Battle Stadium After Battling for some time

Hello, I am back with another team. The concept of this team was to be as flexible as possible with anything I battle. I am open to any and all changes so please don't hold back on what you will changed. Some points I would like to add is that dynamaxing is sooooo op that it is hard to win every battle. There are times that I have bring the right 3 Pokemon, but lose because my opponent dynamax at the right time. This seems to be my main problem. Also, another thing that I struggle is finding the best leads in battle preview. There are times that I over think and there are times that I don't think enough, but its hard because each opponent is different. Anyways here is my team.

:ss/Dragapult:

Dragapult (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
Level: 50
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 140 Def / 4 SpD / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Acrobatics
- Steel Wing

Finding the best Dragapult took a whole lot of time. I realized that Dragapult can be used in so many ways I had endless options to choose. I chose this set because I wanted to be over power. I would like Dragapult to sweep all the time. The weakness policy gives me what I need. The goal is to dynamax and use acrobatics to boost my speed. If weakness policy was activate when my turn ends I should have +2 in attack and +1 in speed. One thing I notice is that I don't use my Dragapult enough the way I want to. I am trying to figure how to use it more, but I haven't have any luck.

:ss/Mimikyu:

Mimikyu (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Phantom Force
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Ok so back to the basic set of Mimikyu. This Pokemon is really reliable when you need it to be. I often wan to lead with it, but choose not to because it just saw so good at end game. I also notice that I put Mimikyu in battles when I'm unsure if I am going to win the battle. I have try many sets but I think this is the most comfortable one in trying to be flexible with the meta game. One thing I hate is the share typing with Dragapult. Its hard to bring those two Pokemon without someone having a counter to ghost types.

:ss/Togekiss:

Togekiss (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Trick

I have been trying to use this Pokemon forever and now I have the chance to use it. The only problem I had with it was item syndrome. My first though was to use the weakness policy on it, but Mimikyu took that away. The next item I thought was weakness policy, but forgot Dragapult was using it. After that I was low on options and the flexibility I wanted wasn't guarantee without those two items. I chose the choice scarf because I wanted to use trick so I can mess some Pokemon setups. TBH probably the best lead on my team behind Excadrill.

:ss/Snorlax:

Snorlax (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch

Adding Snorlax to the team was tough at first. I am not a fan of the normal typing because it is not hitting anything super effective. Also, the type of Snorlax I see online in Pokemon Sword always g-max after belly drumming. I really wanted to use that set, but I was turn off when my Conkeldurr was not being OHKO after a +6 stab normal move hits it while it was dynamax. I chose this set because it offered some flexibility and I don't have to reliant on the g-max to save the day.

:ss/Excadrill:

Excadrill (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Tomb
- Swords Dance

As each day passes I have come more to a conclusion this is the best set to run Excadrill. I understand why people choose the sand rush but in order for that to work you need to bring another Pokemon for support or it needs to dynamax. Rock tomb is always the thing people don't want on their team because their are better moves. The speed drop from rock tomb is to valuable to the point that I can get rid of it. I made my opponent switch out after it dynamax on the first turn because the speed was crucial for his win.

:ss/Rotom-Wash:

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse

I really really love this Rotom set. To me this Rotom can do anything in the game. The evs are spread like this so it can take one hit before it starts destroying teams. I originally had will o wisp but I didn't want to be wall out by these water/ground type Pokemon. There is some investment in the speed so I can out-speed a certain amount of Pokemon. I chose the Sitrus berry over the 1/3 restore berries because one hit is not putting Rotom health at risk unless it is super effective.

Anyways here is my team and I hope you guys like it.

https://pokepast.es/8f1eac302818b282

The team looks fine on first glance. Of course it's hard not to be solid when you arguably have the six best pokemon in SWSH BSS on the same team. Gen 8 is definitely a meta where it is less about teambuilding beyond a certain point since just building goodstuffs is generally solid. The question then is what elevates that beyond just slapping on standard sets and calling it a day. I like the Togekiss set, I do think Trick Specs/Scarf is underrated in the current meta and your team does need some sort of speed control.

In terms of stuff this team kind of is bad against, Quagsire and Galarian Darmanitan spring to mind. Yes there are options vs. Darm, but they definitely put you in the disadvantage from lead. It is kind of inevitable you will have to make some plays.

I do think Heat Crash is generally better on Snorlax and is the preferred move on AV since it does more damage to Ferrothorn and Corviknight overall and you aren't going to be doing much anyways if they Dynamax. Similarly you might want to consider Will-o-Wisp over Steel wing on Dragapult and Discharge over Tbolt on Rotom-W as these selections offer more utility in game whilst producing similar purpose.

I do think overall there isn't too much to say, that if you are finding it hard it might be worth looking at your gameplay.

Last edited:
Thank you very much. I was iffy at first, but I just wanted to be sure before I made the team because I felt like it needs a minor improvement. I notice it was tanks that give me a hard time so I am going to see what I can do from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)