ORAS Ubers AG is betr! (rank 1)

Team: AG is betr!

This is more of a team showcase than an RMT, because I pretty much perfected what I was going for.

Before you turn back now, this is an Ubers RMT, but before playing ORAS Ubers I played Anything Goes. And this is one of my AG squads. Ended up liking it enough that I decided I wanted to make it work in the Ubers tier.

This is how the original was built:

I felt like testing Mega Rayquaza coz it must be pretty good if it got banned from Ubers, right?

Excadrill was added because I wanted a way to keep Rocks off for MRay and set mine own up in one mon. Plus it has great synergy with Ray.

This thing was added because I saw it on every single Ubers team. srsly

Ygod to slay all of the Ekiller spam teams.

Needed something with strong priority and a way to clean up in endgame. Queue Ekiller.

Screw Ditto.

End result

Now I couldn't use Mega Rayquaza or multiple Arceus in Ubers so here's where I'm at.

Yeh Mega Mence replacing Mega Ray is the most obvious thing ever.

Now since Mega Mence can't hold a Lum berry and all I needed an actual Darkrai switch in. I also needed a reliable way to break Lugia.

And so the mighty Scarf-Talk Kyu-W was added~

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

You already know the drill. Earthquake for STAB. Rapid Spin coz I don't want hazards up against me. Stealth Rock coz I'm greedy and want them for myself.

This thing is so great for Hyper Offense. It threatens one of the most common Stealth Rock mons in the tier: Primal Groudon and can easily set Stealth Rock against teams with Mega Diancie/Sableye thanks to Mold Breaker. You already know why I chose my other moves so all that's left for me to explain is why I chose Toxic. Toxic is here because Groundceus is so common. I outspeed the Defog set so without Toxic I just get Burned and then they use Defog repeatedly so that I can't even keep my Rocks up, but with Toxic and some solid play I can actually get something done vs it.

Yveltal Lum Berry
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD or Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Roost
- U-turn
- Foul Play

This thing is on literally every ORAS Ubers team I've built. It just does so much. Checks pretty much every relevant Physical Attacker in the tier, grabs momentum with U-turn, etc.

Toxic is on here so I don't get 6-0ed by every single CM Arceus forme. Obligatory Roost. Foul Play does big damage to things with a decent Attack stat and OHKOs most mons after they boost their Attack. U-turn is here for two reasons: 1) Momentum 2) It brings Darkrai into the kill range of Kyu-W's Attacks. Lum Berry is so I can take that Dark Void and get that U-turn off, it also allows me to stay in on Wisps and get a free Toxic off and even stay in on Ho-oh (which alone has won me a number of games).

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return or Frustration
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Oh my lord is this thing good. Dragon Dance, Return, and Earthquake so that I can sweep with good coverage and Facade is so that it gets even scarier if statused. And every other person statuses it so it goes to town often. And I don't even want Roost because this is Hyper Offense and healing would give my opponent a free turn (Ygod is an exception with its gdlk Defensive utility). No thanks.

Plz make this a set, canman98.

252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Primal Groudon: 205-243 (50.7 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

LOL. Need I say more?

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
Adamant Nature
104 HP / 252 Atk / 96 SpD / 56 Spe
- Fire Punch
- Rock Polish
- Dragon Claw
- Precipice Blades

zzz the only set for a team as offensive as this one. This particular Pdon checks stuff and can pull sweeps. The analysis has Stone Edge or Overheat over Fire Punch, but both of em suck. Stone Edge misses too often and Fire Punch hits what Overheat does, but doesn't get weaker after you use it and its accuracy and power makes it your go-to move in many situations.

Kyurem(-White) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Turboblaze
Modest Nature
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Sleep Talk
- Fusion Flare
- Draco Meteor

This thing is so underrated right now. There are just so many teams that don't have an Ice resist right now, because of Pdon, which enables this thing put in some work. Its got power. and with Choice Scarf, its got the speed to clean up late game. Ice Beam's a great STAB to spam, Fusion Flare is used when they're going to switch to a Steel type, Draco Meteor is your auto-kill button, and Sleep Talk is there to check Darkrai nicely.

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
Jolly Nature
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed

Now before you laugh at me for having Brick Break on my Ekiller let me just say this: It's the only thing between me and something boosting its stats behind Screens. I've ran both Shadow Claw and Refresh on this mon and Brick Break simply won me more games. It also helps to have a mon that can force a Giratina-O switch and get good damage on it and wall Lugia too (talking about Excadrill).

Lum Berry was a necessity in Anything Goes, but here I can run Life Orb for more power, which really helps a ton.

Threats:

???

Been told my sets suck plenty of times, but they're what makes this team as effective as it is. soooo...

and here's a replay of the team in action: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-197777079

inb4 descriptions aren't long enough. They are as long as they need to be.

Hi, I like this team, mold breaker Excadrill is pretty uncommon and it's a nifty way of beating magic bounce teams. However, you seem rather weak to geoxern at first glance, it can set up for free against Kyurem and Yveltal and threaten your team severely with just a little prior damage on Groudon. While uninspired, Ditto over Yveltal might be your best bet, as Ditto can check most of the physical sweepers you're using Yveltal for and its presence can discourage things from even setting up against you in the first place. It can't switch into any of those physical threats of course, but you could always run a bulkier Mence set with roost to compensate for that a bit. It can also anti-lead against Darkrai, but you're using scarfed sleep talk Kyurem so I don't think Darkrai is the biggest issue for you anyways. Also, I would highly recommend using Shadow Claw over Brick Break on Arceus if you go with this change.

Iron Head on Exca is an option too of course, but I think Toxic is better as otherwise certain CM/defog Arceus forms would be able to walk all over you, and I don't like the idea of having that much pressure on Excadrill.

Sorry that this wasn't the best rate, but I didn't want to suggest anything that would radically change the overall composition of the team too much, as it was already pretty good to begin with. Ditto set is self explanatory, and the Salamence / Groudon sets are on the sample analyses, feel free to test what you want to. Anyways, cool team, thanks for sharing it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)