Rejected Allow users to set their main account name to display when using alts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBPC

stranded on an island
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So PS alts have a known history of being used for a lot of things, such as tour matches, ladder tours, and the new speedrunning event that I've been hosting out over in the PS! Forum. Naturally, having to identify players from their alternative account names can be a bit of a pain for both moderating and just trying to spectate runs live if you manage to catch the attempts, especially in the case of speedrunning where you have to make a fresh new alt every attempt.

The idea here is pretty simple, add a command (eg: /setalt or /displayname) to allow users to have their name be easily shown without having to repeatedly tell others who you are. We could use one or both of the following examples, having the main name exist in an area somewhere around where the status function is on current ps

Screenshot_20210610-120402-036.png

or have the name display by your messages during text chat
Screenshot_20210610-120724-782.png

it'd also probably display names before the colon as well but this was the best i could make it look

Its a small quality of life change but it'd help a lot for identifying players.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
Does /status not serve this purpose already?
Additionally, it seems like if someone wants to be known, they can just say their name, otherwise they don't want to be known, and wouldn't do this anyway.
So, why not just use statuses for this?

SBPC

stranded on an island
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've never once seen status used for this, and i probably should have mentioned this in OP but it would allow it to stay consistent between alts, since the idea stemmed from speedrunning where you go through 4-5 alts in every session

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)