Agility Blaziken Sets

Yup. Agiliken. It's pretty interesting because, unlike Infernape, it can be "immune" to revenge kills if you need it to be. It can't tear through the walls as easily, but in return it can't be stopped by Choice Scarfers.

Purely Physical Agiliken A

Blaziken@Life Orb
252 Attack/224 HP/28 Speed
Adamant Nature
-Flare Blitz/Blaze Kick
-Sky Uppercut
-Stone Edge
-Agility

Max attack is first to give the chicken the power to sweep with Agility. 28 EVs in Speed give him enough speed to hit 406 after Agility, enough to outrun Scarfcross and his buddies that hover around 404 speed. More EVs could be invested in speed to cover more things that may outrun him. The rest goes into HP for bulkiness. The set covers most pokemon well.

Purely Physical Agiliken B

"Overkill"iken@Life Orb
252 Attack/236 Speed/20 HP
Adamant Nature
-Flare Blitz/Blaze Kick
-Sky Uppercut
-Stone Edge
-Agility

This covers every viable Choice Scarfer up to Modest Scarfzam (and he really is the top of the ladder, isn't he?) A lot less bulk than the previous set, but there's no danger of being outrun.

As the attack stat for variants A and B will be the same, the same damage calculations should work for both of them. And so, a few:

Flare Blitz on Max HP/Max Defense Hippowdon: 40.95%-48.33%
Blaze Kick on Max HP/Max Defense Hippowdon: 29.29%-34.52%
Flare Blitz on Max HP/Max Defense Donphan: 44.27%-52.08%
Blaze Kick on Max HP/Max Defense Donphan: 31.77%37.24%
Flare Blitz on Max HP/Max Defense Skarmory: 91.32%-107.49%
Blaze Kick on Max HP/Max Defense Skarmory: 65.27%-76.95%
Flare Blitz on Max HP/Max Defense Dusknoir: 53.40%-62.59%
Blaze Kick on Max HP/Max Defense Dusknoir: 38.10%-44.90%
Sky Uppercut on 80 HP/no Defense Garchomp: 52.52%-61.80%
Stone Edge on 212 HP/180 Defense Gyarados after Intimidate: 51.3%-60.42%
Stone Edge on 4 HP/0 Defense Salamence after Intimidate: 71.99%-84.94%
Sky Uppercut on Max HP/Max Defense Rhyperior: 53.00%-62.44%
Sky Uppercut on Max HP/Max Defense Blissey: 95.80%-112.75%
Sky Uppercut on Max HP/Max Defense Milotic (for lawlz): 40.36%-47.72%
Sky Uppercut on 148 HP/240 Defense Milotic: 43.75%-51.63%
Sky Uppercut on Max HP/Max Defense Suicune: 30.94%-36.39% (Noez)
Stone Edge on Max Defense/216 HP Slowbro: 26.23%-30.91% (Double Noez)

With Stealth Rock support, Blaziken can 2HKO or even OHKO many of these threats. However, becoming mixed would certainly be beneficial, wouldn't you agree?

Mixed Agiliken

Blaziken@Life Orb
252 Attack/224 Special Attack/28 Speed
Lonely Nature
-Fire Blast/Overheat
-Sky Uppercut
-Stone Edge/HP Ice/HP Grass
-Agility

Here's where it gets a little more interesting. Max attack, get enough speed to outrun the bunch that hovers near Hera, and then pour the rest into Special Attack. Fire Blast and Sky Uppercut break Skarmbliss easily, but the third slot is up to you and what your team can (or can't) handle.

Now, for some damage calculations:

(Calcs from physical Agiliken for Stone Edge and Sky Uppercut remain the same)

Fire Blast on max HP/no Sp. Defense Skarmory: 179.34%%-211.08%
Fire Blast on max HP/no Sp. Defense Hippowdon: 69.76%-82.14%
Fire Blast on max HP/no Sp. Defense Donphan: 83.76%-103.39%
Fire Blast on max HP/no Sp. Defense Dusknoir: 59.18%-69.39%
HP Grass on 216 HP/no Sp. Defense Slowbro: 54.81%-64.68%
HP Grass on max HP/no Sp. Defense Suicune: 38.86%-45.79% (Still noez)
HP Grass on 148 HP/no Sp. Defense Milotic: 39.67%-46.74% (Sky Uppercut>This)
HP Ice on 80 HP/no Sp. Defense Garchomp: 106.63%-125.46%
HP Ice on max HP/no Sp. Defense Rhyperior (no sandstorm): 64.98%-76.50%
HP Ice on max HP/no Sp. Defense Rhyperior (sandstorm): 43.78%-51.38%
HP Grass on max HP/no Sp. Defense Rhyperior (no sandstorm): 129.95%-153%
HP Grass on max HP/no Sp. Defense Rhyperior (sandstorm): 87.33%-102.76%
HP Grass on max HP/no Sp. Defense Swampert: 95.05%-111.88%

That's a little better against the walls. What if, however, you want more speed? To accomplish that, we'll need to switch to a more special oriented Agiliken.

Purely Special Agiliken

Blaziken@Life Orb
252 Sp. Attack/236 Speed/16 HP
Modest Nature
-Focus Blast
-Fire Blast
-HP Ice/HP Grass/HP Electric
-Agility

Okay, so here's the thing. This set doesn't tear down Blissey, but it does 2HKO her, effectively scaring her away. HP Electric is helpful against Gyarados, but otherwise HP Ice and HP Grass are the better choices.

Fire Blast on max HP/no Sp. Defense Hippowdon: 78.10%-91.90%
Fire Blast on max HP/no Sp. Defense Donphan: 98.44%-115.89%
Fire Blast on max HP/no Sp. Defense Skarmory: 200.90%-236.53%
Fire Blast on max HP/no Sp. Defense Dusknoir: 65.99%-77.89%
Focus Blast on 80 HP/no Sp. Defense Garchomp: 76.13%-89.66%
Focus Blast on 4 HP/no Sp. Defense Salamence: 45.48%-53.31%
Focus Blast on 4 HP/no Sp. Defense Dragonite: 38.89%-45.68%
Focus Blast on max HP/no Sp. Defense Blissey: 54.48%-64.01%
Focus Blast on max HP/no Sp. Defense Suicune: 55.20%-65.10%
Focus Blast on 148 HP/no Sp. Defense Milotic: 56.52%-66.30%
HP Electric on 212 HP/180 Defense Gyarados: 102.60%-120.83%
HP Grass on max HP/no Sp. Defense Swampert: 106.44%-125.25%
Hidden Power Ice OHKOs all dragons just like last time.
HP Ice on max HP/no Sp. Defense Rhyperior (no sandstorm): 72.81%-85.71%

So yeah... it isn't possible to cover everything with one set, but it does deal some good damage, and it's especially cool for slower teams.

Thoughts?

My first thoughts are that Blaziken is too fragile to stat-up and that he gets killed by Dos nearly every time.

My second thoughts are that he is still a good Mixed sweeper so he could definitely get at least one "surprise" kill by packing HP Elec, HP Grass, Overheat, or Focus Blast.

In all? I'd still use Infernape because he can do nearly the same thing in one turn as opposed to two turns.

My first thoughts are that Blaziken is too fragile to stat-up and that he gets killed by Dos nearly every time.

My second thoughts are that he is still a good Mixed sweeper so he could definitely get at least one "surprise" kill by packing HP Elec, HP Grass, Overheat, or Focus Blast.

In all? I'd still use Infernape because he can do nearly the same thing in one turn as opposed to two turns.
He could still switch in on Blissey and stat up relatively safely, just as long as Specsmence or something along those lines lured an Ice Beam, I think.

Well, Blaziken can do this better than Infernape can, so if you have the prediction ability, I can see this doing really well for you. (EDIT: Now that I think about it, maybe it only applies more to the Special set...)

In particular I like the surprise factor of the Special set; 110 SpAtk AND 2 120 BP STAB moves has its appeal. If only Wide Lens was viable on it... :(

Well, Blaziken can do this better than Infernape can, so if you have the prediction ability, I can see this doing really well for you. (EDIT: Now that I think about it, maybe it only applies more to the Special set...)

In particular I like the surprise factor of the Special set; 110 SpAtk AND 2 120 BP STAB moves has its appeal. If only Wide Lens was viable on it... :(
Yeah... the special set does seem like it would be better than the other sets.

The only thing that's more powerful than Blaziken's Focus Blast is Lucario's Focus Blast (special fighting attack-wise) too, IIRC, so that's kind of cool.

Sorry for double posting.

Twave?

But yeah, I really like the Agility special set the more I look at it.
Yeah... heh. That's what I meant by "try to lure an Ice Beam" with Salamence.

But still, that isn't cool.

Hmm... Heracross's Megahorn seems like a pretty safe switchin, what with Blaziken's 4x bug resist...

I really need to think about that more...

There's something interesting about the Special set, though; standard Regice actually takes less damage than Bliss from it and can revenge-kill it almost half the time with Explosion. :p

I was curious and ran the numbers; at least it made me lol. XD

Sorry for double posting.

Yeah... heh. That's what I meant by "try to lure an Ice Beam" with Salamence.

But still, that isn't cool.

Hmm... Heracross's Megahorn seems like a pretty safe switchin, what with Blaziken's 4x bug resist...

I really need to think about that more...
some calc's for you.

On the sets with no HP ev's:
(Just for laughs, fuck up the prediction, you're TOAST.)
CB'd jolly heracross's close combat: 127.91% - 150.50%
CB'd adamant heracross's megahorn: 35.22% - 41.20%
CB'd jolly heracross's megahorn: 31.89% - 37.54%

On the physical set with 228hp ev's
CB'd jolly heracross's close combat:117.88% - 138.83%
CB'd adamant heracross's megahorn:29.61% - 34.64% (usually 4HKO)
CB'd jolly heracross's megahorn: 26.82% - 31.56% (always 4HKO)

(again, moral is: don't fuck up your prediction)
it would suck to lose a pokemon for no reason.

EDIT:
on the 228hp version:
CB'd adamant GUTS heracross's megahorn: 44.13% - 51.96%
potential 2HKO, but if it's jolly, it's a 3HKO, so if you need a pokemon to scare it away and save your team, works wonders.

some calc's for you.

On the sets with no HP ev's:
(Just for laughs, fuck up the prediction, you're TOAST.)
CB'd jolly heracross's close combat: 127.91% - 150.50%
CB'd adamant heracross's megahorn: 35.22% - 41.20%
CB'd jolly heracross's megahorn: 31.89% - 37.54%

On the physical set with 228hp ev's
CB'd jolly heracross's close combat:117.88% - 138.83%
CB'd adamant heracross's megahorn:29.61% - 34.64% (usually 4HKO)
CB'd jolly heracross's megahorn: 26.82% - 31.56% (always 4HKO)

(again, moral is: don't fuck up your prediction)
it would suck to lose a pokemon for no reason.

EDIT:
on the 228hp version:
CB'd adamant GUTS heracross's megahorn: 44.13% - 51.96%
potential 2HKO, but if it's jolly, it's a 3HKO, so if you need a pokemon to scare it away and save your team, works wonders.
That's only workable if you're great at prediction then...

But it's easy to predict if you can get a wall to test out the CB/CSc versions.

But then that's having your wall take unnecessary damage.

Hmm...

That's only workable if you're great at prediction then...

But it's easy to predict if you can get a wall to test out the CB/CSc versions.

But then that's having your wall take unnecessary damage.

Hmm...
A pokemon with protect would be sweet. But then again, the hera user would suspect a switch.

And also it's impractical to pack a pokemon with protect just for that.

Well, ideally you want a ghost on the same team to neutralize the CC.
Anyone that gladly CB CC's is just asking to get a free set-up from a ghost.

I bred for Agiliken a long while ago like back when I started with my D/P game so heres what I've gathered from actual experience in using it.

1) It gets horribly butt raped by near everything under the sun if you even attempt to attack without running a Reversal set. It'll always come slightly short of a OHKO even with Life Orb than get crushed like a Infernape.

Also Life Orb + low defenses + need to setup in general gives it zero chance of a switch in without being killed before doing anything.

2) If you do attempt a Reversal set then Sandstorm lols at you.

However I simply rebred (since I wasn't too happy with the IV's anyway) and added one extra move and had a much better experience.

Blaziken@Petaya/Focus Sash
-Agility
-Blaze Kick/Sky Uppercut
-Stone Edge
-Baton Pass

So stupidly simple but it actually works. I tend to use it alonside a special orientated pokemon given Gyarados tendency to assume a free switch in and having to BP the Intimidate too. Having a extremely strong offensive support can be beneficial where you need an extra hand on the offensive front.

Attack if you think you can score major damage with little retalliation or just BP to get the hell out of there.

However I've been recently playing with the idea of a crithax BPken along the lines of.

Blaziken
-Focus Energy
-Blaze Kick
-Stone Edge/Agility
-Baton Pass

But I need to test first whether Focus Energy can be BP'd if it can then my Drapion just made a new best friend. Then I'd have to get around to breeding it.

On the physical sets, could you include calculations for Blaze Kick as well, for those of us who don't like massive recoil?

Yes. I'll get cracking on that.
Maybe it's just me, but the calcs on Blaze Kick don't look too good compared to Flare Blitz...Skarmory falls out of OHKO range, Donphan and Dusknoir out of 2HKO range...I guess you could just pray the critical kicks in...if that's the case, would Expert Belt or Scope Lens or something be a viable replacement for an item (I'm not sure exactly how it'd affect the calculations...I'm just asking. If this is noobish, then just ignore me.)?

Maybe it's just me, but the calcs on Blaze Kick don't look too good compared to Flare Blitz...Skarmory falls out of OHKO range, Donphan and Dusknoir out of 2HKO range...I guess you could just pray the critical kicks in...if that's the case, would Expert Belt or Scope Lens or something be a viable replacement for an item (I'm not sure exactly how it'd affect the calculations...I'm just asking. If this is noobish, then just ignore me.)?
I tried Expert Belt calcs, and it didn't work as well as the Life Orb. I don't know about Scope Lens... I distrust the effect chance.

I tried Expert Belt calcs, and it didn't work as well as the Life Orb. I don't know about Scope Lens... I distrust the effect chance.
Ugh, but the recoil from Flare Blitz coupled with Life Orb damage is no good...

Perhaps it's better to just go with a special set.

Speaking of the special sets, how does Flamethrower do in place of Overheat and Fire Blast? Overheat's Sp. Atk lowering could cause some needless switches, and Fire Blast ain't got the best accuracy. Does it suffer from the same problems as Blaze Kick?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)