another team

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Introduction

Hey Smogon! I recently found myself at my 1000th post with no idea of what to do with it and after a bit of pondering while the site was down, I figured I would post another RMT since that's what I feel the most comfortable with. This team is very fast paced and fun to use. It doesn't have any significant weaknesses if played correctly and features some underrated sets such as Bulky Scolipede, Choice Band Golurk, and Choice Scarf Charizard. Without further adeu, here is the team!

The Team

Metang @ Eviolite
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Toxic

Despite all the negativity that has surrounded Metang ever since it was forced into RU, it finds its way onto this team as it does with many others by being an excellent check to many threats in the current metagame, such as Jynx, Kangaskhan, or Serperior. It is the only true defensive Pokemon that I have which could put a lot of pressure on it at times, but it will usually get its job done. A lot of people also underestimate Metang's ability to do damage which has worked in my favor many times. Meteor Mash followed by Bullet Punch can usually take care of frail Pokemon such as Primeape. While Steel is generally a poor offensive typing, I can't afford to add any additional coverage moves because Bullet Punch and Toxic are so crucial. The former allows me to pick off Jynx, which is the biggest threat in NU while the latter gives me a way to deal with bulkier Pokemon, especially Carracosta, which is extremely dangerous to this team and can set up for free against Metang otherwise.

Scolipede @ Leftovers
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 60 Def / 160 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Megahorn
- Aqua Tail

This guy is pretty much what makes the team tick. Toxic Spikes are amazing for offense because many of the top walls are worn down really quickly by it. Alomomola and Tangela can no longer wall Golurk while Audino or Regice will have a much harder time taking on my special attackers. If the opponent doesn't have a Poison-type on their team then I've pretty much won the match already. The residual damage also makes it much easier to deal with spinners since they will be worn down to the point where they can be picked off even if Golurk does manage to die against Wartortle or Smashkoal. The EV spread may seem really weird, but it is excellent at setting up multiple layers against the opponent while checking the majority of the Fighting and Grass Pokemon in the tier. The Speed EVs give me an edge against Charizard while the Attack EVs allow me to 2HKO Musharna.

Golurk @ Choice Band
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch

Golurk was initially thrown on the team as an additional Sawk check, Electric immunity, and spinblocker, but it has turned out to be one of the most useful weapons on the team. Its massive power allows me to muscle through many walls that could potentially give this team troubles. Even with only 80 HP EVs, it can survive a lot of neutral attacks and retaliate back with an insanely powerful attack, which makes Golurk useful against all kinds of playstyles. However, it often requires a lot of prediction to use, since there are a lot of Pokemon immune to both its STABs. 176 Speed allows Golurk to beat Golem, which could potentially give this team trouble when played well. I'm considering dropping some of it though since its bulk is pretty underwhelming, being OHKOed by Sawk's Ice Punch.

Kangaskhan (F) @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

There isn't much to say about Kangaskhan. It's probably the best Pokemon for offensive teams in NU right now simply because of the sheer amount of threats it checks. Priority is so important in the current metagame because of all the frail, powerful threats such as Jynx or Scolipede running around. Defensive teams generally give Kangaskhan a hard time, but with hazard support, switching into it becomes so much harder. Fake Out is an amazing move and can prevent sweeps or rack up Toxic Spikes damage on things that it can't do much damage to. It also prevents Riolu from having its way with Copycat, which was a problem that my previous team had.

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Ludicolo has taken a bit of a step back as far as top threats go due to the prevalence of Jynx and friends. However, it is still a deadly sweeper, especially now that many teams are underprepared for it. Ludicolo really enjoys the recent popularity of Seismitoad, which allows it to basically get a free Rain Dance off. Once it does, there isn't going to be much standing in the way of Ludicolo save Regice and bulky Normal-types, which are all hit hard by hazards. I usually use it to break down teams or prevent Stealth Rocks early on in the game, opening up the path for Charizard to clean up later on.

Charizard (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower

Even with a quadruple weakness to Stealth Rock and no access to U-Turn or Volt Switch, Charizard acts as one of the best users of Choice Scarf in the metagame. It definitely performs better than it looks on paper. One quality it has is being faster than pretty much every other common Choice Scarf user in the tier. Zebstrika and Jolly Tauros are pretty much the only viable ones that can outpace Charizard, and they are both easily handled by this team. Another selling point it has is Blaze, which can in some cases turn its massive weakness to Stealth Rocks into an advantage, allowing me to clean up with a powerful Fire Blast. Charizard usually isn't in play for long in a match, but it will do a lot of work when it does enter the field.

Conclusion

This will probably be my last RMT on Smogon since they're becoming sorta of a hassle (I only made this because I didn't know what to do for my 1K). The team is really fun to use though so feel free to steal it. Shoutout to Zebraiken, Raseri, MMF, CrashinBoomBang, EBeast, Annoyer, and the rest of #nucouncil for being the coolest channel. Also #neverused since I practically live there! Huge thanks to everyone who has been part of my Smogon experience for making it a fun and enjoyable experience n_n

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hello FLCL! =)~

Nice to see you rmt one of my generic teams. n_n Congrats on finally making your 1k that we've been waiting for for a while now. Like my teams, this one is a little weak to Carracosta since it can set up on Kanga and Scolipede and do work from there. Thankfully TSpikes and Spikes can definitely slow it down and Metang can check it, but you still have to watch out.

Metang + CB Golurk is fantatic, glad you liked using it as well. And Ludicolo is a huge doucher to a lot of teams right now. Standardish team, but really effective. Thanks for the shout out. Luvdisc :].

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)