Resource AG Team Bazaar [DLC 2]

Glory

formerly TaxFraud
is a Pre-Contributor
(Approved by WrathoftheLeopard and Frozoid)
(OP taken from here)

(gorgeous art by Albinson)​

Welcome to the Anything Goes Team Bazaar! This is the thread for sharing teams you've built that you'd like to discuss or get advice on! In short, it's a thread where you can show off teams without having to go through the trouble of writing up a full RMT. As long as your team is aimed at being functional in the Anything Goes metagame, you're free to post it here (in other words, don't post a team of 6 Caterpies simply because you think they're cute). With that said, here are a few guidelines for posting that you're expected to read:
  • This isn't the place to post unfinished or untested teams. While the standards here are more lax than the RMT forum, you're still expected to put some effort into polishing your team before presenting them here.
  • If you're going to comment on a team, please be constructive about it. If someone gives feedback on your team, also try to approach it with a constructive attitude even if you don't necessarily agree.
  • Try to avoid one-liners when commenting on a team. On a related note, try and avoid long back-and-forth discussions arguing about a team. If it gets out of hand, your posts may be deleted.
  • Include a description, importable, and sprites when posting teams please! Make sure your description addresses specific teambuilding choices and general strategy, as well as any unique sets that might be on your team.
  • Please don't ask for your team to be added to samples. If you want to know why your team was turned down, message a council member and they'll try to give you some idea of why (don't nag though, decisions on teams will not be made right away).

The Anything Goes council will also be monitoring this thread for particularly good submissions, the best of which have a chance to be featured as sample teams in a separate thread. So, Sample Submissions can also be posted here.

The standards for a team being selected for the Sample Teams are as follows:
  • The team is accompanied by a clear explanation of the roles of each member and how the team should be played.
  • The team should be representative of the Anything Goes metagame. Niche builds are less likely to be featured than ones that represent the defining builds of the metagame.
  • The team should be extensively tested and polished. Having demonstrated success on ladder and tournaments is also a plus.
  • The team should have sufficient counterplay to most or all of the metagame, as well as general team archetypes (webs, stall, etc).
  • Sample teams should be relatively simple and intuitive to use. A new player should be able to understand how the sets and team as a whole work based on a brief description. This is a little harder to quantify, so try to put yourself in the shoes of a newer player. Is the general strategy of this team immediately apparent just given your description? If not, it probably isn't suitable to be a sample.

That's all, post away!

Hey fellow trainers, I hope you have been having a nice day! I was bored and had nothing better to do, so l'll be posting some teams for fun. Hope you enjoy them!

Swords Dance Koraidon + Scarf Calyrex-Shadow BO
:Calyrex-Shadow: :Ho-Oh: :Ting-Lu: :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: :Arceus-Water: :Koraidon:

This team is a pretty standard team featuring the core of Koraidon + Necrozma-Dusk-Mane + Calyrex-Shadow I built a few weeks ago. The general strategy for this team is to utilise Swords Dance Koraidon early-game to threaten defensive structures in particularly Ho-Oh and Arceus-Water. This enables the other breakers on the team such as Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, that appreciates the removal of Ho-Oh and Arceus-Water. This further enables Scarf Calyrex-Shadow to clean up late game. Nothing much on the defensive core, it's the most standard defensive core in the metagame consisting of Arceus-Water, Ting-Lu, and Ho-Oh.

Offensive Necrozma-Dusk-Mane BO
:Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: :Koraidon: :Ho-Oh: :Arceus-Water: :Ting-Lu: :Arceus:

This is a fun team I built when I was a lot bored with Bulky DD NDM. This team wants you to utilise NDM a lot earlier than you usually do since Offensive with Lum Berry makes it a lot more immediately threatening. You want to threaten Ho-Oh and Arceus-Water, that enables Arceus to setup in an endgame and clean up. This also enables Koraidon to revenge kill and clean up in an endgame. Again, the same defensive core is featured since it's the best core.

Triple CM BO
:Kyogre: :Arceus-Ground: :Koraidon: :Arceus-Water: :Ting-Lu: :Ho-Oh:

I was thinking of building something with Kyogre + Arceus-Ground, so I ended up building this. The idea of this team is to use Koraidon as a pivot to get in Kyogre and Arceus-Ground via u-turn to put pressure on the defensive backbone of the opposing team. You'd want to put pressure on the likes of Ho-Oh, Ting-Lu, and Arceus-Water so that Koraidon can clean up late game and allow Arceus-Water to force more plays. Again, the same defensive core because it's just goated.

I hope you guys enjoy these teams if you do end up using them. Feel free to disagree with anything on the team, and also feel free to DM me on discord or Pokemon Showdown if you want to suggest some changes. That's it for teams, enjoy!

Glory

formerly TaxFraud
is a Pre-Contributor
Just sharing a few teams of mine before AGLT begins.

Choice Band Ho-Oh Balance
:ho-oh: :ting-lu: :arceus-ground: :koraidon: :eternatus:
Very little actually wants to take CB Ho-Oh on, and if your opponent is unable to get up Stealth Rock quick enough to prevent it from tearing major holes, then they often be left with an insurmountable disadvantage. The rest of the team either covers for its weaknesses or capitalizes on its strengths, resulting in an incredibly consistent team. With good play, nothing really is too much of a problem as the team has great synergy with each other.

Dialga Sun Offense
:dialga: :koraidon: :ho-oh: :ting-lu: :arceus-fairy: :calyrex-shadow:
Built this with PrimalKyogre and it's a great offense built around an unorthodox pick in Choice Specs Dialga. Offensive Ho-Oh makes a potent pairing with Dialga and Choice Scarf Koraidon supports the two of them with pivoting and strengthening Sacred Fire and Fire Blast from Ho-Oh and Dialga respectively. Ho-Oh and Dialga have some pretty solid innate defensive utility so the defensive core can be kept to a minimum with Ting-Lu and Arceus-Fairy. Heavy-Duty Boots Calyrex-S rounds out the team by taking advantage of the holes Dialga can make, while simultaneously greatly improving the matchup into hyper offense.

Choice Specs Kyogre Offense
:kyogre: :arceus: :calyrex-shadow: :ting-lu: :landorus-therian: :arceus-ground:
Specs Kyogre is as ridiculous a wallbreaker as ever, with nothing really wanting to take it on. Choice Scarf Calyrex-S takes advantage of the immense pressure Kyogre places on Ting-Lu and Ho-Oh, and with Baton Pass it can even pivot it in safely. Ting-Lu and Landorus-T can cover most of the threats just enough to hang on until Kyogre can break the opposing team too much to recover from. Extreme Killer and Dragon Dance Arceus-Ground provide a good amount of defensive use and are potent physical cleaners that can take advantage of Kyogre's pressure on every defensive mon.

Building the meta right now is incredibly frustrating. Hyper offense has effectively been solved, at least for now, and trying to build balance often results in incredibly similar-looking structures as they're the only way to reasonably cover every threat decently without becoming extremely passive. Bulky offense is the only thing with a good amount of variance but you'll still end up with a lot of the same teams if you're trying to build optimally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)