Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 68 HP / 60 Def / 124 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

--Ting-Lu's set is bulky as well as offensive at the same time as it helps in KO'ing the normal flutter manes and stomping tantrum with Chien-Pao on the field Ko's Iron Hands. It also holds the Lum berry which helps get out of status moves like paralysis, poison, burn and sleep.
--Dondozo's set is just like Ting-Lu's set but the thing with Dondozo is he is able to take down CS Lando very low with Wave Crash and can also Ko it. Yawn can be used for Pokemon that target the other mon on the field and can deal with threats like Tatsugiri-Dondozo. Heavy Slam is used for Flutter Mane just like Ting-Lu.
--Chien-Pao's set is Hyper Offense Life Orb dealing with Flutter Mane, Tornadus, Amoongus, Ogerpon- Grass and with other Chien-Pao. Chien-Pao paired with Dragonite helps KO threats like Iron Hands.
--Chi-Yu's set is also Hyper Offense focus sash dealing with threats like Amoongus, Chien-Pao, and has Ghost Tera Type which helps negate damage from Drain Punch. Chi-Yu also has Overheat which is a very good move considering threats like Regieleki and Swords Dance Iron Hands sets rising. It also does good damage against Ogerpon-Wellspring Mask.
--Flutter Mane's Set has some bulk to it as it does not go completely offensive. Booster Energy increases its Special Attack which helps dealing with Urshifu and Chien-Pao matchups extremely well and easily. It also deals with other Flutter Mane and Ghost Tera Type Chi-Yu easily.
--Dragonite has been mentioned in the above lines and I don't think it requires any explanation.

Last edited:
Hm. Lum Ting is interesting. W/ Ruination you aren't totally crippled by a burn, you have tera for poison(not perfect cause they can get you before, but still,) and para is dangerous, but the spe drop is mostly negligible. So I'd consider Safety Goggles, as sleep is the most disruptive for it by far...generally.

It looks fine besides, maybe include reasons for fancy ev spreads. I try to.

LovelyLuna

Lost in a life full of mistakes
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hey, thanks for posting! The team seems to be heavily leaning towards Hyper Offence and the composition is actually great right now, utilities destructive duos with Dondozo as an option to fall back on. However, the team is missing a few things that prevent it from being as strong as it can be, specifically that it tries to add defensive presence into a Hyper Offensive team which won't always work.

Major Changes (Pokemon replacements, Set changes)

Ting-Lu :Ting-Lu: -> Tatsugiri :Tatsugiri:

Ting-Lu :Ting-Lu: is unfortunately too passive for this team, has a lot of anti-synergy as a huge momentum sink and doesn't appreciate the much frailer pokemon dropping. Not to mention it is hard for the team to fall back on Ting-Lu :Ting-Lu: when it adds another fighting and fairy weakness, a much more reliable defensive backbone ks the option to hard switch into a +2 Dondozo :Dondozo:, which also provides a lot of offensive pressure making it less of a momentum sink. Tatsugiri :Tatsugiri: also lets the team follow a basic plan; send out one of your hyper offensive duos to wreck havoc, and then a boosted Dondozo :Dondozo: can clean up much easier.

Tatsugiri @ Choice Scarf
Level: 50
Ability: Commander
EVs: 60 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpA / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
Tera Type: Water / Steel
Timid Nature
- Muddy Water
- Draco Meteor
- Icy Wind
- Sleep Talk / Dragon Pulse / Hydro Pump

Flutter Mane :Flutter Mane: from a SpA Booster Energy set to a Speed Booster Energy set and Chi-Yu :Chi-Yu: from a Focus Sash set to a Choice Specs set.

Flutter Mane :Flutter Mane: + Chi-Yu :Chi-Yu: shines as a superb duo specifically through this set, Chi-Yu :Chi-Yu:'s speed is lacking but it's a fantastic nuke, Flutter Mane :Flutter Mane: can equip the speed boost to outspeed almost the entire format while simultaneously helping Chi-Yu :Chi-Yu: with Icy wind support. Having both be this slow makes you much weaker into Chien-Pao :Chien-Pao:, faster compositions, and generally less threatening as again, Chi-Yu :Chi-Yu:'s speed tier isn't ideal. Specs makes up for the damage lost on Flutter Mane :Flutter Mane: and also frees up the Focus Sash for a pokemon in particular.

Flutter Mane @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 28 HP / 212 Def / 132 SpA / 4 SpD / 132 Spe
Tera Type: Fairy
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Chi-Yu @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beads of Ruin
EVs: 212 HP / 4 Def / 124 SpA / 4 SpD / 164 Spe
Tera Type: Ghost
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Dark Pulse
- Overheat
- Snarl

Minor Changes (Items, Tera Types, Movesets)

Make Chien-Pao :Chien-Pao: Focus Sash now that its available, the pokemon is vulnerable to everything due to the poor typing and Focus Sash let's you get around that, without the need to run a defensive Tera. Dondozo :Dondozo: is in particular one of the best Tera abusers due to being so bulky, it let's you break past their Iron Hands :Iron Hands: or Rillaboom :Rillaboom: and it becomes a rough matchup. This means the less Chien-Pao :Chien-Pao: needs to Tera, the better.

Dondozo :Dondozo: wants an offensive move over yawn now that you are going for Hyper Offence. Order Up is an option to raise your attack or speed depending on the Tatsugiri form. Heavy Slam is also not great, your team is fine into opposing Flutter Mane :Flutter Mane: and with Tatsugiri :Tatsugiri:'s new support, Wave Crash straight up ohkos. Tera Blast to reliably hit Urshifu :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: or Earthquake to get around Ogerpon Wellspring :Ogerpon-Wellspring:'s follow me are both great options here.

Dragonite :Dragonite: wants Inner Focus due to how prevalent Intimidate and Fake out respectively are. You don't want pokemon like Iron Hands :Iron Hands: and Harcanine :Arcanine-Hisui: to have much better of a matchup into the duo. I would also suggest Outrage or Ariel Ace over Ice Spinner as you already have Chien-Pao :Chien-Pao: who intends to be next to Dragonite :Dragonite: anyway.

Very Minor Changes (EVs, Natures)

Would in general recommend taking a look at Smogon Strategy Dex for EVs you're unsure of.

Dondozo :Dondozo: would now want more speed for the opportunity to outspeed pokemon like Urshifu :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: with the commander boosts.

I also noticed that your Flutter Mane :Flutter Mane: is relatively frail, but I'd just highly suggest taking the set I offered.

And that is what I have to say! Goal was to make a Dondozo Hyper Offence team, keeping the pokemon and the idea but taking the last step with Tatsugiri. Hope it helped and you'll have fun! Feel free to ask me any questions.

Last edited:
Hm. Lum Ting is interesting. W/ Ruination you aren't totally crippled by a burn, you have tera for poison(not perfect cause they can get you before, but still,) and para is dangerous, but the spe drop is mostly negligible. So I'd consider Safety Goggles, as sleep is the most disruptive for it by far...generally.

It looks fine besides, maybe include reasons for fancy ev spreads. I try to.
Thanks alot for the inputs. I shall change the Ting-Lu since even I felt that it was frail nowadays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)