NOC Animal Mafia ~Game Over~

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were doing a bit of chatter about who MVP was for town/scum in the dead thread, good stuff

personally I think this was my strongest town game to date
You were scary good this game. As soon as I subbed in the mafia were suggesting a lot of kills but my first words were "nu-huh, texas needs to die now" but alas haruno stopped that

also

xx - so yeah. I totally said my plan to fake the redirect in our chat and that he should claim alignment cop if pressured. It seems he read that last bit and ignored the rest and then did nothing to communicate with us during the entirety of that day. Still, it's funny how that snafu played out

scum -

A lot of mistake certainly were made beyond the posting side. Some of which I probably should have and could have done more about that I let slide.

ie - having koc do the kill n3 and allowing aubisio to do their commuter thing when KOC was more valuable than aubisio because of neighborizer + stance in town

also not pushing more for aubisio to clarify his role right after he posted - especially because it could have taken some pressure off of koc

That said, on the flip side. I do this was a really strong game for town. There was a lot of solid play both in clearing themselves and making critical connections like XX and blazade early game. Frankly I spent a bunch of the game just trying to figure out someway to widdle down the clears and throw doubt on people who should be clear.

Frankly, the only huge mistake town made this game would be lynching leet - something I was honestly surprised at after apricity cleared them. Like all of my initial end of day plans included trying to NK leet as I never thought he would be mislynched

also

xx - so yeah. I totally said my plan to fake the redirect in our chat and that he should claim alignment cop if pressured. It seems he read that last bit and ignored the rest and then did nothing to communicate with us during the entirety of that day. Still, it's funny how that snafu played out
I feel like Xnadroj was not very active in scumchat and kind of just made a claim unprompted to save himself without consulting his teammates/reading the thread. FH tried to capitalize on it here:
EASY

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Note about design spec:

it was sort of funny how a lot of people used roles to justify whether something was likely to be town or not.

Every single role in this game was designed to be of either alignment. We designed 17 roles for all of the various animals. We made 2 RNG rolls. The first was animal -> player. The second was for mafia, town pr, or nilla.

We only would have rerolled if town had 0 information or something similar.

a town limited shot redirector who uses his last shot before the mafia team is brought down to 1 last member ?
This was also a funny part. I actually intended to save my (sadly public) redirect shots so I could clear people, and reap the town cred because of it. However due to a misunderstanding, I thought MS had made the ruling that scum couldn't use a role action and the kill (when it was really they couldn't do that unless they were the last living mafia) so I 'burned' my redirects early to avoid being caught out

Note about design spec:

it was sort of funny how a lot of people used roles to justify whether something was likely to be town or not.

Every single role in this game was designed to be of either alignment. We designed 17 roles for all of the various animals. We made 2 RNG rolls. The first was animal -> player. The second was for mafia, town pr, or nilla.

We only would have rerolled if town had 0 information or something similar.
I think it worked because so many mafia/town roles had parallels

ie xx pretty much cleared whydon/aubisio/earlio
koc pretty much cleared jalmont, etc

Da Letter El

This was also a funny part. I actually intended to save my (sadly public) redirect shots so I could clear people, and reap the town cred because of it. However due to a misunderstanding, I thought MS had made the ruling that scum couldn't use a role action and the kill (when it was really they couldn't do that unless they were the last living mafia) so I 'burned' my redirects early to avoid being caught out
this was a misunderstanding between myself and metal sonic that we later clarified, but I guess that didn't come across

your redirects weren't public. it only was made blatantly obvious if you used it on an information role that would output something about a given player. Redirecting Haruno wouldn't have told him anything. Redirecting Earlio to Texas on a night he was targeting Haruno would give Earlio a result like "Texas was not visited by anyone else!"

yeah, I got that too late sadly. Otherwise I wouldn't have used it on jalmont (I thought it would have given him a result). Frankly, I was a bit surprised I didn't get outright lynch after it was discovered my redirects could be that hidden as to me at least, that was a pretty scummy thing.

Also sadly, I didn't get a chance to actually use my redirects. I would have loved to divert haruno/apricity more safely except doing that would probably cause me to lose outright

Da Letter El

yeah, I got that too late sadly. Otherwise I wouldn't have used it on jalmont (I thought it would have given him a result). Frankly, I was a bit surprised I didn't get outright lynch after it was discovered my redirects could be that hidden as to me at least, that was a pretty scummy thing.

Also sadly, I didn't get a chance to actually use my redirects. I would have loved to divert haruno/apricity more safely except doing that would probably cause me to lose outright
you should have redirected haruno the night you shot him literally always

haruno was able to self protect and was threatening to do so. he'd done it once already in the game

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Texas-02/10/2018
You good of I start invitational in themext week or two?
Also you motherfucker I had you dead to rights
FormerHope-02/10/2018
Lmao
Btw gj
You singlehandedly made me have to try hard

tfw caught scum but let them go on a SvS read as TvS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)