AFD Monotype

Status
Not open for further replies.

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After reflecting on how things have developed over the last 9-12 months with the ORAS Monotype meta, it is time for us to correct some things.

Pokemon is meant to be a fun game, and the Monotype meta should be equally as fun. Recently, the council have thought long and hard about this and we think many of the problems we have derive from a banlist that doesn't match the way Monotype should be played. I know you guys might think we're crazy, but the whole point of Monotype is to have the top types completely dominate over the weaker ones. Losing while playing with a crappy type has been around since Monotype was created, there is no reason we should continue ignoring that.

From now on we're going to adopt a banlist that builds from the one used by PO. Observe that I said "builds from", not mimics or copies. Overall, the council thinks type bans shouldn't be allowed, but we do like the direction they've taken the Monotype meta. Listed below, you will find the changes that will be implemented without a suspect test. Some of these changes might be a bit surprising, but we think this will lead to a more fun meta!

All changes you see below were unanimously agreed to by the council. We're going to wait until the new stats release to implement the changes so TI can push the changes from standard tiers at the same time.

– Talonflame is now unbanned.
– Aegislash is now unbanned.
– The council, especially scpinion, drew inspiration from this video when making the above decisions.
– Charizard-Mega-X is unbanned.
– Charizard-Mega-Y is banned.
Drought is too good
– Genesect is unbanned.
– Flying is going to be very good, so this will let bug check it
– Mega-Altaria is unbanned.

You're welcome to discuss these changes here, but please keep it geared toward how the metagame will change. This is the metagame discussion thread.
DO NOT POST YOUR OPINION ON HOW TO CHANGE THE MONOTYPE TIERING PHILOSOPHY! If you would like to express those opinions, please do so in a pm with the council.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
too far with the ban on charizardite y. The post just says something about drought, but it has 2 new megas to compete with which were both banned previously and no buffs to drought at all. If for no other reason, I'm gonna call April fool's although announcing a major change at such a suspicious time during mpl and before the upcoming sun and moon in half a year should've been proof enough.

scpinion , when are we suspecting aegislash on steel based on how good the reasoning is for the paragraph we pm to you? I will not accept the results unless there are only 3 valid suspect votes, one of which being a useless abstain vote.

also the zardy ban was based on a global drought ban, ban droughtales and unban smooth/damp rock #MakeSSWaterGreatAgain

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Omg you guys if you seriously dont think this is an April fools joke then you have problems as there is no way in hell we are unbanning Talonflame and Mega Altaria Enjoy these mons until April 1.

F.Y.I if you wanna do a good joke dont copy OU from last year ;)

Edit: From now on dont believe what any mods say, of course they are gonna say its not a joke. Too drastic of a change especially after everyone agreed that ORAS mono was balanced and stabilized the way it was before Hoopa-U suspect.

Last edited:
After reflecting on how things have developed over the last 9-12 months with the ORAS Monotype meta, it is time for us to correct some things.

Pokemon is meant to be a fun game, and the Monotype meta should be equally as fun. Recently, the council have thought long and hard about this and we think many of the problems we have derive from a banlist that doesn't match the way Monotype should be played. I know you guys might think we're crazy, but the whole point of Monotype is to have the top types completely dominate over the weaker ones. Losing while playing with a crappy type has been around since Monotype was created, there is no reason we should continue ignoring that.

From now on we're going to adopt a banlist that builds from the one used by PO. Observe that I said "builds from", not mimics or copies. Overall, the council thinks type bans shouldn't be allowed, but we do like the direction they've taken the Monotype meta. Listed below, you will find the changes that will be implemented without a suspect test. Some of these changes might be a bit surprising, but we think this will lead to a more fun meta!

All changes you see below were unanimously agreed to by the council. We're going to wait until the new stats release to implement the changes so TI can push the changes from standard tiers at the same time.

– The council, especially scpinion, drew inspiration from this video when making the above decisions.
Drought is too good
– Genesect is unbanned.

You're welcome to discuss these changes here, but please keep it geared toward how the metagame will change. This is the metagame discussion thread.
DO NOT POST YOUR OPINION ON HOW TO CHANGE THE MONOTYPE TIERING PHILOSOPHY! If you would like to express those opinions, please do so in a pm with the council.
He's joking, right? Anyways, I'll write based on this, joke or no joke.

I'm extremely surprised by this decision and some of the reasoning behind it, but I can't say I disagree with all of it. There's a few things though I definitely want to touch up on.

Firstly, why was Mega Charizard Y banned? It was perfectly fine as it was, and its being banned for no apparent reason...?

Secondly, why was Talonflame unbanned? Grass has a hard enough time as it is in this metagame, and Fighting is now gonna cringe vs Fire, and Bug has no switchin to that as it is. Just.. why exactly clarify why that was decided because it wasn't really explained.

Thirdly, glad Aegislash is back, but on Steel? Erm, idk about that, all I can say is we'll wait and see.

Honestly a couple of these are great, but, it almost completely reversed what we progressed towards, all the hard work is all gone, and things are reverted close to how they were in the beginning of ORAS.

Drought is too good
– Genesect is unbanned.

Am I the only one who recognizes this as PO banlist ;O
shame on you all

BlackJak

formerly Balanced Break
Lol. Y'all really had me with these bans on some OD August 2014 Super DarkJak ladder attack. I was dead ass about to paint the ladder with 10 Alts no funny on some gang stuff. Was finna summon the Talonflame Fire team, Greninja water, scarf dark(shoutout mega pika head ass) Generic Fly featuring Feen and Ant, alt Typical King DDD Altaria dragon and flying, and last of all that Genesect bug and gene aegi steel Ebola fam.If yall want to help a former old savage regain his rightfully deserved ladder thrones and shoot out the current ladder ops, then please support these patrons.

Www.petitions.com/FREETALONFLAME
www.patron.com/FREEGRENINJA
www.petitions.com/FREEFLUFFALTARIA
www.petitions.com/FREESNOOPYSORDAEGI
www.petitions.com/FREEGENESECT2016

hahahahelp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)