agility, and OHKOes it with Blizzard. If it's used Agility, Aerodactyl can't do anything.

**Dragonite**: While a Toxic or even burn from Aerodactyl will completely stuff its chances of a Wrap sweep, Dragonite is more than capable of beating Aerodactyl. It can use Agility to outspeed and 2HKO Aerodactyl with Blizzard or Thunderbolt, and it doesn't take much damage from its attacks. It also has access to Thunder Wave, which incapacitates Aerodactyl and makes it much more vulnerable to Wrap.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429], [, ]]

GP 1/2

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove add / fix (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 2/2
[OVERVIEW]

Aerodactyl is able to find a niche on anti-Wrap cores thanks to its exceptionally high Speed, which allows it to check and revenge kill even some of the fastest Pokemon in the tier, like Dugtrio and Persian. This Speed gives it an incredible 25.39% critical hit rate while also making it difficult to pin down with Wrap. Aerodactyl also has an amazing defensive typing, which that provides it with immunity to Earthquake and resistance to Normal-type attacks, granting it great synergy with physically frail Pokemon like Electabuzz and Raichu. Finally, Aerodactyl's Normal resistance allows it to PP stall Wrap, dissuade Explosion, and force recharges from Hyper Beam.

However, Aerodactyl comes with a slew of problems. It's hindered severely by a lack of STAB options, with its sole semi-functional one being the mediocre Sky Attack. This extends to the rest of its offensive movepool, often leading Aerodactyl to use Fire Blast. Overall, these movepool issues limit Aerodactyl's damage output by quite a bit. Furthermore, its reliance on Double-Edge forces it to take heavy recoil and leaves it susceptible to knocking itself into KO range, severely limiting its defensive use throughout a game. Defensively, Aerodactyl is very frail specially, taking massive damage from Surf and Blizzard, both very common attacks in the tier. As a result, it will struggle against threats like its extinct brethren Omastar and often get forced out. Aerodactyl is extremely reliant on its Speed as well, making paralysis a near-death (AH) sentence, once again forcing it out if it can't KO the user before it gets paralyzed. This is further amplified by the risk of Body Slam paralyzing it, which makes what would otherwise be a switch-in opportunity a dangerous game to play.

[SET]
name: Speed Utility

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Description
=========

Double-Edge acts as Aerodactyl's main attacking move, allowing it to deal significant damage to physically weak Pokemon. Double-Edge notably 2HKOes Kadabra and puts Dugtrio into range for Hyper Beam. Hyper Beam allows Aerodactyl to revenge kill opposing Pokemon very effectively, KOing Tentacruel from 40.2% (i still gotta get back to you on those percentages) onwards. Fire Blast is most useful for the 30% (dex info, do "significant" if anything, more practical) burn chance, which can incapacitate physical attackers and cause Wrap users to take more damage than they can deal when using it. Toxic can be used to prevent a Wrap sweep from Agility + Wrap Dragonite, but Agility is helpful for ignoring the Speed drop from paralysis. Fire Blast works well with Toxic, as burning Haunter and Tentacruel—which are immune to it—allows your own Tentacruel to further chip them using Wrap.

Aerodactyl's main purpose during a game is to revenge kill Pokemon and prevent Wrap cores from making progress, all while providing defensive support through its typing. This is best facilitated by the use of partners that, like Aerodactyl, take minimal damage from Wrap, such as Haunter, Omastar, and Vaporeon. Alternatively, Aerodactyl can be fit onto teams with offensive Pokemon that can give it openings to sweep like Persian, Kangaskhan, and Dragonite. Overall, this culminates into a hit-and-run playstyle that makes it work well, be it early- or late-game.

Aerodactyl's resistance to Normal-type attacks and high Speed means mean it can switch in on Wrap with near-impunity, taking minimal damage while guaranteeing damage on the opposing Wrap user should Aerodactyl stay in. Aerodactyl also happens to switch in well against Pokemon that use their teammate's Wrap to switch in freely, such as Dugtrio and Persian. This makes it a good response to these switch-ins with good prediction, especially if it comes in the same turn as them. Overall, Aerodactyl serves as very effective means to check these fast threats, dictating the game state efficiently by denying the opposing team momentum.

Aerodactyl's Ground immunity makes it well equipped (RH) for double switching, allowing it to ease in Electric-types like Electabuzz, as well as Haunter and Tentacruel, through deterring the use of Earthquake. This makes Aerodactyl suitable for teams that lead with Electabuzz, as Dugtrio is fairly likely to switch in immediately, and Aerodactyl can KO Dugtrio with Double-Edge + Hyper Beam. Since Aerodactyl is thoroughly debilitated by paralysis, it appreciates having a Ground-type teammate like Dugtrio or Golem to switch in on Thunder Wave and maintain momentum.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Aerodactyl's fourth move slot is the most expendable, and while its movepool is very limited, this isn't to say there aren't options. Rest is the most relevant option, allowing Aerodactyl to serve a more defensive role while removing paralysis, ensuring it can maintain a defensive presence throughout a game. Considering Wrap deducts sleep turns, Rest plays well into Aerodactyl's playstyle. However, Rest also makes it easy setup fodder for Dragonite. Alternatively, Sky Attack can be used to hit Haunter and OHKO Kadabra, which isn't unfeasible if it's charged during a Recover turn in Kadabra's case, but its two-turn (AH) nature and shaky accuracy make it unreliable and specific.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Rock-types**: Aerodactyl can't scratch Rock-types at all—especially Omastar and Golem—and is weak to almost every attack they commonly use. As a result, Aerodactyl invites these threats in just by existing and will be subsequently forced out.

**Haunter**: Haunter is immune to Aerodactyl's main attacking options and takes minimal damage from Fire Blast. As if this wasn't weren't enough, it 2HKOes Aerodactyl with Thunderbolt. The best Aerodactyl can offer against it is a potential burn, which makes its Explosion pitifully weak. However, Haunter must be wary of Sky Attack.

**Water-types**: Aerodactyl takes heavy damage from any viable Water-type's STAB Surf. While it can survive Surf from Vaporeon at full HP, Double-Edge's recoil means it will almost never be in a situation where it can make use of it. This also makes Tentacruel's 28.2% chance to OHKO Aerodactyl with Surf much more imposing. Gyarados can 2HKO Aerodactyl with Surf or Thunderbolt (RC) or even OHKO it with Hydro Pump 89.7% of the time. However, Aerodactyl is very capable of revenge killing Water-types not named Omastar through Hyper Beam. (these percentages here also are too specific to be practical)

**Paralysis**: Aerodactyl's main strength in RBY UU is its Speed, so paralysis is the bane of its existence. It will force Aerodactyl to use Agility to remain in control, assuming it is running it, which can be very difficult to set up reliably and leaves it open to exploitation from Pokemon like Dragonite. Unless Aerodactyl can take out opposing paralysis inducers like Electabuzz and Hypno, it's forced to switch out. It should be noted that they're KOed by Hyper Beam from 47.1% and 37.5% onwards, respectively. Raichu can notably use Agility to outspeed Aerodactyl and 2HKO it with Thunderbolt. Electrode can do the same, only it's naturally faster, making and its naturally higher Speed makes matters worse. Body Slam's paralysis chance can also make checking Pokemon like Kangaskhan and Dodrio much riskier than it should be, making what would normally be a valid point of entry a potential death sentence.

**Articuno**: Articuno takes middling damage from Aerodactyl's options outside of Fire Blast, can boost itself to become faster than it through Agility, and OHKOes it with Blizzard. If it's Articuno has used Agility, Aerodactyl can't do anything.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429], [, ]]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)