AAA Almost Any Ability

I have a personal opinion about embody speed and attack and how they could be unbanned with restrictions: I'm not sure how this could be coded well, but perhaps have attack have to have the mon have an attack of 60 or less to be usable, and same for speed but 70 speed. This could help give some more weaker or slower mons a chance to shine without being too broken, while also not letting broken mons be even more broken.

Gimmicky

You give me chills, I've had it with the drills
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I have a personal opinion about embody speed and attack and how they could be unbanned with restrictions: I'm not sure how this could be coded well, but perhaps have attack have to have the mon have an attack of 60 or less to be usable, and same for speed but 70 speed. This could help give some more weaker or slower mons a chance to shine without being too broken, while also not letting broken mons be even more broken.
6i96uy.png

Anyway this is not happening, there is no reason to ban something "with exceptions", it adds nothing to the metagame and goes directly against tiering policy. we do not ban things but "with exceptions", especially ones as arbitrary as this

cat

anemoia
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
restrictions never go well in any format, if you can free embody attack on mons with 60< attack, then whats stopping you from freeing huge power but for 50<, etc. it opens up a can of worms no one likes

restrictions never go well in any format, if you can free embody attack on mons with 60< attack, then whats stopping you from freeing huge power but for 50<, etc. it opens up a can of worms no one likes
The problem with huge power is attack raising moves that actually impact that, while embody attack does the same as dragon dance but minus the speed boost, making it a decent ability for weak mons who would like to do alittle more damage without risking their lives doing setup.

Gimmicky

You give me chills, I've had it with the drills
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I've seen many cases of things being banned with exceptions, this would just be another case
what other tiers choose to do has no jurisdiction over the tiering of AAA, or Other Metas in general. There will not be an arbitrary exception with no basis behind it other than "it would make bad mons good". We don't do restrictions, we don't do "banned except for ____". There's no ifs, ands, or buts for that. It is not being freed for anything or banned for just some things. We don't tier individual aspects of Pokemon or distribution of abilities, we tier Pokemon and abilities as a whole.

cat

anemoia
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
The problem with huge power is attack raising moves that actually impact that, while embody attack does the same as dragon dance but minus the speed boost, making it a decent ability for weak mons who would like to do alittle more damage without risking their lives doing setup.
that is nowhere close to the point - my argument can be made for everything banned so far. why not unban parental bond but you cant use secondary effect moves with it? free flutter mane but you cant use shadow ball and moonblast? restrictions are not happening since they open up that can of worms no one wants to open, and like gimmicky said, it goes against tiering policy

what other tiers choose to do has no jurisdiction over the tiering of AAA, or Other Metas in general. There will not be an arbitrary exception with no basis behind it other than "it would make bad mons good". We don't do restrictions, we don't do "banned except for ____". There's no ifs, ands, or buts for that. It is not being freed for anything or banned for just some things. We don't tier individual aspects of Pokemon or distribution of abilities, we tier Pokemon and abilities as a whole.
Which isn't really the best idea, as it eliminates alot of the point of having competitive be competitive and fun. Alot of people would have alot fun using more slower mons and people can have more fun with their all baby gimmicks, a common gimmick to see which doesn't really work well when they have no real helpful abilities. It could even be hard-coded to work like eviolite, as that could add more of a competitiveness to the om that it is severely lacking right now as people would be able to actually be more creative with their teams instead of being forced to use the same 6 mons everytime.

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
Which isn't really the best idea, as it eliminates alot of the point of having competitive be competing and fun. Alot of people would have alot fun using more slower mons and people can have more fun with their all baby gimmicks, a common gimmick to see which doesn't really work well when they have no real helpful abilities. It could even be hard-coded to work like eviolite, as that could add more of a competitiveness to the om that it is severely lacking right now as people would be able to actually more creative with their teams instead of being forced to use the same 6 mons everytime.
The highlighted part is extremely subjective. Tournament and ladder games over the last few months have shown that there is plenty of room for exploration still, and if anything a DLC drop with a lot of moveset changes (and new Pokemon) are practically an objective definition of room for creativity. I'm not sure which statistics you're using to discover that people are "being forced to use the same 6 mons everytime", but they don't seem very true to the tier at any level of play.

The "official" reason we don't use restrictions is that tiering is meant to be as simple as possible so that any new person can easily understand it, pick up the tier, and build/play it. If something is too strong, it's banned. If it's uncompetitive, it's banned. Otherwise, it's allowed. We avoid arbitrary sliding scales and pick-and-choose tiering because (as was proven by your own explanations above) they get very complex very fast and don't actually have a central reference point--especially when they're for weak reasoning like "to make weak Pokemon better" <- this is a competitive Pokemon battling site; if something isn't good in a given meta, then it just isn't good and that's okay.

Pretty much the only situation where restrictions are allowable is when they make a tier playable where it wouldn't be otherwise or significantly improved where it's desperately necessary. AAA does not fall under that at all, so the idea of restrictions won't be entertained. Please drop the topic.

Isaiah

is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
Darkrai is banned too! It's not a very complicated Pokemon: Sheer Force and Beads of Ruin sets KO everything, and 125 Speed outspeeds most of the foes trying to do anything about it.

IsaiahQTLBIvar57DFMTranquilityAthaResult
Ban Darkrai?BANBANBANBANBANBANBAN7-0 BAN
Tagging Kris for implementation

Last edited:

cat

anemoia
It's Day 2, I have more refined thoughts now and a team to share :3
:barraskewda: :azelf: :goodra: :quaquaval: :scream tail: :empoleon: Knock Spam + Pivot BO (w/ a Fairy/Dragon/Steel defensive core)
Played around with the AzelfSkewda core which is really fun; the idea of this team is wearing down other teams with the million Knock Offs, Pivot Moves and use either Azelf, Skewda or Scream Tail to clean up. I still think Scream Tail is plenty bad though. The AzelfSkewda core is Fast, strong, packs double U-turn. I like Scarf Azelf rn to deal with Electrics like Helec and Leki, Specs Azelf does more raw damage but it makes the core more prone to Scarfers and Electrics. Goodra and Empo deal with basically every special wallbreaker for now, Scream Tail and Quaquaval deal with most Physical Wallbreakers. Team also had a million variations, notably had Wabs Lando to deal with Skewda better and RegenVest Tusk > Goodra and Quaqua.

Most importantly: Embody Aspect is locked behind Tera Masked Ogerpon(s). No more pre-nerf Dauntless Shield(s) :( This means that Empo falls off a cliff apart from desperate RegenVest sets that might work, ig (or you could use VoR, but its kinda eh...)

hello all, simple webs team incoming.
ribombee.pnggreat tusk.pngdragonite.pngsinistcha.pngmanaphy.pngmunkidori.png
not much to say. ribombee sets webs and tspikes, scrappy tusk spins reliably, dnite cleans and helps with opposing offense. sinistcha (my favorite new mon!) is a better version of fluffy wisp polteageist that spinblocks, eats tusk's stabs for breakfast, and can sweep. manaphy is manaphy, also tried out beads of ruin on it, switched to teravolt after I saw unaware scream usage rise. SFLO munki is really tough to wall, has decent MU against empoleon and hoodra if you can hit your focus blasts. mileage may vary against offensive zapdos sets. have fun y'all!

Heres the first team i made after dlc. Feels pretty solid and managed to win a room tour with it as well.

https://pokepast.es/e08214ce5b9b2198

Volcanion @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power

Part of my favourite offensive core in aaa along with zarude. Amazing wallbreaker and pretty great bulk too. Grassy terrain allows it to face eq users with ease.

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Fang
- Drain Punch
- Fire Blast

Copied this set from a pre dlc team. Could change for a different spdf wall now that your other mons can use koff, but absorbinb the odd tspikes is massive for zarude and tails.

Zarude-Dada @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Grassy Glide
- Power Whip
- U-turn

Glide got nerfed but doesnt matter, powerwhip still hits hard as hell. Bulky resists not named corv can be 2hkoed with a little chip, while offensive resists are put into glide range after 1 whip. Koff is also insane, since one of zarudes greatest weaknesses used to be helmet on corv, now it doesnt care and lives for much longer. Also grassy surge gives a lot of bulk to this team, with eq not threatening ohkos on volc and muk and the healing being massive for the 4 very bulky grounded mons.

Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Aerilate
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Body Slam
- Extreme Speed
- Roost
- Thunderbolt

first time im using this in aaa and love it. tbolt for corv, body slam for slower mons or enemy switches and espeed to clean up. Has enough natural bulk to reliably roost in front of defensive pokemon.

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 99
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Defog

Again copied this from an older team. Should probably change to embody aspect though.

Scream Tail @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Wish
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam

very good against set up sweepers. Otherwise sr/wish bot mainly for volc and zarude.

Overall a pretty bulky team and easy to use as well.

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
OK, interesting mechanics discovery: Ogerpon can exist on cartridge in its alternate formes without the need for a mask if done via hacking. The instant you change or remove its item, it will revert to the base forme, but if you hack it in with the item you want and simply never change it, Ogerpon's alternate formes are fully functional without the mask. These changes persist when used in a battle. Technically, this should mean it's legal in AAA, and this follows the precedent that Silvally had last gen, where non-Normal type formes were allowed to exist with an item and ability choice (and i've just tested this, but Silvally has the exact same "allowed to exist but touch the item and it goes back to normal" interaction in SS).

Now this raises the question of the precedent - whether it's worth sticking to it and freeing Ogerpon formes without the mask requirement, or whether it should remain off limits since it's only doable with a save editor. That's not really something I think I have a big stake in, since I don't play this tier all that much and this argument can't really be anything more than semantics, so it'll mostly be down to people that play it more than me. Maybe the council can hold a vote? I don't know.

My opinion on every mon made legal from the dlc release

edit: added their most relevant abilities
S Rank
:Empoleon:Empoleon: Vessel of Ruin, Immunity ability
:Manaphy:Manaphy: Regenerator, Immunity ability
A Rank
A
:Fezandipiti:Fezandipiti: Corrosion, Regenerator
:Ogerpon-Hearthflame:Ogerpon-Hearthflame: Desolate Land, Sword of Ruin
B Rank
B
:Chandelure: Chandelure: Sheer Force, Desolate Land, Beads of Ruin
:Mandibuzz: Mandibuzz: Well-Baked Body, Magic Guard
:Kommo-O: Kommo-O: Triage, Regenerator
:Jirachi: Jirachi: Regenerator, Earth Eater, Well-Baked Body
:Munkidori: Munkidori: Sheer Force, Beads of Ruin
:Okidogi: Okidogi: Triage, Sword of Ruin
:Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: Galvanize, Tinted Lens, Beads of Ruin, Sheer Force
:Sinistcha: Sinistcha: Fluffy, Well-Baked Body
:Ogerpon-Cornerstone: Ogerpon-Cornerstone: Rocky Payload, Sword of Ruin
:Mamoswine: Mamoswine: Sword of Ruin
C Rank
C
:Ogerpon-Wellspring: Ogerpon-Wellspring:
:Ogerpon: Ogerpon:
:Vikavolt: Vikavolt: Magic Guard, Sheer Force, Prankster
:Ribombee: Ribombee: Prankster
:Probopass: Probopass: Earth Eater
:Leavanny: Leavanny: Prankster
:Ariados: Ariados: Prankster, Corrosion
:Ninetales-Alola: Ninetales-Alola: Snow Warning
:Gliscor: Gliscor: Regenerator
:Clefable: Clefable: Regenerator
:Infernape: Infernape: Download, Adaptability
:Torterra: Torterra: Skill Link, Dazzling
:Shaymin: Shaymin:
:Conkeldurr: Conkeldurr: Triage
:Milotic: Milotic: Vessel of Ruin, Tablets of Ruin, Immunity ability, Regenerator
:Mienshao: Mienshao: Sword of Ruin
Unusable
:Arbok: Arbok
:Sandslash: Sandslash
:Sandslash-Alola: Sandslash-Alola
:Victreebel: Victreebel
:Ninetales: Ninetales
:Poliwrath: Poliwrath
:Golem: Golem
:Golem-Alola: Golem-Alola
:Weezing: Weezing
:Weezing-Galar: Weezing-Galar
:Furret: Furret
:Noctowl: Noctowl
:Politoed: Politoed
:Magcargo: Magcargo
:Mightyena: Mightyena
:Ludicolo: Ludicolo
:Shiftry: Shiftry
:Illumise: Illumise
:Volbeat: Volbeat
:Crawdaunt: Crawdaunt
:Chimecho: Chimecoh
:Ambipom: Ambipom
:Yanmega: Yanmega
:Dipplin: Dipplin
:Dusknoir: Dusknoir
:Phione: Phione
:Swanna: Swanna
:Trevenant: Trevenant
:Cramorant: Cramorant
:Morpeko: Morpeko

Low and behold, over half of them are ass. Partially because of major powercreep, partially because they've always been shitmons.

and uh my reasoning for ariados is that it is similar to spidops but has toxic and disable, rest should be somewhat self explanatory.

Last edited:
heres a cool set ive been running

Ogerpon-Hearthflame (F) @ Hearthflame Mask
Ability: Triage
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Ivy Cudgel
- Swords Dance
- Encore

comes in on defensive mons like corv or unawares, encores into roost/wish/ defog etc, sd and sweeps. Has an incredible sweep potential as the only notable mons that resist its stab combos are cinderace, iron moth and dragonite, of which only dragonite can safely switch into a +2 pon and force it out, bt only once and from full hp bec it still takes 70 from cudgel.

Enough speed evs to outspeed gapdos and volcarona, but you could also run full speed to risk a speed tie with iron moth.

Isaiah

UM/OM Leader
A bunch of HO leads are lame and can feel like you're playing with 5 Pokemon, so here's a team that aims to greed on every lead matchup in hopes that you don't get OHKOed and autolose:

:Weavile::Ogerpon-Cornerstone::Great Tusk::Manaphy::Azelf::Zapdos-Galar:

1) Lead Weavile and either KO something or do massive damage; otherwise, lead Azelf and hope you get turn 1 right (U-turn/EForce/double to Weavile and click Beat Up are usually your options).

2) Find a way to get in Ogerpon because it's broken (consider SoR if you want Horn Leech to do more than 3%).

3) Hope that by now you can clean up the rest.

Enjoy!

A bunch of HO leads are lame and can feel like you're playing with 5 Pokemon, so here's a team that aims to greed on every lead matchup in hopes that you don't get OHKOed and autolose:

:Weavile::Ogerpon-Cornerstone::Great Tusk::Manaphy::Azelf::Zapdos-Galar:

1) Lead Weavile and either KO something or do massive damage; otherwise, lead Azelf and hope you get turn 1 right (U-turn/EForce/double to Weavile and click Beat Up are usually your options).

2) Find a way to get in Ogerpon because it's broken (consider SoR if you want Horn Leech to do more than 3%).

3) Hope that by now you can clean up the rest.

Enjoy!
:azelf: :great tusk: :manaphy: :ogerpon-cornerstone: :scizor: :weavile:
Here's a modified version that's not as weak to Barraskewda and Regieleki, enjoy

Isaiah

UM/OM Leader
:sv/Toxapex::sv/Garganacl::sv/Gliscor::sv/Corviknight::sv/Scream Tail::sv/Blissey:(click for team paste)

Toxic Debris Toxapex Hazard Stack team. It got a few fresh accounts pretty high on the ladder with very good records, so I figured I might as well throw it on here for people to try/mess around with. The Garganacl's purpose is to trap and kill pretty much every defensive Great Tusk set (unless they're running the abomination that is Roar Tusk), so be very careful about changing it. A neat idea here is that even though this team has solo removal Corv, it gets up its own hazards so easily and often that it likely won't matter in practice. Blissey being the only spdef wall means the team gets corked by teams stacking super strong stuff like Gengar and co., but in theory chip damage spam should be enough to keep them in check (Azelf is never not a nuisance though).

Last edited:
First day laddering post-dlc and hit number two

Since I couldn't run boots with everything that got knock from dlc, I just settled for having more hazard control. The problem is that with three mons weak to rocks, I kinda insta lose if they do every stay up. The team's also missing important defensive typings in water, steel, and fairy so there are definitely mons I lose to that I just haven't ran into yet. Most of the time Avalugg is bulky enough that physical neutral hits might as well be resisted.

+6 252+ Atk Life Orb Kommo-o Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fluffy Avalugg: 286-337 (72.5 - 85.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The teams applies pressure through flame body burns and chip damage. The other option I was considering for the regen slot was goodra with it's new access to scald and knock, but I feel like its too passive, especially since a big part the chip damage comes from the regenvest spamming attacks since it didnt need a turn to heal. I dont know why I picked decidueye over quaquaval or something but it does its job reasonably well.

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader
After tilting about 2 months ago on the AAA ladder and never quite recovering back to my preferred spot in terms of GXE, I finally have enough interest in the meta to create a team and made it back to the magical 80 GXE that my average self feels is necessary at minimum. As a result I am posting the teams that got me there, some are better then others, but I will highlight the one that proved most successful (it is strange).

Blushes, it isn't impressive by any means but whatever!
Anyways, without further ado, here is the team that got me there.

Quaquaval @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
Tera Type: Water
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Roost

This set is designed to act as a general check to Dark types such as Weavile and Meowscarada as well as check Ogerpon among other things, it can also act as a weak check to manaphy's whose only coverage is energy ball and scald. Has worked out quite well but can crumble to powerful hits or heavily setup'd Pokemon.

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Volt Absorb
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Volt Absorb Corviknight is there to help with the matchup against electrics which would otherwise destroy this team and does a fine job of doing so, I choose defensive EV's because most electrics don't have moves that work are all that effective against it and I'd rather improve my matchup against Tusk by any means.

Avalugg @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Tera Type: Ice
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Avalanche
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

My hazard remover and general tank, hits pretty hard and the combination of Body Press and Avalanche makes it relatively hard to switch into easily aside from Corviknight which is a Pokemon that is easy to predict. It is Magic Guard because of the obscene amount of Knock Off in the tier and also let's absorb Toxic from Corrosion Mandibuzzes / Fezandipiti's. Do not underestimate this pokemon, I only am using it because I faced one against Glaliegoesboom and it was annoying so I thought wynaut give it a go, and it works.

Samurott-Hisui @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Ceaseless Edge
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword
- Flip Turn

Regenvest Samurott-hisui was choosen for a multitude of reasons, firstly, I needed something, anything to switch special attacks especially Azelf, second, I wanted something that could setup hazards, thirdly, I need it to be able to pivot and not be overly passive. These requirements really pigeon holed me into using Samurott-hisui as a regenvester and it has done a solid job at it, granted, it isn't stellar at taking special hits due to low spdef but I can generally handle most matchups with it in tow.

Iron Moth @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fiery Dance
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Morning Sun

It's standard DesoLand Iron Moth with Toxic over U-turn, mainly to punish switch-ins that aren't immune to it (Garchomp, Roaring Moon, etc...).

Azelf @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Expanding Force
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Trick

I like Choice Specs Azelf for it's obscene power it has, and have opted to run Dazzling Gleam to better handle Dark type matchups, it's effectiveness does however, come down to prediction and trick is there for the emergency, Cress / Scream Tail setup spam.

This variant of the team has not lost yet, I feel like you could probably better min-max the team, potentially swapping members for other stuff to cover for it's weaknesses but as a whole it has been quite effective at around 1500-1600 range.

TEAM DUMP
:Azelf: :Empoleon: :Goodra: :Walking Wake: :Roaring Moon: :Corviknight:This is my second most successful team and works fairly well, though it kinda crumbles to strong fighting types and really doesn't appreciate the rise in Water Absorb randos like Great Tusk and Corviknight.

:Azelf: :Empoleon: :Mandibuzz: :Zapdos-Galar: :Infernape: :Corviknight: Similar core of Azelf + Empoleon (VA to handle Electrics) + Corviknight but I run Corrosion Mandi to punish everything that can't kill it, Zapdos-Galar because it is lowkey busted, and scarf regen Infernape to handle the likes of Weavile.

:Corviknight: :Fezandipiti: :Dragonite: :Manaphy: :Chien-pao: :Heatran:This is a modified version of my first team, biggest issue with this team is the matchup against Azelf being pretty dismal.

:Jirachi: :Manaphy: :Heatran: :Meowscarada: :Walking Wake: :Conkeldurr: Experimental team with weird things like grassy surge Meow with Grassy Glide, Defog Triage Conk, and Colburr Berry, Well-Baked Jirachi with Doom Desire.

Metagame Thoughts

I am enjoying the metagame much more then I did post-Home, maybe it is the sheer amount of unexplored territory but I feel there is a lot of room to explore and experiment, moreso then even post-home. I think the biggest highlight I've found is that I feel less pigeonholed then I did previously, I've actually created teams without regenerator which prior to DLC 1 was basically only a thing on HO and this definitely invigorated my exploratory spirit in regards to teambuilding.

Last edited:

cat

anemoia
:sv/dragonite: :sv/zapdos-galar:
These mons need to go!

:sv/dragonite:
Dragonite is still shredding the tier similarly to pre-HOME, with only one good defensive check gained in Zapdos and one good offensive check in Azelf (which loses to prediction). Garg's popularity has fallen off a cliff and Ground-immune sets was probably the biggest counter Dragonite had if running the standard DD / ES / EQ / Roost. EQ can always be slotted out for specific coverage — tbolt, low kick, encore, fire punch, facade, anything honestly. It places heavy pressure on the builder for most teams or forces a teamslot in Unaware Scream Tail (which doesn't like CB + rocks + even the smallest chip)

:sv/zapdos-galar:
The only real mon that can switch into its STABs is Corv and defensive Zapdos, but they don't like Knock Off removing their items and taking constant chip from rocks + U-turn every time they switch in. This is basically unwallable and only has offensive CPlay keeping it in check, especially the underrated MGLO set which imo is better than SoR CB; MGLO just gathers free rocks chip while clicking U-turn on anything that wants to come in Apart from Knock, nothing much has really changed apart from being a prey of the newly returned Dragonite and it's base 100 speed being worse with more viable faster pivots that troll it like Azelf and Barraskewda.

Other mons

:sv/chien-pao:
Lash Out is a big boon for it and autowins vs any matchup that rely on Corv as their only Chien check (not like its realistically beating through defensive Quaquaval anyway). Skewda says hi though, especially with rocks up. It should still remain as a good wallbreaker / cleaner overall.

:sv/walking wake:
Honestly I haven't played with this enough but it's pretty similar to Hydreigon but it's Dracos don't do as much since Hydrei can afford Modest while Wake prefers its fine speed tier. It hasn't done enough when I played against it since it needs good prediction to break past a Dragon/Fairy core. It still can Flip Turn around and Knock Off AVs so that's cool. I've seen some MGLO / RegenVest sets using Knock / Flip / Scald / Draco but it usually ends up not doing too much and just extends the match.

:sv/ogerpon-hearthflame:
I was trolling when I said that the Ogerpon formes were mid. Desoland Hearthflame doesn't have much switch-ins apart from like, WBB Corv which is bad. Ivy Cudgel actually benefits from Fluffy because fsr it isnt contact... I don't think its that suspicious since it can't run Boots / CB even if it wanted to unlike other Fires like Cinderace and Ceruledge.

:sv/ceruledge:
Yes, this does break everything in existence bar itemless WBB mons or something. Realistically though, it's never coming in safely with how fast the meta is rn. Also you have to play carefully with your Knocks with this making it harder to justify certain partners with it.

:sv/kommo-o:
It's like a Great Tusk, but has an actual spdef set and checks Meow, Skewda, every Oger, etc. If your regen slot is open and you want a check to them, this works nicely. Otherwise, NatCure + Rest is a pain to muscle past. Very underrated, its a good wall that can force chip with Rocky Helm. Offensive wise no one to my knowledge has brought a working Triage + BD set but I can see mixed DD / ClangSoul with Galvanize Boomburst existing as a wincon / on screens HO

:sv/manaphy:
Annoying af. Someone was using Quick Feet + Flame Orb + Tail Glow which seems fun to use on HO but is ultimately just fishing for Unaware Scream Tail. RegenVest sets are good and can even run Take Heart as its 4th move as a wincon late game. Heatran and Volcanion just despite its existence too since they lack the tools to remove it.

:sv/azelf::sv/barraskewda:
Azelf is still cool. Nothing much else, its still an Azelf. Same with Skewda.

https://pokepast.es/2864cb5bd6ff143c
peak using this team:
1695434126835.png

played with kommo-o and lash out pao in this team, really cool mons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 4)