another genius team

So i used to be at around 60 on the PO uber dreamworld tier, until i discovered my love for uu :D. Anyway i came back to ubers a couple of months later to discover i had dropped to about 700 :o. Playing didn't help my ranking much at all and i started losing at about 300 (my uber sense was completely out).

I changed the team until it became decent again, but half the team was changed so no point editing my old thread (besides i figured out how to make pictures :D). Anyway here's the new team. It's currently sitting at 120 and has yet to lose since the newest modifications, but i haven't had time to test it much.

Team building process

So I started with my original team

I got A LOT of advice on the last team about how serperior was not viable in ubers every with his ability :\ and it was true :( so i changed him to grasseus cause i liked grass STAB on my team

Then skarm didn't work for me as well as he used to so i replaced him with scarf ditto

lugia didnt work for me nearly as well as it used to and i had a huge weakness to espeed arceus so i changed it to giratina. i was never good at kingdra dont think i ever will be so i changed him to latios the fastest dragon in ubers

the final changes happened all together. ditto was removed as lead and replaced mewtwo, ditto was replaced by shaymin-s and finally grasseus was replaced by waterceus

Shaymin-S

Choice scarf
Serene grace
252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
Modest

Seed flare
Earth power
Air slash
Hp ice

Hazards have only ever been minor hindrances in uber rain teams imo, but nevertheless a hindrance is still a hindrance so i thought how can i stop them? deoxys, darkrai, thunderus or shaymin-s. So i picked shaymin-s as my lead due to breaking sashes and flinching possibly. He's quite wonderful at destroying opposing weather starters as well which is very nice. Seed flare is great with a 60% chance of them having -2 to spd which means it can break even resisting walls. Air slash for leads and earth power and hp ice for coverage.

Water Arceus

Splash plate
Multitype
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
Jolly

Swords dance
Waterfall
Dragon claw
Extreme speed

Jolly nature is to outspeed latios and ohko back with +2 dragon claw (dont know if it ohkos without a boost). Waterfall and dragon claw provide great coverage in ubers, with ferrothorn being the only common pokemon which resists both. Extreme speed to pick off weakened choice scarfers.

Ditto

Choice Scarf
Imposter
252 Hp
Naughty

Not much to say about him except he is my saving grace when i accidentally let the opposing arceus boost to +6 (usually due to parahax :\).

Giratina

Leftovers
Pressure
252 Hp/ 178 Def/ 78 SpD
Impish

Rest
Sleep talk
Will-o-wisp
Roar

A great counter to most physical atkers. Not only do they do miniscule amounts of damage he can disable them for the rest of the match with wow. Rest talk keeps him alive and stops him being stalled by toxic. Roar is a good phasing move and shows the opposing team which is handy.

Latios

Soul dew
Levitate
252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
Timid

Draco meteor
Dragon pulse
Grass know
Calm mind

Draco meteor is imo the most influential move in the uber metagame. It has 140 BP and is backed by STAB and a huge SpA stat. This move does a ton especially with soul dew. Calm mind is used with dragon pulse and grass knot for a more sustainable sweep

Kyogre

Leftovers
Drizzle
252 Hp/ 252 Def/ 4 SpA
Bold

Rest
Sleep talk
Surf
Calm mind

My favourite set in competitive ubers :). As long as he can steer clear of seed flare, thunder or bolt strike, this guy can almost always survive and pull of a magnificent sweep. Calm mind boosts his base 150 SpA to even greater heights while also boosting his 140 SpD.

ill fill u guys in on any changes in rank in the meantime tell me how to improve my team :)

Your team is weak to Lugia with Multiscale and Ferrothorn to an extent. I suggest you replace Water Arceus with Substitute+Hone Claws Zekrom.

I suggest you to change the role of giratina for a few reasons: i've tried it in ubers, and with his defensive stats is a great wall but there is a problem: i've EV'd it 252 hp/ 164 SpD/ 92 Def. it works as well against mewtwo and other pkmns that carry shadow ball or ice beam but is too weak against dragons. Dragons such as palkia, latios, reshiram and also phisical zekrom and rayquaza can easily ohko him with draco meteor (a draco meteor from a not evd palkia does about 60% to my gira) so i suggest you to spend more evs on the spD or replace it with a ferrothorn who works great in the rain. your giratina is also too weak to taunt and this set doesn't help against mewtwo that 2HKO you with shadow ball (with low spD evs). You have got also problems with lugia like the post above says. Thundurus can help you with a powerful thunder in the rain that hurts lugia as well, remember that expecially in the ubers tier (when the base power of the attacks is really really high) the STAB is extremely needed when you want to break walls like giratina, lugia and kyogre.

yeh nobody was rating it so i couldnt be bothered updating it

giratina, shaymin s, latios and ditto are all gone

a lot of crap happened so previous team members which ive tested

scarf mewtwo
shedninja
kabutops
subclaw zekrom (yes i tried him already)
mixed giratina o
ground arceus (in that period kyogre was replaced cause i no longer needed rain)
specs dialga

current added team members are

support jirachi
sub cm chandelure
thundurus (my new lead)
specs dialga

im considering making a new thread in the ubers section but then i cant use chandy with shadow tag :\

also my rank is 60 again but it peaked at around 30

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)