Not open for further replies.

sasha

torrent
is a Pre-Contributor
Assigned to: avarice

Username: cy
PS! Username: sashh
Your timezone: gmt -7
Usual Hours of Availability: pretty sporadic, usually in -7 noon to night unless i randomly have plans
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): started playing smogon in 2020, was pretty bad and i played a lot since, been playing a lot of mono and have been managing team tours there. would like to learn a tier outside of mono and pu has been a place of interest for a while. mainly just looking to get better in builder.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Assigned to: Zen

Username: cardinal silver
PS! Username: cardinal silver
Your timezone: GMT-5
Usual Hours of Availability: Noon to 11PM pretty much every day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing with SM, then went on and off for a year or so. After I came back, I continued playing SM as well as SS. I have some experience in ADV, and I enjoy using teams that feature offpicks.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: Whammerist
PS! Username: Whammerist
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: Over the summer, almost whenever, from noon to midnight / 2AM most weekdays. Also gonna be missing a big chunk of July.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokémon (min. 3 sentences): I've been on Showdown since 2014 when I was a tiny kid, always able to put up a decent fight in any tier but not actually being good at any of them. Probably have had over 1,000 battles. When I was playing a whole bunch, I did a fair few 1v1 tours and OM tournaments, was 1v1 Room Voice for a while... for the past year or two, I've mostly played draft leagues with friends, where I pretty much always make playoffs with a winning record against both other Smogon and non-Smogon dorks.
That is to say, I definitely can beat anyone who isn't actually good, but I struggle against people who... are. And so, I hope that maining a new tier with a tutor who I enjoy hanging out with and can motivate me, will get me to really under and master a metagame to where I can ladder to the top and enjoy high level Smogon battling!
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, I'm @ wham#0005, I love calling people to hang out but obviously text works fine... I'm pretty charismatic and chill all around!
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yep -- I realize this isn't VGC, I will be active to the best of my ability, and I will respect the time of whoever is tutoring me!

Assigned to roxiee

Username: 85percent
PS! Username: 85percent
Your timezone: GMT+2
Usual Hours of Availability: 9pm - 1am best, but flexible
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Started playing competitively mid 2018, mostly in lower tiers, especially ZU. Then moved to NFE when SS came out and kinda stopped playing and just focused on building, outside of the occasional (team-)tour game here and there. Now I'm pretty happy with my building and wanna work on my play. (I signed up for tutoring before, but it was cut short because the tutor was no longer available - hope that isn't a problem)
Are you able to use Discord?: Yep

Assigned to Ashbala

Username:MiNi Charizard-x
PS! Username:MiNi Charizard X
Your timezone: +5.5
Usual Hours of Availability: 1430 to 1600hrs + 1800 to 2200hrs my weekdays and 1200hrs to 1600hrs + 1800hrs to 2200hrs +5.5
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing showdown casually in pandemic and returned after a break in jan 2021 and from then I have spent a lot of time there,I main 1v1 rn and I find monotype as a cool format but often struggle to build good and make the best decisions in various matchups.
Are you able to use Discord?:Yes [MiNi Charizard-X#6690]
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes!
[Requesting Ashbala99 as a tutor as he agreed to it :)]

Assigned to sasha

Username:Trouser Snakes
PS! Username:coo1313
Your timezone:gmt -4
Usual Hours of Availability: My schedule changes weekly but most of the time have Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10am - 3pm free.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I made it to winners finals in the latest Monotype Gens. I played in the latest edition of MPL but went 0-4. I feel like all my games were winnable but I made a crucial mistake towards the end. So I would like help learning how to close out games.
Are you able to use Discord?:Coo1313#0188
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes

Assigned to justdrew

justdrew has agreed to tutor me
Username: jay
PS! Username: scald
Your timezone: GMT -4
Usual Hours of Availability: 10 AM - 4 PM then 9 PM - 12 AM weekdays, 3 PM - 12 AM weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have played on and off since 2014 and have never really been able to find a particular tier that I liked and get good at it. Normally I would default to OU but after trying UU this generation I really have enjoyed it so far. I am looking for help with learning and understanding the ever-changing metagame, teambuilding and cleaning up my rushed and or sometimes sloppy play.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes

Assigned to justdrew

Username: NoahDeKnight
PS! Username: NoahDeKnight
Your timezone: GMT -4 (EDT)
Usual Hours of Availability: After 4:30 PM most days
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I first created my smogon account in 2018, after watching some False Swipe Gaming videos. Fast forward to 2021, and I got back into competitive Pokémon. I joined the UU and NU discords because they were the 2 smogon discords that were public. I noticed that the UU discord had a lot more activity so I mained UU. However I am not the best at UU so that is why I want to be tutored.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Noah_#6942

paolode99

✨Let the sun warm your soul✨
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Assigned to AtraX Madara

Username: paolode99
PS! Username: paolode99
Your timezone: gmt +2
Usual Hours of Availability: in weekdays after 7 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): predominantly monotype is my most played tier, so I would like to learn how to use all types better and improve my play style
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes.

Crunchman

lucky and bad
is a Tiering Contributor
Assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: Crunchman
PS! Username: Crunchman
Your timezone: EDT (GMT-4)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 9pm-12am approx, weekends all day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokémon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing Doubles OU for about 18 months now, and ladder Random Battles a lot. I previously went through the Battling 101 program, which might make me ineligible, but my tutor got permabanned so I kind of don't have that teacher-student connection. I also feel like I've been struggling with building, which makes sense since I enjoy playing the game more than teambuilding, but I would still like to bring my compositions to the next level. I've pretty much never built something by myself that I was satisfied with, and it just feels like all of my builds are lacking that cohesion/something to really change it from a good six to a good team. Practically every team in my builder that I consider good or am comfortable with was built mostly by someone else.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes (Crunchman#2686)
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes, I previously dropped a VGC tutoring after only a small number of sessions because my timezone made it difficult to schedule with my tutor and I slowly lost motivation. I hope this isn't an issue but will understand if it is.

Assigned to IoSonoNeon

Username: Flatemo
PS! Username: Holy Flatemo
Your timezone: GMT+8
Usual Hours of Availability:
I'm available from 2 PM-4 PM GMT+2. I can also play at an earlier time.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in the middle of 2020. I mainly play Ubers but I'm still not that good of a player. I mainly play in Ubers tours, non official team tours, and sometimes room tours.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)