Alagaesia

Howdy y'all
So I've been inspired to create a team based off of the likes of Christopher Paolini's incredible world that is Alagaesia and the creatures within. So without further ado...

Alagaesia

Dragonite@lum berry (AKA Thorn)
Multi-Scale
Adamant
-Dragon Dance
-Fire Punch
-Outrage
-Earthquake
4 hp/252 att/252 spe
So I believe every single person is familiar with this set. Come on, set up a DD on a non effective attack due to multi-scale, and then proceed to sweep. Simple as that.

Now, no Alagaesia team can be complete without kull, and so I decided to name my Conkeldurr Garzhvog
Conkeldurr@leftovers (AKA Garzhvog)
Adamant
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Payback
176 HP/156 att/176 SpD
Dragonite obviously had a large rock and ice weakness that needed to be covered, and Conkeldurr annihilates each of these. He also works well with Dragonite so that they both can work together to take out physically defensive pokemon.

Lucario@life Orb (AKA Eragon)
Timid
-Nasty Plot
-Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball
- Vacuum Wave
252 spe/252 spA/4 hp
So this Lucario is on the special side because I needed something that wouldn't be an exact replica of Conkelldur, and I just like lucario and have wanted to test this set out.

Latios@choice specs (AKA Sapphira)
timid
-Trick
-Draco Meteor
-Surf
-Psyshock
4 hp/252 spA/252 spe
I realized a little late that I clearly needed Sapphira to be on the team, and I figured on Latios in order for a powerful water attack because I'm having trouble finding one that fits with the theme of the team as well as working on the team itself.

Now my whole team is boosting sweepers at the moment, and I need something that can handle some of the more difficult attacks coming at me along with setting up entry hazards. So I chose to put Ferrothorn on the team

Ferrothorn@leftovers (AKA Farthen Dur)
Relaxed
-Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball
-Thunder Wave
252 hp/88 def/168 SpD
So the Varden and all they stand for would be nothing if there wasn't a good, solid place to stand behind when things get tough. That fortress for me is ferrothorn. He sets up much needed spikes for me as well as cripples the opponents using T-Wave and leech seed. He also has good typing with the rest of my team.

So the final pokemon was the toughest for me to pick because it has to be Eragon. What pokemon would be able to emulate his raw power?
I finally settled on a life orb sweeping variant of Deoxys-S. I chose him because of the raw versatility he has of both attacking from the physical and special sides of the spectrum. So I present Eragon

Deoxys-S@life orb (AKA Arya)
Naive
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Beam
-HP Fire
-Superpower
40 att/252 spA/212 spe

so thanks everybody for reading, and please feel free to rate!

Bobtheball4

CAP Playtesting Expert
Overally, nice team. On dragonite run outrage instead of dragon claw, as you have lum berry to cover up thw confusion. I would change your conkeldurr up, to where it is a special tank. Try a careful nature, with 176 spdef, 176 HP, and 158 attack. Keep your original moves and item. Alakazam honestly is so outclassed. Run trick room reuniclus. Conkeldurr will be able to use it, as it covers all of reuniclus weaknesses. Instead of terrakion run a life orb lucario. Adament nature, with close combat, crunch, extremespeed, and swords dance. 252 attack, 252 speed and 4 HP. This thing is a total beast. After a swords dance, it one hit ko's almost everything. Trick room reuniclus is a huge problem to this team, so i recommend something to cover up that weakness. Lucario cam 1hko but after trick room is set up, u have to do some switching around to avoid ko.

I liked the theme to be honest, I just finished reading Inheritance. I'm not much of a rater though, so I can't offer you much advice, but just wanted to comment on the uniqueness of the team.

However, one tidbit of advice would be to add Stealth Rock to your team. You should put it over leech seed or spikes on Ferrothorn. SR provides the same consistent damage that spikes does, but also has the beneficial side effect of neutralizing opposing Dragonites' multiscale. At the moment, your only real check to opposing dragonites is Deoxys-S, since you lack priority outside of Conkeldurr's mach punch. If it is allowed to preserve multiscale, it can easily set up on Conkeldurr and Ferrothorn with lum berry and demolish your team. Furthermore, there are still many DD nites that run Extremespeed, which does up to 77.5% to your Deoxys at +1. Any prior damage and your team is swept. Although DDnite can sweep your team anyways, SR helps mitigate this.

Another thing you can do is give your Alakazam a focus sash instead of a life orb. You've already got many frail set up sweepers, and you aren't protected by dual screens either. By giving him a focus sash and putting SR up, you act as a 1 time check to anything, and Alakazam's high power moves allow for you to deal a ton of damage to threats anyways. You can get rid of calm mind, or keep it if you're good at forcing switches. Substitute works too, and though it may seem weird on a focus sash set, you'd only use it in situations when you're expecting a switch, and it'd serve the same purpose. Replacing thunderbolt for shadow ball would give more coverage, and help cover threats like Latios, Reuniclus, and basically all the psychic types in the tier. You can always get rid of sub and calm mind and use T bolt as well.

That's a bit jumbled, but I'm no official rater. Just my 2 cents.

zam doesnt learn tbolt lol - that all bein said, id go with scarf rotom-w with trick/tbolt/volt switch/hydro pump over alakazam, heres why:

- deoxys-s fills the role of zam pretty well already, but with zam you are adding a second revenger with double the weaknesses and problems. rotom-w provides an excellent backup check or counter to shit like sd scizor and sd lucario
- rotom-w provides a good backup check to pretty much all weather, which is always helpful when you're team isnt running any weather for the weather war
- you have a ton of things that could set up on a tricked mon such as conk, ddnite, and terrakion. with that much stuff to abuse, i would definitely want something to trick with

give it a try, i think you might like it

I'd suggest a different set for deo-s, giving a similar role but lead with this

Deoxys-s Naive nature
Expert belt
40atk/252spa/212spe
-superpower
-stealth rock
-hidden power (fire)
-ice beam/thunderbolt/spikes

Stealth rock is a must these days with dragonite running around, the set is because if they see a lead deoxys they like to put a scizor first to u-turn and keep momentum, only to get OHKO'd by hidden power fire, it also hits OHKOs ferrothorn with stealth rock, then if tyranitar comes in, kil with superpower, most people when you destroy scizor are like wtf noob who uses that and ragequit, you should try it out.

truedrew

Banned deucer.
try a heatran instead of alakazam because otherwise ur team can be swept by sun teams (venasaur with hp fire completly owns d team)

attn: clown tito - rotom-w outspeeds it, hits extremely hard with stab hydro pump, and can survive a +2 lo exspeed - maybe its not the check it used to be but it certainly doesnt mean it cant be helpful vs it

Nice theme and team.
The inheritance books are also one of my favourite books.
Solid team overall but you are weak to scizor once conkeldurr is gone and dragonites multiscale is broken. I also suggest you add stealth rock which is important to break opposing dragonites multiscale. You should maybe also add more priority to your team.

Hey everybody thanks for the rates! :D
So I've made some changes as you could probably see based on the edits. I made deoxys the new spread as mentioned by Coughing, so thanks for that dude!
I also added lucario like Blue Knight said along with the EV changes to Conkelldur.
Finally, I added Latios (Sapphira) to allow for more special attacks with Zam being gone.

Extremespeed over EQ on Dragonite is my personal preference. This means you are walled by Heatran, but I've found Extremespeed much more useful. Other than tht, the team is pretty good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)