Tournament AGPL II - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMAZING banner by HanSoloIndie!
Rules
  • Remember that you must follow all rules found here.
  • You must schedule using smogon VMs, as it is the easiest way for me to determine scheduling and activity for activity calls. If you are not able to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so that they communicate that to me or the other manager for potential substitutes.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the manager of the opposing team, and all players involved in order to make sure that everyone is aware. Players that have already played in a given week, or were already subbed out, cannot be subbed in in the same week.
  • Any incomplete matches at the end of the week will be subject to an activity decision.
  • Replays MUST BE posted here so that we can keep track of usage stats (and all get to watch some awesome AG games of course!)
  • Managers: Please send your lineups in the order that has been posted below in the following weeks as it will just make it easier for me going forward.
:darkrai:Dream-Shattering Darkrais (5) vs Horrendous Houndooms (3):houndoom:

BO3 Multigen Skarph vs PurpleGatorade
National Dex BaconEatinAssassin vs Guardsweeper
National Dex lotiasite vs Staxi
National Dex ericwangswim vs byronthewellwell
Galar Dex l'habitat vs Alkione
USM Dockiva~~ vs Skysolo
USM GRNBLN vs Catalystic
ORAS ADF Test vs absdaddy

:marshadow:Menacing Marshadows (3) vs Salt Mining Sableyes (5):sableye:
BO3 Multigen Pigeons vs Fardin
National Dex Icemaster vs Jrdn
National Dex Kaitlyn vs xavgb
National Dex Terracotta vs Andyboy
Galar Dex crucify vs cromagnet
USM Zenithial vs Zesty43
USM MZ vs Leru
ORAS Chloe vs Highlord

:arceus:Abyssal Arceus (5) vs Precious Pichus (3):pichu:
BO3 Multigen Velvet Blood vs Thimo
National Dex Geysers vs Ainzcrad
National Dex PinkDragonTamer vs 64 Squares
National Dex Bread Sandwich vs pichus
Galar Dex frogger1387 vs TrueNora
USM vivalospride vs DonnotheFirst
USM Sitonai vs Zayele
ORAS dream vs HunterStorm
The deadline for this week is Sunday 28th June, at 11:59pm GMT+1. Please get your games done before then!

Last edited:

Fardin

Tournament Banned
Dream-Shattering Darkrais (5) vs (3) Horrendous Houndooms

BO3 Multigen Skarph (58) vs PurpleGatorade (42) - hm, looks like a pretty even mu. pg got the edge in oras, for usum i would honestly call it even, but for natdex, there will be a pretty big difference between the 2 imo and that is where skarph will take the w. but again, both are top tiers, anything can happen
National Dex BaconEatinAssassin (68) vs Guardsweeper (32)- bacon is hands down the better player and builder, has a really good chance of winning.
National Dex lotiasite (60) vs Staxi (40) - idt loti played a lot of natdex this gen, but i know he is a good player and his experience with usum will surely help him convert easily. on the other hand, staxi been around for a while this gen and has defo more experience. looks to be a pretty even mu, but thanks to bacon support, loti should take this
National Dex ericwangswim (42) vs byronthewellwell (58) - Byron is the better player. doubt the bacon team will help him here.
Galar Dex l'habitat (62) vs Alkione (38)- oh man, the galar cup winner vs a generally solid and nice player. habitat gets the edge here imo
USM Dockiva~~(45) vs Skysolo (55)- both solid player. dockiva has the experience here, but skysolo is the better player when it comes to sum. both have similar level of support as well. ill give the edge to solo here
USM GRNBLN (30) vs Catalystic (70) - I think this is the only mu where there is a pretty big difference in skill levels. cata is one of the goat of usum and grn is altho solid, just not close to him
ORAS ADF Test(61) vs (39) absdaddy - add is a quality player

Abyssal Arceus (3) vs (5) Precious Pichus

BO3 Multigen Velvet Blood (25) vs Thimo (75) - oh man, sorry vb but goat of ag is taking this W
National Dex Geysers (64) vs Ainzcrad (36) - hm, i don't know much about ainzcrad so not gonna say much, but considering geysers got to loser finals for last ssnl, i give him the edge here for sure
National Dex PinkDragonTamer (34) vs 64 Squares (66) - oo interesting mu. 64 squares is a really solid player with lots of experience in gen 8. on the other hand pdt is pretty new to ag, but nonetheless a super good player as well. i think the lack of quality natdex builders will be the downfall for pet and hence why 64 will take the W
National Dex Bread Sandwich (33 vs pichus (67) - ngl i expected pichus to be in bo3, but ig thimo with his boys now is motivated. anyws pichus is the better player and builder, clear win for her imo
Galar Dex frogger1387 (65) vs TrueNora (35)- once again i don't know truenora, but i know frogger is a try hard and a winnnnner
USM vivalospride (40) vs DonnotheFirst (60) - hmmmmmmmmmm. interesting mu. both players are excellent quality. this will just come down to their support. its just unfort for viva donna got the top 1 and 2 ag players as his teammate >.<
USM Sitonai (58) vs Zayele (42) - hm, yeah sitonai is proven to be an extremely solid player, cant see this go any other way. zayele is still super decent tho and can take the w here.
ORAS dream (20) vs HunterStorm (80)- oh boy

Iguana

formerly mc56556
Hey, a bit belated, but how about some predicts? :)

Dream-Shattering Darkrais (6) vs. Horrendous Houndooms (2)

Defending champion Horrendous Houndooms begin their title defense against a tough and motivated Darkrais team, led this year by returning manager, Skarph. PG's team has many familiar faces from last year, clearly indicating PG's belief that drafting a similar team from last year will translate to success this year as well. Skarph's begins with himself and Bacon, the latter who I believe went for the most an AG player ever has in a team tour draft. Expectations undoubtedly are high, and with a talented group of players, perhaps another deep run is in order.

BO3 Multigen Skarph vs PurpleGatorade ~ Already happened
National Dex BaconEatinAssassin vs Guardsweeper ~ Guardsweeper has been a solid Nat Dex AG player this year entering AG out of nowhere, and he did put together a nice run in the USUM AG Cup. However, Bacon is the better player and builder here and I'm sure the win in the last Nat Dex AG SSNL will only build his confidence.
National Dex lotiasite vs Staxi ~ One of my highlight matches for this first week. A rematch of the last AGLT where Staxi took Loti out in Round 2, this should feature some pretty high quality play and teams from both. Loti is a good tour player and I'm sure will be eager to get revenge, but I have a feeling about Staxi here.
National Dex ericwangswim vs byronthewellwell ~ This one is a bit of a mystery to me. But it's not for lack of knowledge about the players. Byron is an excellent player in a lot of tiers, and I imagine he can pick up Nat Dex AG pretty quickly, but I don't believe he has played a lot of the tier so far. ericwangswim, on the other hand, has played a lot of Nat Dex AG recently, but his lack of experience in many big tours may hamper him initially. I'll roll with eric on this one (sorry, byron).
Galar Dex l'habitat vs Alkione ~ Seeing as though l'habitat is the reigning Galar Dex AG champ, I'm going to bold them here. However, Alkione is a solid player who I'm sure has been playing at least some SS Ubers (maybe a lot--I'm not sure there), and he performed quite well last AGPL (including a critical finals win for the Houndooms), so he has AG team tour experience assisting him as well.
USM Dockiva~~ vs Skysolo ~ Another really close match here. Dockiva is coming off a run to USUM AG Cup finals, so he is in top form. Skysolo, however, is not to be underestimated after a very strong series of performances last AGPL (going 5-2) and a victory in the finals against Viv. I expect Dockiva's excellent teambuilding and metagame knowledge to help him get the win here.
USM GRNBLN vs Catalystic ~ Another excellent match for sure. Two of the probably top ten USUM AG players going at it is always nice to catch a match of. GRN has been around fairly often on PS recently, playing in room tours and on ladder, so I have a feeling he won't be terribly rusty (if at all). Cata has been less active in AG recently, but he tends to perform well in tours, so I'm sure he'll put up a solid showing. Very close here, but I'll give the nod to Cata.
ORAS ADF Test vs absdaddy ~ This should be fun. ADF is a friend who's known for his unorthodox builds that he manages to make work time and time again. It's pretty remarkable honestly. I'm not sure how much ORAS he's played recently, but I believe he used to play it pretty often. Absdaddy did play ORAS for the Houndooms last year, sporting a decent record of 2-3, so he could be well-equipped to improve on that record this year. ADF narrowly takes it with a sweet tech or two.

Menacing Marshadows (5) vs. Salt Mining Sableyes (3)

New AGPL managers Icemaster and Fardin emerge this year with strong teams. Fardin's makes use of many OM talents, so a test for the team will be how quickly some players can acclimate to and learn their respective AG tiers. Ice's task will likely be how to best harness the massive amounts of talent and teambuilding support and translate those into winning lineups and matches.

BO3 Multigen Pigeons vs Fardin ~ Very excited for this match. When it was first announced that we would in fact have a Bo3 slot in this AGPL STour-style, I thought of Pigeons and Fardin as two of the top people for it. I'll say Fardin narrowly takes this one in three winning ORAS and USUM while Pigeons wins Nat Dex.
National Dex Icemaster vs Jrdn ~ With all due respect to Jrdn here who is a quality player in many tiers--especially, of course, OMs--I think Icemaster is the very solid favorite here. He's been one of the best Nat Dex AG players so far this Gen, making the shift from USUM AG to Nat Dex look seamless.
National Dex Kaitlyn vs xavgb ~ Stresh put together an impressive record last AGPL, quietly sporting a strong 3-1 record in USUM AG. However, MDB has been playing much more Nat Dex AG than her opponent and in my opinion is the favorite here.
National Dex Terracotta vs Andyboy ~ As far as I know, neither Terra nor Andy have played a lot of Nat Dex AG. Andy I did see laddering for a while on the Nat Dex AG ladder prior to AGPL, but regardless, Nat Dex isn't terribly hard to get a decent grasp on the meta and what to expect in battles. This I'm sure will come down to which team can better prepare and teach its player rapidly.
Galar Dex crucify vs cromagnet ~ My man cro! :D He's been looking solid in Galar Dex recently from the few matches I've seen here and there, and he's done quite well in Ubers recently. crucify I believe is a pretty good player in several tiers, and I'm sure on a team like Icemaster's with Terra and others as potential Galar Dex slot players, they are well positioned here. I'm expecting a high quality match.
USM Zenithial vs Zesty43 ~ Already happened
USM MZ vs Leru ~ So, to be upfront, I'm not very familiar with Leru. I believe they've played in SPL before but beyond that, I'm not very sure. Megazard is very solid in USUM AG and a strong tournament player in general, so it would take a lot for me to bold against him even if I knew more about Leru's skill in USUM AG.
ORAS Chloe vs Highlord ~ Highlord is a quality player in old Gens--particularly old Gens of Ubers and DPP OU--but I think he's going to have a tough time overcoming ORAS Goddess Chloe, particularly when she has been so active and playing a lot of AG in the months leading up to this tournament.

Good luck and have fun, all! Go Abyssal Arceus! :blobthumbsup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)