Another Sand Balance Team!

The Dream Team....

Edition Sand!

Introduction

Hey people! I want to say firstoff that this team is pretty much me trying to redefine sand balance, and so you will nor see some of the sand staples that you are used to seeing, such as Gliscor, Scizor, Hydreigon, Heatran, Keldeo, etc. Instead, I take a much more "Standard yet Creative" approach to my teambuilding style, meaning taking already popular things and using them differently. The team is mostly commonly used OU pokemon, but you may see some surprises in movesets, items, sets, and more. Also, you find in general RMT's that there is an overall MVP on each team; however, I try to make it so that there is no one Pokemon that is singled out from the rest. All of the Pokemon on my team work together and perform different roles to make everyone an MVP! The team supporters do their role to help the sweepers, the defensive players jelp patch holes against offensive teams, and the sweepers take advantage of this support by setting up late game. Let's not waste any more time, and get into the Pokemon!

===============================================

The Team At-A-Glance

Tyranitar @

Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Atk / 16 SAtk / 72 SDef
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Pursuit

Tyranitar was my weather inducer of choice, simply because it has the offense over Hippowdon, provides Pursuit support, and can kill Nattorei, Scizor, Forretress, and more with a solidly poweful Fire Blast, which actually hits harder than you would think with 16 Special Attack EVs. I chose a support set so that I could get Stealth Rock on my team, which gives Terrakion and Landorus much more sweeping capability. The EVs might seem sorta random, but it really is pretty simple. Firstoff, 252 HP EVs is pretty obvious for a support set. I put in Attack EVs so that I can actually kill things with Pursuit, as I found that 0 Attack EVs never hit hard enough for me. Next, I put Special Attack EVs in to actually hurt the Steel-Types that switch in. The rest were thrown into Tyranitar's Special Defense, which is still bolstered a ton in the Sandstorm. The moveset is pretty standard for bulky Ttar, and I already sorta explained it, so I won't go in depth with it. I certainly want to keep Ttar, just because its a fantastic bulky attacker.

Landorus @

Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

After BW2 was released, Landorus gained Sheer Force, which made everybody all giddy about using the LO/RP set, which I honestly respect, and think it is a very good mon. However, this made physical Landorus kind of pushed aside. I wanted to use a fantastic sweeper that I remembered from the old days of BW1, so I opted for the Sub/SD set, which still hits incredibly hard. To give an example, at +2 and in the Sand, Landorus can deal almost 75% to max HP, max Defense Gliscor. Seeing as this is, the only real counter I have found for this Landorus is Bronzong, who misses 3% OU by a very wide margin. I do need support for this Landorus, as it does not have great coverage, but as one of my amazing sweepers, Landorus punches huge holes in the opponent's team.

Terrakion @

Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Not only can Terrakion run a great Choice set, but it can also run an incredibly dangerous double dancer set that pairs wonderfully with Landorus, simply smashing through opposition after getting +2 on either stat. Because it is very difficult to actually wall Terrakion, it finds many opportunities to set up even both dances on defensive Pokemon, such as Skarmory. The reason I'm using Rock Gem is to power through bulkier neutral Pokemon that Terrakion relies on Stone Edge to hit, such as Latias, Mew, and Slowbro. I really like Terrakion's Special Defense boost in the Sand as well, which allows it to take some neutral special hits. Overall, an incedibly threatening sweeper and a great asset to my team

==============================================

Zapdos @

Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic

Zapdos fulfills 3 specific roles on this team. The first role is to take on bulky waters that would otherwise threaten my offensive core and spread burns with Scald. Zapdos does this by abusing Toxic stall with Sub and Roost, while hitting them hard with Thunderbolt. The next niche that Zapdos has on my team is a rain counter and a Politoed switch-in. By using STAB Thunderbolt and keeping healthy with Roost, Zapdos is able to use its typing to break past the defensive core of Politoed / Tentacruel, an extremely common sight in OU. Lastly, Zapdos provides me with very solid defense, which I otherwise lack. Zapdos has a very specialized role on this team that is greatly appreicated by all of my mons.

Jirachi @

Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-Turn
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

It continually amazes me how much of the metagame ScarfRachi can check. To have a reliable, fast, bulky revenge killer is the exact reason I chose ScarfRachi on this team over any other Scarfer. Not only does Jirachi provide revenge killing, but it also works as a great pivot with U-Turn, and gains my sweepers momentum through switching. Jirachi can even sweep latte-game, if necessary. Iron Head hits pretty hard, and flinch hax is incredibly easy to come by with Serene Grace. Haxorus, Hydreigon, Salamence, Dragonite, Terrakion, and more are all susceptible to Jirachi, some even at +1. While Jirachi might not be the blowing holes in the opposition, it picks off weakened Pokemon and checks an incredible amount of threats.

Starmie @

Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Starmie is the only spinner that can retain offensive momentum with my team, and reliably spin away hazards that threaten to wear my team down, giving leighway for Stall and Offense to wreck my team. Since my only answers to the main hazard setters are Terrakion and Jirachi (not on full defense spreads), I tend to havee trouble keeping hazards from wearing down my Pokemon, Zapdos in particular. With Starmie taking on more of a defensive spread, I can assure that my team is not lacking in defense, as balance is very important to keeping my 'mons healthy. Starmie can give me defense without sacrificing offense, which is why I chose it over other Rapid Spinners, such as Forretress.

Conclusion

I hope you all enjoyed this RMT! I certainly had fun making it, and leave a luvdisc if you liked it! :)

Latias > Zapdos

Hey there,

Solid team. From what I see, the biggest threats I see are from Sun and Rain teams. Nothing on this team really appreciates taking a STAB water move in the rain, not even Starmie. With that said, I recommend using LO Latias > Zapdos. Latias is an excellent check to many Sun and Rain teams and it gives some extra offensive prowess to this team. With Latias > Zapdos, you remove the Stealth Rock weakness, you maintain a check for RP Landorus, and you gain one for strong Electric types like Thundurus-Therian or Rotom-W which can do a number to any team. It also gives some insurance against Keldeo if Starmie was to go down. As previously stated, this team is very solid and not much is needed to be done to it to make it better.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Recover

With these changes said, good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)