Other Metagames AG RMT: The Forgotten Ones

Any more weaknesses?

• Total voters
Song Vid: (lel u have been warned)

Heya, i'm Yolocat10, once ranked 13th place in AG ladder and reladdered back to 10th, heres proof:View attachment 65919
So here's the team at a glance:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bergentrückung (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Defog
- Superpower

Scizor actually plays well in AG, because of the tendancy of those EspeedKillerArceuses and some GeoXerns to appear out of nowhere, which is the main weakness of this team. BPunch does decent damage, usually 25% to stallers and walls and 3HKOing most mons, most people who underestimate the damage and switch out to set-up will lose a mon. Usually, banded scizor would deal 90%+ damage to Geomancy Xern with Bullet Punch and has a high chance of OHKOing EspeedKillerArceus with Superpower. Defog allows the opponent to be tricked into thinking this is a defensive scizor, suprising them when dealing mass damage, and works well since my team is terribly weak to Stealth Rock. Anyway, U-turn is supposed to ease predictions, and Defog kinda serves the same purpose. Pursuit can be used in a huge number of ways, from predicting switches to countering Mega-Gengar.

Your Best Friend (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Choice Band
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Mega-Ray simply destroys PrimalGroudon with Waterfall, which otherwise destroys my team, (without band wouldnt kill) So this is the perfect addition for the team. Dragon Ascent can sweep whole teams if the opponent doesn't realize this thing is banded. It also is a good wallbreaker, leaving bulky pokemon heavily crippled. Equake is used over V-create because the stat drops don't seem appealing, and ExtremeSpeed makes for a great revenge killer. Overall, i think this mon helps to prevent many of this team's weaknesses.

Heartache (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ingrain
- Geomancy

GeoXern is the core of the team. Why? Most mons in my team resort to physical attacks, usually killing those that counter Xern. (Especially Banded Drag Ascent against clefable) Chandelure (we'll get there later lol) can easily cripple one mon too with Trick. By doing this, Xern would have the chance to set up and sweep, destroying the opposing player's team. HP[Fire] would kill cute Xerneas checks such as Scizor and Genesect, which would otherwise halt the sweep. Ingrain allows it to continue sweeping against the best Xerneas checks, like PrimalGroudon which is fairly common. Unless the other opponent still has other counters like Clefable, the opponent's team would be heavily crippled or fully annihilated. In conjunction with dual screen Klefki, this thing is impossible to be revenge killed easily by ExtremeSpeed.

Gaster's Theme (Chandelure) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Clear Smog
- Trick

Lol I know this mon has terrible speed and is horribly frail, without scarf this thing would have been terribad. However, this is my favorite mon, because of its effectiveness in AG, due to the mons that are usually used there. Trick is a great way to turn tables in conjunction with Xernes. How? When a SDed Arceus comes in, trick would cause it to be locked onto a move, and since it can only use Equake, ShadowClaw or ShadowForce, after killing Chandelure Xern can set up Geomancy, sweeping teams as ShadowClaw would never kill Xern. When it uses Equake ,however, I usually switch to MegaRay. Shadow Ball and Flamethrower is highly underestimated, but ShadowBall could 2hko a GhostCeus and deal 88% damage to Mewtwo, regardless of mega evolution. Flamethrower will destroy steel-type walls. Clear Smog is used if an Arceus Ghost is in play, as ShadowForce would kill it but never kill Xern. Also infiltrator is used over Flash Fire because darkrai is the main weakness of the team, and trick will cause darkrai to get locked into either Nasty Plot of Dark Pulse if substitute is already up. (who uses dark void on chandelure lol) Overall, this mon can turn tables over sweepers that had already setted-up.

Nyeh Heh Heh! (Ho-Oh) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Toxic
- Reflect
- Roost

I call Ho-Oh the calvary of my team. Why? All my mons are weak to special attacks, and this counters it. Being a wall, it blocks GeoXern pretty well. Sacred Fire would destroy those pesky steel-type walls. Reflect causes it to be known as meme bird can be used in conjunction with Sacred Fire, and can cause Arceus to do nothing at all with a SwordDance boosted ExtremeSpeed. Overall, its a pretty good special wall, however Stealth Rock may easily kill it. Try not to switch into it to often when stealth rock is in. Dont sacrifice it if possible. It plays a highly important role to block special attacks.

Ink!ovainia (Klefki) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Foul Play
- Safeguard

This mon is heavily useful, being one of the best anti-leads for my team. However, its main purpose is to protect Xerneas from ExtremeSpeed with Reflect, allowing it to sweep without disruption. Klefki blocks many first turn sweepers with Reflect and LightScreen, like Dragon Dance Rayquaza or EspeedKillerArceus, then switching out to Xerneas which can soak up damage with Reflect, allowing a counter sweep. Safeguard further enhances its role as an anti-lead, checking Darkrai and SporeSmeargle. It can be used Late-game for blocking late-game cleaners with Foul Play or Reflect.

Team weaknesses in order:
1.Stealth Rocks

This simply destroys my team. I dont think i need to explan.
2.Offensive Yvetal
This is by far the most glaring weakness of this team. Although it is easy setup bait for GeoXern, a switch into a check, would kill Xern, then switching back to Yvetal would simply destroy the team.
3.Giratina
Giratina can outstall Ho-Oh, block ChoiceBand Rayquaza, even walling Chandelure's Shadow ball. However, if GeoXern is alive, it becomes setup bait and can cause sweep. However, as stated above, checks to Xerneas exists.
4.Choice Band Ho-Oh
Choice band Ho-oh simply demolishes my team, since specially defensive Ho-oh, Chandelure, and almost all of my team dosent sound like good checks to this threat. This leaves Choice Band Rayquaza to OHKO it, but even then, switching exists and soon Rayquaza would die to a check.

And many more weaknesses lol, too lazy to list

Oh right, ty Zangy for pointing out Stealth Rock weakness, im currently finding a good one. Also i removed Magneton and Hooh's Will'o Wisp.

Last edited:

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Okay, I'm going to rate this properly despite my brain telling me to do otherwise, so here we go.

Firstly, as much as I like the creativity of the sets posted, they're generally outclassed by other Pokemon which each provide greater utility than that of those listed. Also these Pokemon are general very circumstantial in achieving their goals. For example, Magneton does have a nice defensive stat however this isn't useful when it can get OHKOd by the most common physical attackers in the metagame (namely Arceus, MRay, PDon and Ho-Oh). This generally makes it dead weight most of the time and can only create situations against rarities such as Rock Arceus or the non-EP bearing CM Fairy Arceus. These Pokemon could all be swapped for much more viable ones, however given your attitude to me telling you this previously, I doubt this will change your mind.

Secondly, if I'm going off the three viable Pokemon you have here; Banded Rayquaza doesn't benefit much from EQ + Waterfall and much prefers V-create > EQ as it generally hits more and doesn't auto-lose to Skarmory. Given that you're not weak to Diancie at all, I'd recommend running Adamant > Jolly; as you appreciate the extra power to OHKO Arceus formes and in general provide a much larger damage output.

Thirdly, the EVs on Xerneas are somewhat suboptimal as the speed it reaches doesn't accomplish anything apart from going twenty EVs over the standard Genesect benchmark. Running a Modest Nature with EVs of 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe will be enough to outspeed max speed Scarf Genesect at +2. You can tweak these a bit, but the speed you're running is unnecessary.

I don't see the purpose of running Dual Status Leftovers Ho-Oh, especially when you state it's your Xerneas wall. It can't stall out Thunder/HP Rock Xerneas, hence the set is quite confusing for me. I would suggest running something like:

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

Especially with the nature of the team, you could potentially run Leftovers, however it is often viewed as unnecessary passive recovery when it doesn't aid Ho-Oh much in surviving certain attacks. Also that extra bulk doesn't help with anything, it's like running AV Ho-Oh except not wasting an item slot, entirely.

The golden rule when using Ho-Oh, is you must have hazard removal. Regardless of your playstyle, if you're running a Ho-Oh, you need to keep SR off the field. You could:

A) replace Magneton with a Support Arceus with Defog.
B) run an alternate Scizor set (not band) with Defog.
C) replace Chandelure with a Defogger, run Sleep Talk Ho-Oh.

C sounds like a great option. However, if you actually want this team to get better, please stop trying to be /this/ innovative. There is a level of creativity you have to stop at if you want to do well.

I also find it silly how you can count your peak with half the team being different mons as a peak of 13th, but it's your RMT, whatever. Good luck and hope I helped.

Edit at 3 below: If you're not going to listen to advice, why are you writing an RMT?

Last edited:
ok ;w;
Edit for Zangy: i tried it already ;w; didnt work well, but i made some changes still finding a defog user that can synergize with my team

Last edited:
Reactions: Mq

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Gonna be blunt: this team is cool, and I like the thought behind running neat stuff, but in its current state its pretty mediocre. I'm gonna try and fix it up while changing as little as possible :c

I feel like choice scarf genesect > scizor is a decent change. Darkrai eats your team alive, and Genesect bodies it even through a sub. It is still a powerful steel type with u-turn, but its a lot faster and actually does something in most matchups, even if its just clicking uturn and wearing things down.
Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Bug Buzz

Now, gonna sort of go along with Zangooser's suggestion. Drop Chandelure and replace it with Fairy Arceus. This provides a defogger that checks most physical attackers extremely well, and deals with both Ghost Arceus (provided its not CM which is very rare and pretty mediocre) and Giratina efficiently, the things you have the most issues with.

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

finally, im sorry but magneton is barely even a check to ray, eq and v-create eat it up for breakfast and ray easily outpaces it lol. but, you are admittedly weak to ray, as well as hooh. Running Primal Groudon with a bulky support set gives you a Stealth Rock setter, which you lack and nearly every team should have, and gives you an ok check to ray and hooh, as well as scarfed ogre which otherwise kinda just wins.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Roar

other than that, id go with zangooser's set changes and your team will be a lot better. GL peaking man.

Reactions: Mq
Gonna be blunt: this team is cool, and I like the thought behind running neat stuff, but in its current state its pretty mediocre. I'm gonna try and fix it up while changing as little as possible :c

I feel like choice scarf genesect > scizor is a decent change. Darkrai eats your team alive, and Genesect bodies it even through a sub. It is still a powerful steel type with u-turn, but its a lot faster and actually does something in most matchups, even if its just clicking uturn and wearing things down.
Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Bug Buzz

Now, gonna sort of go along with Zangooser's suggestion. Drop Chandelure and replace it with Fairy Arceus. This provides a defogger that checks most physical attackers extremely well, and deals with both Ghost Arceus (provided its not CM which is very rare and pretty mediocre) and Giratina efficiently, the things you have the most issues with.

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

finally, im sorry but magneton is barely even a check to ray, eq and v-create eat it up for breakfast and ray easily outpaces it lol. but, you are admittedly weak to ray, as well as hooh. Running Primal Groudon with a bulky support set gives you a Stealth Rock setter, which you lack and nearly every team should have, and gives you an ok check to ray and hooh, as well as scarfed ogre which otherwise kinda just wins.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Roar

other than that, id go with zangooser's set changes and your team will be a lot better. GL peaking man.
Sry for the late reply.
Firstly, Genesect does not fit for my team, as it does have a weakness for arceus normal, and genesect dosent learn Superpower, and although it is a better check for Geoxern, replacing it will cause the weakness of espeedkiller to be more evident. Also, although Darkrai does do much to my team, chandy can cripple it with Trick easily.

I know magneton is pretty unviable, so i switched it with another mon. However, my team is based on ountering and predicting, as you can see about how i described how each mon plays a part in countering S ranked mons. U-turn would be needed to switch out into a counter, as simply switching out would lead to some unpredictable attacks that wil kill a counter.

Lol no im never gonna drop Chandy. It counters thousands of mons, crippling many and turning tables. Although the set you gave me was pretty good, but chandy is the thing that holds the team together. although arceus-fairy was a good suggestion, i simply cant let go of Chandelure.

Although i like the things you suggested, i tried it with my test acc, but i lost with a 8(loss)-3(win) ratio, compared to this teams 11-0 ratio in low ladder. Btw only testing 11 times
im out lol

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)