Ambipom and Scarf Greninja??? (This team peaked like top 50)

THE PROLOGUE
Hey guys I havent made a RMT in a while and this team is really the only team that I would call "mine" mainly because at the time if making this team(which was a while ago) I never saw one like it and mega pinsir wasnt as popular. But with the incoming bans of lucario and genesect I decided I had to switch up my team to deal with the new major threats so IM turning to you guys for some help.

Before I post it I just want to reiterate that this team is really good at handling lucario and genesect, so now I would like it to be really good at handling things like pinsir/charx-y/kyub/and maybe stall teams. Ill explain what I mean better later. But here is the team.
THE TEAM

Ambipom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Pursuit
- Double Hit
- U-turn

So this guy probably needs to go :(. He is an awesome counter lead but I dont always lead with him. He obviously shuts down smeargle, but I usually use him mid to late game for his fake outs that hit so hard and his duoble hit, which will straight OHKO some frailer offensive threats like greninja. But the best thing about him is definitely the fake out double hit combo, because he can outspeed most things.

But this is not just a normal ambipom he also is a fantastic pursuit trapper because people will switch out their frail psychic types not wanting to take a fake out and then they get hit with a pursuit. Its one of those things that work because its unexpected, which brings me to my next poke. Another quick note is that if I end up keeping him I might have to switch to return, it has slightly less base power but the accuracy is well worth it probably.

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

(He is also already wearing a toungue scarf so idk why its so surprising XD)
Scarf greninja... I know youre saying doesnt he have like base 122 speed? yes, yes he does. But this guy was designed for one thing and one thing only, to kill lead genesects. This was during the time when all genesects were scarfed and they all knew they outsped greninja and knew i would switch so they go for a u-turn and get OHKOd by hp fire. A few of you have seen me do this countless times and it never got old. He also was a good late game cleaner or was good to surprise a scarfchomp that thought he outsped, but now that ive used him publicly soo much people know that he is scarfed so I think I need a new surprise on this team that can catch a major threat off guard.

I also used to have u-turn on him but lately I just threw dark pulse on to be batter at cleaning up late game. I really wish I saved my replays to show the value of this guy but just trust me when I say that peeople would straight up forfeit when their lead genesect died right away.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 HP / 220 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

This is about as standard as it gets with AV conk, he just fit my team well and complimented ambipom nicely. I changed his evs a bit to better help him deal with rotom-w, which is otherwise a big threat to my team. I wish I could say more but he isnt as special as the other two lol, he just does his job of knocking off and punching everything, while being a decent special wall.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Roar
- Ancient Power
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rocks

Heatran again is pretty standard my team needed a solid way to get up rocks and a reliable roar, and I also needed something that could switch into genesect just in case it didnt get raped by greninja. Ive toyed around with maybe scarfing him or making him a toxic trapping set, but I hope you guys can help with that. Ancient power is just so talonflames and charizard dont think get too cocky and start setting up or something.

Pinsir (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Swords Dance

Yeah Mega pinsir, this is imo the best set to run with him, the sheer power he has is kind of unbelievable. The whole point of this team is to set up his sweep, which isnt very difficult to do. If you are wondering I do have Earthquake> Close Combat because I dont like the defense drop and EQ hits pretty much the same things CC would. And even mega pinsir could live an ice shard from weavile and mamo, and like 3 from donphan lol. So the defense drop would change that.

I have also thought about putting feint on but I think I would miss the damage from quick attack, but im open to opinions on that. And Mold breaker is kind of necessary imo, moxie is too situational and hitting rotom-w with an EQ is invaluable.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 228 HP / 4 SDef / 24 Spd
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

So I have 3 defoggers that I like, skarm, mandibuzz, and latias/os, The reason I have latias is because she isnt weak to SR and the life orb draco hits very hard. Thunderbolt is nice for things like skarm that think they will eat up the draco only to be smacked by a life orb twave. But I like latias' role, I could either drop a draco on something or defog because they are scared out. So I just felt that this team was best suited for a latias defogger and it has worked out really well.

THE EPILOGUE
So here is my team, sorry if ive been talking alot but im going to talk alot more. I really like when alot of effort goes into making a team and when people appreciate that and give alot of times to their rates, so I figure the more information I give the easier it will be to rate.

So like I said earlier I need to change this team, it is kind of different from other people on here because this is a finished team but I just need to change it to adapt to the new OU which will most likely be lacking genesect and lucario. I reaaaally wish I saved more replays to better portray how this team works but alas I did not. So i will just talk about some of this teams threats and shortcomings.

Faries, they are usually always a problem once heatran is out of the way, and azumarill is a problem even if heatran is up. I mean azumarill is just too bulky it can live a tbolt from latias with ease. But 3 of my pokes are weak to fairies and 2 of the other 3 are frail and get raped by hyper voice. My best way to deal with them is just to hope i get prior damage on them and let ambipom clean them up.

Conkeldurr, he also kind of runs through my team, ive even thought about putting extrasensory on greninja, but id have to ditch the scarf which i probably will do. I only can deal with him by sending my own conk in but I usually end up losing my conk only to weaken theirs.

Mega pinsir, I know its kinda funny that two of my biggest threats are on my team but like I said many times now this team is made to deal with lucario and genesect. I can only handle mega pinsir by hoping I have rocks up and the cleaning him up with ambipom. Or by ice beam with greninja which does live a +2 QA barely.

So yeah Ill keep updating the threat list, but I mainly just want to say that the only things Im keeping for sure are probably mega pinsir/Latias...maybe heatran and conk. But I will take all of your recomendations very seriously as long as you guys promise to keep in mind that I would like this team to maintain its integrity in the way that I want it to be able to surprise major threats like it used to do with genesect. So even if you want to recomend a weird obscure set but it will kill mega pinsir every time, I would love to hear it!

To get started with some ideas, it wouldnt hurt to think about another surprise scarfer or even a surprise sasher. Or maybe replace ambipom with a really nice offensive pivot, like lando or something. Idk ill leave the rest up to you guys. Sorry this was so long but thanks for reading and thanks in advance for rating!

THANK YOUS
Alot of the guys from PS have helped me either with building the team or by helping me get better at using it. If you feel you should be in this just let me know because you probably do XD.

Noge
Wizt7
SansNickel
Dread Arceus
FingersCrossed

Last edited:
Changes will be in red! Hello Arca, first things first I made a mini threat list to see what you are weak to. The biggest two are scarf Garchomp and AV Azumarill. So as far as fixing the team up goes, I suggest swapping out Ambipom for Freeze Dry Mamoswine. He beats Garchomp really easily and can do a number to the otherwise unscathed Azumarill as well as keeping the priority and hard hitting physical attacker that you found in Ambipom. To give Heatran greater staying power you might try using the 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk EV spread and change Ancient Power to Stone Edge. Stone Edge hits things like Talonflame and Mega Charizard-Y harder than Ancient Power does as well as giving you a way past some special walls if need be. The last thing I suggest changing is Latias' EV spread to a speedy one, try out 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed and a Timid Nature. Using this spread you can outpace and KO all of the following threats: non-scarfed chomp, Mega Pinsir, Mega Charizard-X, Manaphy, and Modest Thundurus. You also don't really need the SDef EV's when you have a Heatran and a AV Conkeldurr on the team. GL in the future and hoped I helped.
Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry
- Superpower

0 Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 348-412 (96.9 - 114.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

0 Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 348-412 (117.1 - 138.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

4 SpA Heatran Ancient Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 296-352 (99.6 - 118.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

0 Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 348-412 (96.9 - 114.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

4 SpA Heatran Ancient Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 196-232 (65.9 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 324-384 (109 - 129.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)