AMG's ok squad

Hi, I am amg. This is my first RU team I ever made a few days ago and I have been testing it out. I peaked around 1200 and then I tilted for some reason. Anyways, here is the team:

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

So I started the team with Alomomola because it is a nice switch-in to Mega Steelix and I did not want to use Mega Steelix because it is funny looking. It is basically the safest switch in I have for a lot of physical mons so I am using max hp and max defense instead of having some special defense investment. I have other pokemon to take special moves anyways. I am using Toxic over Knock Off for that 90% chance of getting nice residual damage on opposing mons, since relying on scald to burn is not the best idea.

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Heat Wave
- Energy Ball

This thing is good for checking a lot of Fighting mons that aren't scarfed or locked into a move that sigilyph resists. Since I don't have hazard control, I chose Sigilyph over Delphox and Meloetta. Sigilyph can't be easily worn down and does not take damage from hazards unlike Delphox and it has reliable recovery and it outspeeds Drapion unlike Meloetta. I am not using Calm Mind since I already have two other setup sweepers and I prefer the coverage. I could run an extra 16 HP EVs over speed but then I would lose the speedtie to +1 DD adamant scrafty I don't think it matters so much.

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 172 SpD / 88 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power

When I was teambuilding, I only chose this because it can't be burned by random Will-O-Wisps. It is also the only good Fire type in the tier that is not weak to Rocks. I think it works with Alomomola since Camerupt walls Rotom-C and eats up the special moves from Houndoom and other stuff that learns Will-O-Wisp. The set is standard but I run one more speed EV than the smogon analysis suggests to win speed ties and no one is stopping the base 30 speed pokemon using a 252/252+ spread from running 4 speed EVs.

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Drill Run

The nice normal, dragon and psychic resist. I could've chosen Bronzong but Bronzong is weak to Knock Off and does not have the best type coverage. I mainly chose this to deal with Meloetta so that is why it is Assault Vest over Choice Band. Also, it is a good Amoonguss and Tangrowth switch-in as it resists their STAB moves and is immune to Spore and Sleep Powder. If for some reason, they have HP Fire then I have Sigilyph (and now Houndoom) to check it. This is just a standard set with Drill Run over Knock Off for the extra coverage. I run one extra speed EV for the same reasons why Camerupt has one extra speed EV.

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

I chose virizion as my scald resist since its one of the two [good] grass type pokemon that outspeeds Jellicent and has nice speed in which my team was lacking. I am using the SD set over the CM set because people say SD is better in general and it also carries Stone Edge so I can use it to check non-scarf Delphox which 6-0s my team otherwise. I have Lum Berry over Life Orb so I can cure a scald burn and it helps breaking walls that rely on status to stop setup sweepers. I think I could afford running Stone Edge over Zen Headbutt considering that I have Camerupt, Sigilyph, and Escavalier to deal with Poison types.

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]

The 6th slot has gone through a lot of changes from AV Druddigon, to Sneasel to AV Skuntank and other mons I do not remember but Houndoom fills the last slot best I think because its only purpose is to switch into Delphox. Houndoom is also good for checking slower Ghost and Psychic pokemon so Camerupt and Escavalier do not take unnecessary damage. I have been more successful with the NP set than that other mixed set with 3 dark moves. The extra HP gives it a good LO HP number of 289 and it still has enough speed to outspeed Meloetta.

Importable:
Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Heat Wave
- Energy Ball

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
EVs: 248 HP / 172 SpD / 88 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Drill Run

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Houndoom @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Fun Fact: Houndoom can not hit the speed of 307 using 31 IVs.

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi A Moon Gust, nice team you've got there, although I've seen some flaws, so I'm going to give you some suggestion to hopefully make your team better!

Since your team seems to be effective on the offensive side I suggest you to run Qwilfish over Alomomola, Qwilfish can still take on physical attacker, and setting up spikes and toxic spikes will allow you to put more pression on the opposing team. Thunder Wave can be a way to give you speed control if you wish.

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Waterfall
- Taunt / Thunder Wave

Air Slash over Psyshock on Sigilyph, this will allow you to hit harder SpDef Drapion (although it's very rare) and you won't be walled by Houndoom anymore. The loss of Psyshock won't hurt your team too much as Air Slash still hits fighting types, the reason you put Sigi on the team.

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave
- Energy Ball

A spread of 168 HP / 252 Spa / 88 Spe alongside a Modest Nature on Camerupt will allow you to hit much harder, and Camerupt still has a nice bulk even without the spdef investiment! Hidden Power Ice over Toxic can be helpful to catch the Flygon switchins.

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Now I've noticed that your team gets 6-0 by Scrafty if it gets a boost as nothing on your team can outspeed it and his Dark/Fight coverage literally destroys you. Scarf Durant over Escavalier will allow you to revenge kill scrafty, and still check the threats you said Escavalier was meant to. Sleep Talk is an additional option to absorb spore and sleep powders, although Thunder Fang can allow you to hit Alomomola, Qwilfish, Jellicent and the rare Poliwrath.

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Superpower
- Thunder Fang / Sleep Talk

Sucker Punch over HP Grass on Houndoom will make you more difficult to revenge kill and so you can have a chance to clean in late game if the opposing team is weakened enough. Also running full speed is a way to tie with other Doom so you can have a chance to beat them in 1v1.

Houndoom @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse

I hope this was helpful and good luck n__n!

Reactions: amg
Hi A Moon Gust, nice team you've got there, although I've seen some flaws, so I'm going to give you some suggestion to hopefully make your team better!

Since your team seems to be effective on the offensive side I suggest you to run Qwilfish over Alomomola, Qwilfish can still take on physical attacker, and setting up spikes and toxic spikes will allow you to put more pression on the opposing team. Thunder Wave can be a way to give you speed control if you wish.

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Waterfall
- Taunt / Thunder Wave

Air Slash over Psyshock on Sigilyph, this will allow you to hit harder SpDef Drapion (although it's very rare) and you won't be walled by Houndoom anymore. The loss of Psyshock won't hurt your team too much as Air Slash still hits fighting types, the reason you put Sigi on the team.

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave
- Energy Ball

A spread of 168 HP / 252 Spa / 88 Spe alongside a Modest Nature on Camerupt will allow you to hit much harder, and Camerupt still has a nice bulk even without the spdef investiment! Hidden Power Ice over Toxic can be helpful to catch the Flygon switchins.

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Now I've noticed that your team gets 6-0 by Scrafty if it gets a boost as nothing on your team can outspeed it and his Dark/Fight coverage literally destroys you. Scarf Durant over Escavalier will allow you to revenge kill scrafty, and still check the threats you said Escavalier was meant to. Sleep Talk is an additional option to absorb spore and sleep powders, although Thunder Fang can allow you to hit Alomomola, Qwilfish, Jellicent and the rare Poliwrath.

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Superpower
- Thunder Fang / Sleep Talk

Sucker Punch over HP Grass on Houndoom will make you more difficult to revenge kill and so you can have a chance to clean in late game if the opposing team is weakened enough. Also running full speed is a way to tie with other Doom so you can have a chance to beat them in 1v1.

Houndoom @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse

I hope this was helpful and good luck n__n!

Thank you for the rating. I agree with some of the changes but having Qwilfish over Alomomola increases my weakness to ground type pokemon. My Virizion, which is physical, loses the 1v1 to Mega Steelix even if I switch it in on Stealth Rocks. My Sigilyph can beat it but only if I don't bring it in on a Heavy Slam. Also Alomomola takes less damage from Flygon's outrage, is in general bulkier, and lives longer. It doesn't help that Mega Steelix and Flygon are the top 2 most used pokemon on the high ladder, with Flygon being in the top 2 used in every elo range according to usage stats. Also, wouldn't it be better if my Durant was adamant so I could hit harder. Scarf Delphox can be handled by my Houndoom and Scarf Flygon is handled by my Alomomola. Other than that, I like the changes. Thanks again

252 Atk Choice Band Flygon Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 204-241 (38.2 - 45.1%)
-1 252 Atk Choice Band Flygon Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Qwilfish: 142-168 (42.5 - 50.2%)

This is a good team, I like it!

Anyway, I noticed you lack hazard removal. This is far from good as Houndoom cannot switch in to Delphox many times if rocks are up. In that case, I would suggest adding Scarf Defog Flygon over Houndoom. Flygon is not weak to hazards, and can switch in to Delphox. A fast Defog is good for your team. Also Alomomola can stall out your team really well if Virizion goes down just saying. I don't really have any other changes because fran17 said a lot, so hope I helped.

Reactions: amg
This is a good team, I like it!

Anyway, I noticed you lack hazard removal. This is far from good as Houndoom cannot switch in to Delphox many times if rocks are up. In that case, I would suggest adding Scarf Defog Flygon over Houndoom. Flygon is not weak to hazards, and can switch in to Delphox. A fast Defog is good for your team. Also Alomomola can stall out your team really well if Virizion goes down just saying. I don't really have any other changes because fran17 said a lot, so hope I helped.
Thnx for the rating. I wouldn't mind running Scarf Defog Flygon over Houndoom but I would use AV escavalier with Flygon since I lose a secondary psychic and ghost resist

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)