BSS Annihilape

Railgun

formerly luisin
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Annihilape

[SET]
name: Bulky Taunt
move 1: Drain Punch
move 2: Rage Fist
move 3: Bulk Up
move 4: Taunt
item: Leftovers
ability: Vital Spirit
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
tera type: Steel / Water / Flying

[SET COMMENTS]

* With Vital Spirit, Annihilape can absorb Breloom's Spore; in addition to being immune to Breloom's Mach Punch, it can set up with Bulk Up and then recover the damage taken from Bullet Seed with Drain Punch.

* Taunt helps you deal with annoying Pokemon like Curse Dondozo, Will-O-Wisp Skeledirge, and Hippowdon, to mention a few, forcing them to attack and boost Rage Fist.

Tera Types
========

**Steel** Steel turns Annihilape's Steel and Fairy weakness into resistances, as well as being an excellent defensive type overall. It lets Annihilape set up freely on Amoonguss, and resisting Flower Trick means Meowscarada has a much harder time revenge killing it.

**Water**: Water doesn't let Annihilape resist one of its weaknesses, but Water is the better general-purpose defensive type. It notably reduces damage from common Pokemon like Dondozo and Aqua Jet Azumarill.

**Flying**: Flying helps a lot to avoid Dondozo's Fissure, forcing it to attack with moves that boost Rage Fist.

EV Spreads
========

**252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe with Jolly**: Maximum Speed mainly helps Annihilape outspeed Gholdengo and Breloom. With Bulk Up and Rage Fist improving its offense, Annihilape can invest in HP over Attack.

**252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe with Careful**: More special bulk can make it much more difficult for special attackers to revenge kill Annihilape.

**252 HP / 156 SpD / 100 Spe with Careful**: This EV spread outspeeds Adamant Breloom and Cloyster while still giving Annihilape good special bulk.

[SET]
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: U-turn
move 2: Close Combat
move 3: Shadow Claw / Rage Fist
move 4: Ice Punch / Final Gambit
item: Choice Scarf
ability: Vital Spirit / Defiant
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
tera type: Fighting / Ghost

[SET COMMENTS]

* Annihilape has enough Speed to surprise important threats with Choice Scarf, such as Dragapult and Meowscarada.

* Shadow Claw is weak, but it's a reliable Ghost-type STAB move. If you can manage to get Annihilape into a weak attack, though, Rage Fist has much more reward associated with it.

* Ice Punch deals massive damage to Garchomp and Dragonite, making them easier to pick off or pressuring them to Terastallize.

* If using maximum HP, Final Gambit can potentially OHKO major defensive threats if Annihilape is healthy, such as Garganacl and Corviknight.

Tera Types
========

**Fighting**: With a Fighting Tera type, Close Combat does outrageous damage, with Rotom-W in particular taking over 90% from it.

**Ghost**: A Ghost Tera type makes Shadow Claw OHKO Dragapult, as well as giving it a 56.3% chance of OHKOing 4 HP Gholdengo.

EV Spreads
========

**4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe**: This simple EV spread is best when not using Final Gambit to maximize offensive power.

**252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe**: While maximizing HP makes Annihilape a less reliable revenge killer, it can effectively sacrifice itself with Final Gambit to get surprise KOs on certain defensive foes, like Corviknight and Garganacl.

Abilities
========

**Vital Spirit**: The immunity to Spore gives Annihilape a good opportunity to switch into Breloom, and it need not worry about Yawn.

**Defiant**: While Intimidate is not particularly common, punishing that and Speed drops can lead to devastating surprise sweeps.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[luisin, 469498], [Theorymon, 29010]]
- Quality checked by: [[Theorymon, 29010]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Adeleine, 517429]]

Last edited:
Personally I use a Dark type tera on my Annihilape because it resists 2 of its weaknesses: Ghost and Psychic. Haven't seen too much Psychic, but it really helps me survive Shadow Ball.

I've seen normal Tera, I think psychic is not important, best to be immune to ghost imo. Only weak to fighting, which won't be aimed at base form, so that helps too.

Edit: on the scarf set I'd say run Rage Fist always if max HP.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC)/(RC): Add/Remove Comma
[SET]
name: Bulky Taunt
move 1: Drain Punch
move 2: Rage Fist
move 3: Bulk Up
move 4: Taunt
item: Leftovers
ability: Vital Spirit
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
tera type: Steel / Water / Flying

[SET COMMENTS]

* With vital spirit you can eat a spore of Breloom, Vital Spirit, Annihilape can absorb Breloom's Spore; in addition to being immune to Mach Punch also you can boost yourself Breloom's Mach Punch, it can set up with Bulk Up and then recover from the damage taken by the damage taken from Bullet Seed with Drain Punch.

* Taunt helps you deal with annoying pokemon Pokemon like Curse Dondozo, Will-o-Wisp Skeledirge and Will-O-Wisp Skeledirge, and Hippowdon, (AC) to mention a few, forces forcing them to attack and boost Annihilape's signature move, Rage Fist.

Tera Types
========

**Steel-type**: Helps Annihilape take less damage from Fairy and Flying types as well as being an excellent defensive type also it **Steel** Steel turns Annihilape's Steel and Fairy weakness into resistances, as well as being an excellent defensive type overall. It lets Annihilape set up freely on Amoonguss, and resisting Flower Trick means Meowscarada has a much harder time revenge killing it.

**Water-type**: Water doesn't help Annihilate let Annihilape resist one of the its weaknesses, (AC) but Water is the better general-purpose (I imagine this is the point?) defensive type. It also helps you take less damage from common pokemon notably reduces damage from common Pokemon like Dondozo and Aqua Jet Azumarill.

**Flying-type**: It Flying helps a lot to avoid Dondozo's Fissure and being forced to attack which helps Rage Fist BP. Fissure, forcing it to attack with moves that boost Rage Fist. (I imagine this makes sense?)

EV Spreads
========

**252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe with Jolly**: Max HP and Max Speed to help Annihilape in bulk and outspeed Pokemon like Gholdengo and Breloom mainly. Maximum Speed mainly helps Annihilape outspeed Gholdengo and Breloom. With Bulk Up and Rage Fist improving its offense, Annihilape can invest in HP over Attack. (I imagine this makes sense?)

**252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe with Careful**: The More special bulk can make it much more difficult for Special Attackers special attackers to revenge kill Annihilape.

**252 HP / 156 SpD / 100 Spe with Careful**: This EV spread outspeeds Adamant Breloom and Cloyster (RC) while still giving Annihilape good special bulk.

=========

Choice Scarf Annihilape

[SET]
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: U-turn
move 2: Close Combat
move 3: Shadow Claw / Rage Fist
move 4: Ice Punch / Final Gambit
item: Choice Scarf
ability: Vital Spirit / Defiant
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
tera type: Fighting / Ghost

[SET COMMENTS]

* Annihilape has enough Speed to surprise important threats with Choice Scarf, such as Dragapult and Meowscarada.

* Shadow Claw is weak, but its it's a reliable Ghost-type STAB move. If you can manage to get Annihilape into a weak attack, (AC) though, Rage Fist has much more reward associated with it.

* Ice Punch deals massive damage to Garchomp and Dragonite, making them easier to pick off (RC) or pressuring them to Terrastallize. Terastallize.

* If using maximum HP, Final Gambit can potentially OHKO major defensive threats if Annihilape is healthy, such as Garganacl and Corviknight.

Tera Types
========

**Fighting-type**: With a Fighting Tera type, Close Combat does obscene outrageous damage, with Rotom-W in particular taking over 90% from it.

**Ghost-type**: A Ghost Tera type makes Shadow Claw OHKO Dragapult, and have as well as giving it a 56.3% chance of OHKOing 4 HP Gholdengo.

EV Spreads
========

**4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe**: This simple EV spread is the best when not using Final Gambit (RC) to maximize offensive power.

**252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe**: While maximizing HP reduces Annihilape's ability to reliably revenge kill, it does let Annihilape makes Annihilape a less reliable revenge killer, it can effectively sacrifice itself with Final Gambit to get surprise KOs on certain defensive foes, like Corviknight and Garganacl.

Abilities
========

**Vital Spirit**: The immunity to Spore gives Annihilape a good opportunity to switch into Breloom, and remain unworried it need not worry about Yawn.

**Defiant**: While Intimidate is not particularly common at the moment, punishing that and Speed drops can lead to devastating surprise sweeps.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[luisin, 469498], [Theorymon, 29010]]
- Quality checked by: [[Theorymon, 29010]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Adeleine, 517429]]
Adeleine-1.gif
GP Team done

The text in the tera types section for the first set says "Steel turns Annihilape's Steel and Fairy weakness into resistances" but Annihilape isn't weak to Steel. Did it mean "Psychic and Fairy weakness"?

DerpySuX

I’ll encourage ya smile, I’d expect you don’t cry
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
In light of recent meta developments, Covert Cloak should be the recommended item for this set. This grants Annihilape several key advantages. Firstly, this renders it immune to the residual damage of Salt Cure. This is easily the biggest selling point and worth the item slot on its own, as Annihilape is one of the few Pokémon to truly strike fear into Garganacl. Additionally, the general security offered by being immune to flinches from various other moves aimed at it (Dark Pulse, Air Slash mainly) is very nice.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In light of recent meta developments, Covert Cloak should be the recommended item for this set. This grants Annihilape several key advantages. Firstly, this renders it immune to the residual damage of Salt Cure. This is easily the biggest selling point and worth the item slot on its own, as Annihilape is one of the few Pokémon to truly strike fear into Garganacl. Additionally, the general security offered by being immune to flinches from various other moves aimed at it (Dark Pulse, Air Slash mainly) is very nice.
Yeah I used this myself extensively, I agree that its def the best item on BU Annihilape, its been added!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)