Another Mega Gengar team

Well this is my first RMT. I've been extensively testing out all of the gen 6 pokemon, and trying to raise my ACRE on oubeta, but I can't seem to get past 1650. I feel like my team has a lot of potential and I definitely do not want to completely disband it, but it certainly needs some help. Some pokemon that have caused problems for me are Tyranitar, Cloyster, Gliscor, Scizor, Lucario, and occasionally Aegislash, Sableye, and Liepard. I have tried swapping Talonflame out for Smeargle, but the lack of power and move versatility is noticeable.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

The Shadow Ball + Focus Blast combo gives 2x coverage to 7 types and 1x coverage 11 types. Sludge bomb makes Gengar the ultimate fairy killer. Using Shadow Tag to trap fairies it's fairly easy to Sludge any fairy to its poison death. The protect is there for three reasons: 1) It combos nicely with leech seeds if they are up. 2) It scouts out why the opponent did not swap out their pokemon (before the mega evo ability activates). 3) While regular Gengar's 110 base speed is not too bad there are plenty of pokemon that can outspeed it before it gets to transform and keep its 130 base speed in mega evolution.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spe/ 252 SpA/ 4 HP
Hasty Nature
- U-Turn
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse

This pokemon is probably the best thing that has come out of gen 6. I can imagine a lot of cool ways to use this pokemon. I generally use him as a scout early to mid game with U-turn into a more suitable match, and he sometimes becomes my late game sweeper with 3 officially different type stab special attacks and a decent speed.

Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Spe/ 248 SpA/ 8 Def
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Fire

This pokemon combos excellently with the U-Turns on my team, and it's sole purpose is to take out hazard trappers. The 8 EVs in defense ensure 100% chance that a Gyro Ball Ferrothorn will not OHKO Espeon without a crit (since it will take two HP fires to take down ferrothorn). The psychic+psyshock combo ensure that Espeon will get a powerful attack off on almost any foe, and I have had Espeon sweep teams late game plenty of times with these two moves alone. Alternatively Choice Specs Espeon seems like an interesting option as it will ensure a 1 hit KO on Ferrothorns.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpD / 252 HP / 4 SpA
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost

Paraflinch Togekiss is pretty scary to almost any teams. If the enemy pokemon does not have priority it is easy to thunder wave and roost spam until they fail to attack once, giving you full health and the advantage of not being paralyzed. I have had great luck with this pokemon, and it is a strong dragon killer.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP/ 48 Def / 208 SpD
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn is my go-to option to take an incoming physical attack and damage the attacker. With some outplaying it combos very well with Togekiss against earthquakers, and with Gengar against fighting types. It can also provide sustain for anyone on the team.

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- U-Turn
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz

Although I think he has some great points this is the only pokemon on my team I feel a little shaky about. A well timed swords dance will make this pokemon chunk anyone, but I am not particularly in need of a sweeper on my team. The role of a fire attack receiver is also nicely covered by Togekiss. I mostly use him for his priority Brave Bird, since nothing else on my team has a priority move. His fire coverage is also my best bet at taking down a Mega Lucario or Mega Scizor.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)