An Uber team from an Uber n00b

After many failed attempts at every aspect of this website, I have made a thing I deem worthy of being viewed! This team has been most useful on my conquest for world domination, and I think you will enjoy feeling better than someone. So enjoy this Uber RMT thingamabob.<---real word!
Sorry about the ridiculously large Liepard.

Fake Out Lead
Liepard @ Focus Sash
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Toxic
- Thief
- Pursuit
Yay, classic lead =D. Liepard does what every good lead does. Liepard will nearly always Fake Out when sent out, except for when the ghosts decide to come play, in which case I have Pursuit. (who actually uses a ghost as a lead? Well I suppose you could have a Lucky Chant Mismagius or BoltBeam Rotom, but seriously?) Next turn I set up a Toxic to spite my opponent, and usually during this turn they have a go at bashing Liepard around a bit. Thanks to complete lack of defensive EVs, this allows Focus Sash to save Liepard, and activates Liepard’s ability, Unburden. With a speed boost the next turn, I go for either a Thief or a Pursuit. Thief is to steal an opponent’s item to really annoy them before Liepard perishes, and Pursuit is for if they plan on switching out for something else because they have seen that they are mega poisoned, which never happens, ever. I would not say that Liepard is an essential part of the team, in fact, I agree with the criticism that Liepard may be a waste of Pokemon space, but it sure pisses of the opponent.
Alternatives:
-Sucker Punch>Pursuit

SubBolt(?)
Zekrom @ Leftovers
Trait: TeraVoltage
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Substitute
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
Zekrom is effectively, a SubBolt’r (new terminology!). i.e. It sets up Substitute, and spams Bolt Strikes and Stone Edges, but Outrage is only for emergencies, by emergencies I mean other Zekroms. The HP EVs is to give him enough health to live through some attacks and hopefully still have enough to Substitute. Atk EVs are for, well, attacking things. The 4 Spd is to marginally out speed other Zekroms who do not have Speed investments. I could not think of what to call this set in terms of Sweeper, Wall, Tank etc. Anyone have any idea?
Alternatives:
-Focus Punch>Stone Edge/Outrage
-Bulk Up>Substitute
-Rest>Stone Edge+Chesto/Lum>Leftovers

Wallpwner
Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse
And on the fouth day, god said ‘LET THEIR BE AN AWESOME THREE HEADED DRAGON WITH MAX SP.ATK OF 383!’o.0 Anyway, Hydreigon has got to be my favourite Unova pokemon, and is nearly always lurking around in my party somewhere. Hyderigon does not need much explanation with this set. It covers a lot of types in game (Rock, Ground, Steel, Grass, Dark, Normal, Dragon, Bug, Ice, Fire etc.) and hurts anyone in the way like hell. Still, Hydreigon has week points, like it’s rather vunerable typing, leaving it open to pokemon like the creation trio, Kyogre (then again, name a pokemon who isn’t), Rayquaza, musketeer trio, even lesser beings like Abomasnow or Lucario can cripple the Guardian of The Golden Fleece.
Alternatives:
-Life Orb>Choice Specs
-U-Turn>Focus Blast

The Unexpected SupPuncher
Golurk @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 124 Def / 124 SDef
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Shadow Punch
I was rather apprehensive about using Golurk, but I tried it out on Pkmn White and found I liked it. All sentimentalities aside, one of the few reasons I use Golurk is the 20% boost in punching moves (sucker punch not included, since it isn’t a punch o.0). While it doesn’t have the same speed as, for example, Breloom (or Spore for that matter), or even the same Atk stat, Golurk can mark it’s self out with it’s OKish defences. Also, a lot of people on PO forget that Golurk is a Ghost/Ground.
Opponent: gg
Zekrom used Bolt Strike
Golurk was unaffected
Opponent:HAX!
Me: o.0
Also, Golurk is one of the few pokemon who can effectively utilize Shadow Punch for the better, which is good, because he can’t have Shadow Claw :L
Apart from that, Golurk’s shiny form looks beast.
Alternative:
-Earthquake>Stone Edge
-Shadow Claw>Shadow Punch :L

Liepard in disguise
Tornados @ (No Item) =O
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Acrobatics
- Bulk Up
- Tailwind
- Taunt
Yay! A Tornados lead! Wait, what? Surprisingly, the set is effective even when not used as a lead, and has actually managed to sweep a few teams! Prankster is extremely useful, giving a +1 priority to non-damaging moves, i.e. Bulk Up, Tailwind and Taunt, which can allow Tornados to effectively set up a Tailwind when he is dying, and maybe a Bulk Up or two. Acrobatics is there because it is one of the strongest flying type moves available to those who are not called Staraptor or Lugia. Taunt is for when I decide to have Tornados in lead (which I do sometimes) to Taunt some Spikers into not, well, spiking.
Alternatives:
-Fling>Bulk Up

Team Cornerstone
Volcarona @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SAtk / 56 SDef / 200 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Rest
I have had so much fun with this set. You send out Volcarona, then spam Quiver Dance to kingdom come. The trick to this set is to send it out on a specially based pokemon like the multitude of DroughtTails, or even a fighting type like Conkeldur once you are sure it doesn’t have Stone Edge. If you get to quite low health, Rest and recover (this also helps if you have been Toxicated by Toxic, or TWaved by Twave, etc) once you wake up (thank God for Chesto berries) spam some more Quiver dances, THEN BUZZ! This method is so effective, I managed to sweep an entire team where the rest of my team had failed. A notable drawback to this method (as I found out) is if your opponent goes for a priority move like Extremespeed when your near Resting point.
Alternatives:
-Custap>Chesto
-Flamethrower>Heat Wave

You only have 1 (maybe 2 w/ liepard) to scarfogre, the most common poke in the metagame. You also have no check to extreme killer arceus. I recommend a bulky giratina in lieu of golurk. I also like scarf reshiram over volcarona, but it's your team. Your team looks surprisingly nice despite it being in the ubers environment.

Maybe Rotom-W s substitute for zekrom. Th need for another dragon isn't needed since you already have hydreigon. Rotom does share the same type of electric with Zekrom along with water

Give tornadus a flying orb and change vulcaronas fire to move to flamethrower, fireblast, or fire dance. Heat wave is horrible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)